PDA

View Full Version : Good news, and more good news!

Ilse Witch
January 14th 05, 04:18 PM
Today is so totally my day!!
/bounce bounce bounce

The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.

Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.

Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
for me through all the hard times.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Circe
January 14th 05, 04:28 PM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. <snip>
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. <snip>
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.

Aw, Ilse, this is all terrific news and I think you DO deserve it as much or
more than anyone. You've been through some very rough times in the past
couple of years and I couldn't be more pleased and happy for you right now.
Yippeeeee!
--
Be well, Barbara

Broken
January 14th 05, 04:38 PM
Ilse Witch > wrote in
:

> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had
> grown well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly
> smaller than baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I
> ovulated on two consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially
> dismissed me to the regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to
> go there anyway because of my thyroid, but with twins it is also
> standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted
> for the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at
> the best basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country.
> That doesn't mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance
> now. I would be the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me
> better than average chances. I also told them about my history of
> m/c's. A risky thing, but the application was written in the weeks
> after my last m/c, which is not a time when I am at my best, so I
> didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO
> happy! I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who
> deserve it so much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that
> I have such luck today. And even more so that I can share it with you,
> who have been there for me through all the hard times.

Know what...?

This is incredibly good news...I am so happy for you. A searchlight at
the end of a long, dark tunnel...congratulations my dear, if anyone
deserves it, you do.

Stellar Mama
January 14th 05, 04:42 PM
I'm SO happy for you!!! Great news on ALL fronts!

Dawn:)

"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
| Today is so totally my day!!
| /bounce bounce bounce
|
| The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
| well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
| baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
| consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
| regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
| of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
|
| Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
| the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
| basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
| mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
| the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
| chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
| the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
| time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
|
| Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
| I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
| much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
| today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
| for me through all the hard times.
|
| --
| -- I
| mommy to DS (July '02)
| mommy to four tiny angels
| (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
| guardian of DH (33)
| preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Kara H
January 14th 05, 04:46 PM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote:

> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.

Wahoooo, Ilse!!! I'm *so* incredibly happy for you! You have been in my
thoughts and prayers lately and I'm so glad to see things are going your
way! I bet the sound of those heartbeats was beautiful!

I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Please be sure to keep us
updated.

-Kara.

Crystal Dreamer
January 14th 05, 05:01 PM
"Ilse Witch" wrote:
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Yes, you definitely deserve this! Congratulations! My due date was Aug. 14
2005, so you're in good company. ;)

--
-Lisa
Mom to Aaron & Nicholas, Born 7/25/04

Elle
January 14th 05, 05:05 PM
Ilse Witch wrote:
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had
grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller
than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me
to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway
because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted
for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the
best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That
doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I
would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than
average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing,
but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is
not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO
happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it
so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such
luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been
there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

That is so excellent! What wonderful news. Your DH must be over the
moon.

Elle
2/16/2005

Dagny
January 14th 05, 05:11 PM
Yeah!

Joyce
January 14th 05, 05:16 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WoW! You are RED HOT
today, Mama! What a wonderful post!

The power of prayer is amazing! I've been praying for you every day !!

You go, Girl!!

Love ya,

Joyce
Mommy to Charles
Wife to James<<<the man I love
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

January 14th 05, 05:19 PM
Hey Ilse,

I am mainly a lurker but have followed your story and am very happy for
you. You definately deserve some good news. Congratulations! I will
have to stay on after my #2 is born to read the birth story.

Shelley
mom to Jacob (3 yo)
edd mar 30/05

Ilse Witch wrote:
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had
grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller
than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me
to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway
because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted
for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the
best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That
doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I
would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than
average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing,
but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is
not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO
happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it
so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such
luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been
there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Min E
January 14th 05, 05:21 PM
Ilse Witch wrote:
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.

Such wonderful news!!
Congratulations again and keep up the good karma!

Best,
Min
EDD 3/28/05

Ilse Witch
January 14th 05, 05:27 PM
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:05:06 -0800, Elle wrote:

> That is so excellent! What wonderful news. Your DH must be over the
> moon.

Hehe, he is still in denial, but had a grin stuck on his face real good
this morning ;-)

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels
(28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
guardian of DH (33)

CY
January 14th 05, 05:30 PM
Happy dance, hanppy dance, happy dance. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting and good luck with the job - you deserve it!

{{Ilse}} Love ya, babe!

