PDA

View Full Version : Ezekiel is here ( long birth story)

Kaybee
January 14th 05, 03:31 AM
HI all.

Thought I would let you know that Ezekiel has made it into the world. It
starts on January 5th around 4:45 am. I was waken by Eva as she was
entering my room telling me to go to the bathroom. She was right I did have
to go potty. As I was crawling out of bed I felt as if I was peeing myself.
So I went potty and as I was getting up I started leaking again. Oh man my
water broke. So I cleaned up and grabbed a towel then went and called hubby
at work to tell him that my water broke. He said that he would be home.
(for those that want to know it wasn't after a bad ice storm it was warm
out). I called the doctor at about 6:20 am to tell him I think my water
broke. He told me to go into the office at 7:30 to get checked out since I
was not having strong contractions. I was just having little cramping.
Hubby gets home and asks if I called the doctor and I told him yes and what
he said.

I tried to get some rest but couldn't. Eva woke up and was excited about
the baby. She also wanted me to hold her and read to her. So I did that.
I then took a shower to try to feel a little better. It was 7am and I
needed to head to the doctors. By the time we made it to 7:30 am I was
having some strong contractions so we rolled me out of the Jeep and up to
the doctors. I made it as far as the chairs and had hubby go check me in.
As I was standing there a nurse came out and asked if I was ok. I said 'oh
I am in labor so as she was taking me back to a room hubby was checking me
in and wouldn't you know the doctor that was on call that I spoke to didn't
call the office to let them know that I was coming. Well I got to a room
and the nurse had me take my bottoms off and went to get the doctor. Well
he came in the room and swabbed me to have the fluid checked under the
microscope. Then he did a check to see how far dilated I was and I was at 4
then a big "gush" all over his shoes. He said I guess we don't need to
check the slide go right over to the hospital.

At 8 am I was checked into the hospital. I was talking with hubby about
what time they would start the pit. I said by noon and he said by 10am.
Around 10 am they started the pit. That is about the time everyone showed
up to show their support and to take care of Eva. After they started the
pit tings started to pick up and about noon I decided after having 3 strong
contractions on my way to go potty that I wanted to have the epidural. I
got the epi soon after that low dose because I just wanted the edge taken
off. I was progressing extremely well and it looked like hubby's prediction
of having Zeke by 4 was going to happen. Then at about 2:10 in the middle
of a contraction my belly started moving like he was having a hiccup. Even
my father-in-law saw it and said that it was strange. Right after that my
nurse came running in and had me flipping around this way and that trying to
find the heart rate. The doctor came right in and said that she was going
to put me on the internal monitor and she wanted me to go to as Zack put it
'doggie style'. By this time my f-i-l and mom had left the room. I was
then on my way to the OR for a STAT section. Hubby left behind in the room.
I had to go to the hospital's main OR because the maternity OR's were full.

At 2:21pm Ezekiel Titus was born. It was found that he had tied a knot in
his cord and wrapped it around his neck a couple of times. Oh by the time I
had made it to the OR I had gone from 8cm to 10cm and he was moving down the
canal. While he was being pulled out my uterus ripped. He did start to cry
right away and I got to see him before he headed off to NICU. He was so
gorgeous I just kept kissing him and crying and telling him that I loved
him. I thank God everyday that I didn't start to push because we wouldn't
have Zeke and there was a chance I wouldn't be here either.

Zack got to go and be with Zeke while he was in NICU. I was sewed up and
off to recovery. About an hour of recovery I got to see my family. I cried
when Zack handed Zeke to me. Eva then came up to see me and gave me a big
hug and kiss. We introduced her to her brother and she then asked to hold
him. She did a great job holding him.

We spent 3 days in the hospital. I could of spent 4 but I was ready to go
home. All is going well Zeke did have a small case of jaundice and had to
be on the light blanket for a couple of days. He has finally gotten the
hang of breastfeeding.

Eva is having a little trouble adjusting to her brother 'specially when we
are out in public and everyone pays attention to the baby. But she is a big
help at home with him.

Ezekiel Titus
Jan 5,2005
7lbs 15 3/4 oz
21 inches

Kay
Eva 9/2002
Ezekiel 1/2005

Anne Rogers
January 14th 05, 04:58 AM
congratulations, welcome to Ezekiel, what a great name.

I got a bit confused in the story, why were you started on pitocin? I also
didn't manage to figure out the reason for the c-section and what does STAT
stand for?

Thanks

Anne

Todd Gastaldo
January 14th 05, 07:16 AM
"NotMyRealName" > wrote in message
> Congrats! Welcome Zeke!

Zeke from Ezekiel - I never put those two names together - but then again I
never thought about it much.

I remember a fellow I worked with was called "Easy." He was quite easy
going - but now I'm thinking may "Easy" came from Ezekiel?

I like both "Zeke" and Ezekiel, but watch out for nicknames...They sometimes
stick when you don't want them to...