CY
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Kate
January 14th 05, 05:30 PM
Yayy

Glad to hear the news is good - and on the job front too..

and you do deserve it - you've been thru alot - it's high time you got
a break :o)))

Kate

Buzzy Bee
January 14th 05, 05:34 PM
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:18:11 -0500, Ilse Witch
> wrote:

> I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
>the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
>time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.

Congrats on everything going so well.

FWIW I was offered my current job the day this baby was conceived. I
had also told them about my history of miscarriages and about Seoras
(I needed to to explain my sick record for one thing) so they were
well aware I was TTC and they offered me it anyway. When I told my
manager I was pregnant, the day I started, she was not at all
surprised!

Good luck on the job!

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7th May 2003, 17 hours. http://seoras.farr-montgomery.com
EDD 11th March 2005 (another boy!)

Caroline or Greg
January 14th 05, 05:38 PM
wahoo and wahoo and you more than deserve it luv!

Caroline

"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Lead Foot Mama
January 14th 05, 05:57 PM
Well, now *Thats* a Happy Friday Post!!!!

I hope the best for you with this new job opportunity! How cool!

"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Cam & Shane
January 14th 05, 06:01 PM
That's fantastic news - you must be on cloud 9!!!

I hope you get the job too! It's about time thing went your way - you
deserve it!!

All the best
Cam

PS I hope your nausea has stabilised a little.

"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Mo
January 14th 05, 06:04 PM
Ilse Witch > wrote:
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce

Hey, peanut and cashew like to be shaken ;-)?

I'm so happy I could just cry! I've been checking AM for hours and of
course you post *4 minutes* after my last check LOL. Next time, do tell
us the time of your appointment, will ya LOL?! Congratulations and
congratulations!! In the months to come you might want to check out the
multiples group (alt.parenting.twins-triplets), the people there have
lots of useful information for you. I know Brigitte (Delicious Truffles)
who used to post here has a site, I think it's for multiples as well.
You might want to Google for that, it's the last thing she posted in the
multiple group, a few months ago. Gosh, I'm babbling, aren't I? I'm just
so exited for you!! It's *twins*!

Congratulations also on the job opportunity, I hope it works out for you
:-)!

And lady: you *do* deserve this! Frankly I couldn't have wished for my
new year's wish to you to work out any better than this. I mean, I did
wish you labour in all senses of the word, but I had not imagined *this*
fantastic outcome :-D!
--
Mo

Sue
January 14th 05, 06:21 PM
That's wonderful. And you deserve it. :o)
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Lynn
January 14th 05, 06:29 PM
I don't think there could be a better happy Friday post. Congrats to you on
all fronts!

Lynn

Ilse Witch
January 14th 05, 06:50 PM
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:04:09 +0100, Mo wrote:

> Hey, peanut and cashew like to be shaken ;-)?

They are stuck very well :-D

> In the months to come you might want to check out the multiples group
> (alt.parenting.twins-triplets)

Geez, thanks for the tip Mo! Hadn't thought of that, but I will definitely
peek in there.

> Gosh, I'm babbling, aren't I?

Say again? :-P

Next time you tell me what time you plan to check the news, and I will try
to schedule my u/s appointment accordingly, OK? ;-)

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels
(28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
guardian of DH (33)

Ilse Witch
January 14th 05, 06:53 PM
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:01:24 +1300, Cam & Shane wrote:

> PS I hope your nausea has stabilised a little.

It hasn't gotten much worse, although each night I go to pee I feel like
it is worse than the night before. During the day though I am keeping food
down very well as long as I eat in regular intervals, and only eat things
I crave. We have stocked up on buttermilk big time, that works best when I
feel the nausea coming up.

hCG showed another nice rise, and is over 76000 now, so I hope I have had
the worst of it and the nausea will diminish once the hCG stabilizes. That
would give me another 3-4 weeks with it, but I can live with that!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels
(28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
guardian of DH (33)

Jen
January 14th 05, 07:17 PM
That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Kelly
January 14th 05, 07:18 PM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message

> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news.. Good Luck with the job as well..
--
Kelly
Mummy to Emily (12 Aug 01) and Isabella (5 Dec 02)

Marie
January 14th 05, 07:35 PM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Congrats!! And twins, wow. :-D

Marie
Mom to 11-month-old DD

JennP
January 14th 05, 07:38 PM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track.

I am soooo happy for you Ilse. It's so good to hear you so happy.

Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days.

So that means you got pregnant twice then? That's pretty cool!

JennP.

Froggy
January 14th 05, 07:55 PM
Oh My Goodness..... What wonderful news! Ilse, I'm so happy for you. I
know it's a bit early but do you plan on finding out what your having? Of
course I know twins ;) Keep us posted girlie!
--
~Froggy~

"No one can belittle you without your consent."
~Eleanor Roosevelt~

"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

Ilse Witch
January 14th 05, 08:17 PM
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:55:58 +0000, Froggy wrote:

> Oh My Goodness..... What wonderful news! Ilse, I'm so happy for you. I
> know it's a bit early but do you plan on finding out what your having?

Nope, I couldn't care less about the gender. I liked the surprise with DS,
and now I get a double. Only problem is we have to pick four names now, we
had a hard enough time finding a girl and boy name for DS... :-)

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
preggers with twins EDD August'05
guardian of DH (33)

Ilse Witch
January 14th 05, 08:20 PM
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:38:44 -0500, JennP wrote:

> So that means you got pregnant twice then? That's pretty cool!

Yes, that's typically what happens when you have fraternal twins ;-)
Identical or maternal twins are from fertilization of a single egg which
divides into two embryos. Non-identical twins arise from fertilization
of two separate eggs. In my case the double ovulation was induced by
Clomid, but in DH's family fraternal twins actually runs in the family.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
preggers with twins EDD August'05
guardian of DH (33)

Stara Baba
January 14th 05, 08:34 PM
In article >, Ilse Witch
> wrote:

> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce

Why, yes -- yes it is! :-)

> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track.

> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country.

OK, refresh my brain -- where are you? Netherlands?

> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more,

Oh, STOP it! That is SUCH a woman thing -- "I don't deserve this."
Bull****! Unless you're sleeping with the boss, these opportunities
really don't come without good reason. Good looks go only so far. :-)

Jesus said "The rain falls on the just and the unjust alike" (Matthew
5:45), and Stara Baba says, "The sun shines on the just and the unjust
alike: (II Episiotomy 3:4) "-)
> so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck

Well, stop THAT, too! Luck, my butt! I am a VERY strong believer that
you make your own luck! What may seem difficult to some may come easily
to you -- that fact does not negate the value of the skill you possess.
I'll bet you fifty cents that someone with the right background could
sit down and translate all the things that you attribute to luck into
clear business language that business folks understand, even if it's
something like "has an innate ability to quickly analyze the needs of a
situation and determine appropriate action for a successful outcome."
OK, so maybe that's not so clear -- the mucky mucks like it.

I salute you!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 1-4-05 with
Soup and Swiss Steak stories.

Stara Baba
January 14th 05, 08:34 PM
In article >, Ilse Witch
> wrote:

> hCG

What's that?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 1-4-05 with
Soup and Swiss Steak stories.
"Are we going to measure or are we going to cook?"
-Food writer Mimi Sheraton

bRaTtY
January 14th 05, 08:38 PM
Ilse Witch wrote:
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce

omg omg omg
I'm sitting here crying
i am sooooooooo happy for you!

Jill
January 14th 05, 08:54 PM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote

> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more

You DO deserve it, totally and completely! And...yay! I am so happy for you.
I come here just to check in you a lot of the time now!!!

Wishing you all the BEST,
Jill

Ilse Witch
January 14th 05, 09:11 PM
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:34:05 -0600, Stara Baba wrote:

> OK, refresh my brain -- where are you? Netherlands?

No, east coast USA at the moment. Dutch by birth, world citizen by nature.

> Oh, STOP it! That is SUCH a woman thing -- "I don't deserve this."
> Bull****! Unless you're sleeping with the boss, these opportunities
> really don't come without good reason. Good looks go only so far. :-)
>
> Jesus said "The rain falls on the just and the unjust alike" (Matthew
> 5:45), and Stara Baba says, "The sun shines on the just and the unjust
> alike: (II Episiotomy 3:4) "-)

LOL!! I hear you! But I do know quite a few women who have been through so
much more than I have, and I just wish I could share my luck with them.
It's not so much 'not deserving', but ... right, that thing I couldn't
find the right word for the first time around.

>> so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
>
> Well, stop THAT, too! Luck, my butt! I am a VERY strong believer that
> you make your own luck!

In some things I do too, but in other things I don't anymore. Or can't,
rather. Having to deal with the m/c's I had to find a way to accept for
myself that I cannot control everything in my life. The best I can do is
find favourable circumstances, but from there, it's out of my hands.