I know a couple who named their son Jason James. The mother decreed that he
would NOT be called "JJ." The boy's grandma started to call him JJ. JJ he
is to this day. (Jason for "official" stuff though, I think.)

Congratulations, Kay - welcome to little Ezekiel.

Todd

Chookie
January 14th 05, 11:33 AM
Congratulations on the birth of Ezekiel!

Why the pitocin? I find it hard to keep people's information straight around
here.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet

Mary W.
January 14th 05, 02:55 PM
Kaybee wrote:

> Ezekiel Titus
> Jan 5,2005
> 7lbs 15 3/4 oz
> 21 inches

Congrats! Welcome baby Zeke!

Mary W.

Unadulterated Me
January 15th 05, 02:03 AM
Kaybee wrote:

> Ezekiel Titus
> Jan 5,2005
> 7lbs 15 3/4 oz
> 21 inches

Congratulations! That's a very, erm, biblical name you chose there,
expecting great things are we ;-)

Andrea

Larry McMahan
January 15th 05, 02:26 AM
Kaybee > writes:
: HI all.

: At 8 am I was checked into the hospital. I was talking with hubby about
: what time they would start the pit. I said by noon and he said by 10am.
: Around 10 am they started the pit.

So I don't get it. If your waters had broken and you were already at 4 cm
why did they decide to augment the labor with pit?

Just curious,
Larry

Catherine C.
January 15th 05, 05:58 AM
Congrats and welcome to Zeke! :)

Kaybee
January 17th 05, 02:22 AM
"Anne Rogers" > wrote in message
news:1105678728.9ab1607b3af9cfb043f24d2417860b30@t eranews...
> congratulations, welcome to Ezekiel, what a great name.
>
> I got a bit confused in the story, why were you started on pitocin?

They started me on the pitocin because I wasn't having strong enough or
regular contractions.

I also
> didn't manage to figure out the reason for the c-section and what does
STAT
> stand for?

I had to have the section because his heart rate dropped and they had to act
fast. When there did it was found that he had a knot in his cord and as he
started descending into the canal it pulled the knot tighter.

Kay
Eva 9/2002
Ezekiel 1/2005

> Thanks
>
> Anne

Daye
January 17th 05, 06:59 AM
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 03:31:54 GMT, "Kaybee"
> wrote:

>Ezekiel Titus
>Jan 5,2005

Congrats and welcome to Ezekiel!

He has a great bday. He is exactly 1 year younger than my son. :)

--
Daye
Mommy to DD3 and DS1

Kaybee
January 17th 05, 04:41 PM
Jen,
I am doing ok. Still sore and can only sit at the computer for maybe 20
mins at a time but we are all doing good.

Yes my uterus ripped when the doctor was taking him out. She had to act
fast (due to the fact his heart rate disappeared) and the part that ripped
wasn't stretched far enough.

Kay
Eva 9/2002
Ezekiel 1/2005

Kaybee
January 17th 05, 04:47 PM
"Chookie" > wrote in message
> Congratulations on the birth of Ezekiel!

Thanx

> Why the pitocin?

I wasn't progressing

Kaybee
January 17th 05, 04:55 PM

> congratulations & welcome to ezekiel. i love that name.

Thanx. Hibby got to name him and it is a family name.

> i haven't followed your story, why did you need the pitocin?

I wasn't progressing and the contractions were not strong.

what a scary
> experience with the cord. did the rip in your uterus cause you any
> continuing problems?

The only problem with the way my uterus ripped I shouldn't have any more
kids. It would be to risky. So even though we were done having children I
can not do my dream of being a sergeant.

Kaybee
January 17th 05, 04:58 PM
"Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> Kaybee > writes:
> : HI all.
>

> : At 8 am I was checked into the hospital. I was talking with hubby about
> : what time they would start the pit. I said by noon and he said by 10am.
> : Around 10 am they started the pit.
>
> So I don't get it. If your waters had broken and you were already at 4 cm
> why did they decide to augment the labor with pit?

I wasn't progressing and the contractions were next to none. Not strong
enough. I didn't argue because I wanted to get rollin on pushing him out.

> Just curious,
> Larry

Irene
January 17th 05, 07:59 PM
Congrats, and welcome little Zeke! I love that nickname, btw.

I'm so glad you got through what sounds like a very scary experience!
Irene

arachne
January 19th 05, 04:03 AM
"Kaybee" > wrote in message
>>> i haven't followed your story, why did you need the pitocin?
>
> I wasn't progressing and the contractions were not strong.

i had the same with DS.

> what a scary
>
> The only problem with the way my uterus ripped I shouldn't have any more
> kids. It would be to risky. So even though we were done having children
> can not do my dream of being a sergeant.

i'm sorry that this decision was forced you by the circumstances.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th August 2002

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain." -- Pliny
the Elder (23 AD - 79 AD)