> "has an innate ability to quickly analyze the needs of a situation and
> determine appropriate action for a successful outcome."

Hehe! That would look very good in my letter of reference if I were to
apply for another job or two ;-) I do have a very analytical mind, it's
why I do science for a living. But even while (or maybe because) I am in
a purely logical world all day, I don't believe we can control it all. It
takes the fun out of it for me, I like surprises. In spite of everything,
I still do.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
preggers with twins EDD August'05
guardian of DH (33)

Ilse Witch
January 14th 05, 09:15 PM
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:34:32 -0600, Stara Baba wrote:

>> hCG
>
> What's that?

Human chorionic gonadotropin, or in easier words: the pregnancy hormone.
Basically, it's the stuff the baby makes to prevent your body from
continuing its monthly cycle. It doubles every 3-4 days (faster in early
pregnancy) and can make you feel horribly sick. Which is why many women
suffer sickness in the first trimester, generally not limited to mornings.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
preggers with twins EDD August'05
guardian of DH (33)

Wildwookie
January 14th 05, 09:22 PM
That is fantastic news.

Denise

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:18:11 -0500, Ilse Witch
> wrote:

>Today is so totally my day!!
>/bounce bounce bounce
>
>The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
>well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
>baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
>consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
>regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
>of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
>Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
>the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
>basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
>mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
>the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
>chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
>the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
>time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
>Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
>I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
>much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
>today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
>for me through all the hard times.

Elana Kehoe
January 14th 05, 09:37 PM
bRaTtY > wrote:

> Ilse Witch wrote:
> > Today is so totally my day!!
> > /bounce bounce bounce
> >

> omg omg omg
> I'm sitting here crying
> i am sooooooooo happy for you!

Me too! Ilse, I can't tell you how happy I am for you.

Now stick like velcro, you two. She's not gonna let you go anywhere!
:-)

just me
January 14th 05, 10:01 PM
Ilse Witch mentioned in passing :

> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had
> grown well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly
> smaller than baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I
> ovulated on two consecutive days. The fertility doc has now
> officially dismissed me to the regular OB/GYN for high-risk
> pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because of my thyroid, but with
> twins it is also standard.

CONGRATULATIONS ILSE!!!!! This is some of the best news I've picked up in
trying to catch up so far!

-Aula

--
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are `It might have been.'
- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

---

Rivka W
January 14th 05, 10:38 PM
Ilse Witch wrote:
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce

What great news! Congratulations!

Here's hoping you have a totally boring pregnancy. ;-)

Rivka
Li'l Critter due 4/3/05

--
Visit my weblog at http://respectfulofotters.blogspot.com

Marc
January 14th 05, 11:22 PM
<snip>

> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
Yayy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
That sounds perfect, to be home in time ...

Marc

Hip Mama
January 14th 05, 11:27 PM
I am so happy for you :)

"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

arachne
January 14th 05, 11:38 PM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.

that is just so fantastic. you *so* deserve it.

lots of stickiness coming your way.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th August 2002

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain." -- Pliny
the Elder (23 AD - 79 AD)

alissa
January 15th 05, 12:39 AM
snippy snip snip

the winner of good news friday.....is Ilse!!!!!
fantastic news.
Alissa

Anne Rogers
January 15th 05, 01:05 AM
woo hoo, yet again it's a Saturday morning and I'm just switching the
computer on to find out your news!

Good Luck

Anne

Stara Baba
January 15th 05, 01:43 AM
In article >, Ilse Witch
> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:34:32 -0600, Stara Baba wrote:
>
> >> hCG
> >
> > What's that?
>
> Human chorionic gonadotropin, or in easier words: the pregnancy hormone.
> Basically, it's the stuff the baby makes to prevent your body from
> continuing its monthly cycle. It doubles every 3-4 days (faster in early
> pregnancy) and can make you feel horribly sick. Which is why many women
> suffer sickness in the first trimester, generally not limited to mornings.

Al right! Very interesting. Thanks.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 1-4-05 with
Soup and Swiss Steak stories.
"Are we going to measure or are we going to cook?"
-Food writer Mimi Sheraton

Carol Ann
January 15th 05, 01:56 AM
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.

Good things happen to good people! I'm so very pleased for
you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing a happy dance!

Carol Ann
http://tinyurl.com/6ejp9 <---- Pictures of Morgan

A&G&K&H
January 15th 05, 01:59 AM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

I'm so happy Ilse! You*SO* deserve every good thing.
August is such a great month to have a baby (or babies) in ;)
:):):) I'm just soooo happy for you :):):)
hugs
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Unadulterated Me
January 15th 05, 02:00 AM
Ilse Witch wrote:

> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more

Don't be daft you so do deserve it!

Andrea

Mamma Mia
January 15th 05, 06:57 AM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.
>
> Then I get to work, and have a message that I have been shortlisted for
> the job that is my first choice! This job would put me right at the best
> basis for a long-term astronomical career in my home country. That doesn't
> mean I will get it, but I know that I stand a good chance now. I would be
> the second woman to a staff of ~30 men, which gives me better than average
> chances. I also told them about my history of m/c's. A risky thing, but
> the application was written in the weeks after my last m/c, which is not a
> time when I am at my best, so I didn't feel I could do much harm.
>
> Wow, my karma has definitely made a change for the better. I am SO happy!
> I don't feel like I deserve it, IMO there are others who deserve it so
> much more, so I feel extremely honored and grateful that I have such luck
> today. And even more so that I can share it with you, who have been there
> for me through all the hard times.
>
> --
> -- I
> mommy to DS (July '02)
> mommy to four tiny angels
> (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
> guardian of DH (33)
> preggers with twins EDD Aug '05!!

wow, so much good news. you deserve it.

christine

Chookie
January 15th 05, 09:34 AM
In article >,
Ilse Witch > wrote:

> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce

All great pieces of news!

Best of luck!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet

Cath
January 15th 05, 05:03 PM
Ilse Witch > wrote:

> Today is so totally my day!!
> /bounce bounce bounce
>
> The u/s this morning showed two babies with two heartbeats. Each had grown
> well and both are right on track. Baby B is still slightly smaller than
> baby A, which would match exactly the fact that I ovulated on two
> consecutive days. The fertility doc has now officially dismissed me to the
> regular OB/GYN for high-risk pregnancies. I had to go there anyway because
> of my thyroid, but with twins it is also standard.

Wow, you did have a good day! Congratulations!!

Cath
Mom to Fenna 1,5 years old
# 2 still in there and due 14th of august 05

laurie
January 16th 05, 03:24 AM
This is such wonderful news. Congrats Ilse!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3.5 years
Christopher, 20 months

Emily
January 16th 05, 04:34 AM
That's astronomical good news Isle! Do you have
a long trip for an on-site interview ahead of you?

Emily
DS 5/2002

emilymr
January 16th 05, 05:41 AM
OK, I'm a bit late here, but I'm SO HAPPY for you, Ilse! :) And am
thinking about you and your babies all the time. :) What's the astronomy
job? I've got a bunch of astro friends from grad school...

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Irene
January 16th 05, 07:26 PM
Woo hoo! I'm so glad to hear about those heartbeats!
Great news about the job, too - I hope it goes your way!

Irene

Ilse Witch
January 18th 05, 07:46 PM
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:41:11 -0500, emilymr wrote:

> What's the astronomy job? I've got a bunch of astro friends from grad
> school...

The job is a postdoc position with ASTRON in the Netherlands, it would be
mainly radio astronomy, as they are launching the newest radio observatory
this year for low frequency observations. A whole new view of the
universe, and I would love to be a part of that. Plus it would be as close
to our family and friends as we could possibly want...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
preggers with twins EDD August'05
guardian of DH (33)

Ilse Witch
January 18th 05, 07:47 PM
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:34:34 -0800, Emily wrote:

> That's astronomical good news Isle! Do you have
> a long trip for an on-site interview ahead of you?

Not really. They know what I do, as I have met a few people that work
there on conferences where I presented my work. However, there is a chance
I have to fly to the UK in february for an interview for yet another
position, I will hear from them next week. From here to the UK is doable.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
preggers with twins EDD August'05
guardian of DH (33)

Emily
January 19th 05, 04:32 AM
Ilse Witch wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:34:34 -0800, Emily wrote:
>

>>That's astronomical good news Isle! Do you have
>>a long trip for an on-site interview ahead of you?
>

> Not really. They know what I do, as I have met a few people that work
> there on conferences where I presented my work. However, there is a chance
> I have to fly to the UK in february for an interview for yet another
> position, I will hear from them next week. From here to the UK is doable.

Good luck with both! It sounds like things are really
taking off for you.

My dept is in the process of hiring this year -- three positions
all together, and I'm on the search committee (chair, in fact)
for two of them. I just landed this job last year, so this
is my first time on this side of the process. Can't say I
like it much better...

Emily
DS 5/02