PDA

View Full Version : Re: I saw my first client last night!

January 27th 05, 12:54 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> And loved every minute of it. It was thrilling. Exciting. Engaging.
> Felt right.. good. I wasn't nervous... I was into it! Whew! What a
> relief. Now I have something to work toward. :-)
>
> 'Kate

Congrats Kate!
I know you will do just fine.

"Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love."
Charles Maurice de Talleyrand 1754-1838 speaking of the perfect cup of coffee.

denanson
January 27th 05, 07:04 PM
"'Kate" < wrote in message

> And loved every minute of it. It was thrilling. Exciting. Engaging.
> Felt right.. good. I wasn't nervous... I was into it! Whew! What a
> relief. Now I have something to work toward. :-)

It's lucky that I know what your talking about! ;-)

Great news, well done!

Dennis,

Tiffany
January 27th 05, 08:27 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> And loved every minute of it. It was thrilling. Exciting. Engaging.
> Felt right.. good. I wasn't nervous... I was into it! Whew! What a
> relief. Now I have something to work toward. :-)
>
> 'Kate

Great! You are going to really excel at this.

CME
January 29th 05, 08:22 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:04:32 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
> wrote:
>

>>"'Kate" < wrote in message
>>
>>> And loved every minute of it. It was thrilling. Exciting. Engaging.
>>> Felt right.. good. I wasn't nervous... I was into it! Whew! What a
>>> relief. Now I have something to work toward. :-)
>>
>>It's lucky that I know what your talking about! ;-)
>
> ROFL... omg that never even entered my mind! I was just so thrilled
> at feeling like I found my place.
>
>>Great news, well done!
>
> Thanks! Now to stop feeling like I want to be done with the classwork
> and get on with the *real* work!
>
> 'Kate

HAHAH we know how dirty Dennis' mind is now, well not that we really had any
doubt.

Christine

CME
January 29th 05, 08:23 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:27:12 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>

>>"'Kate" > wrote in message
>>> And loved every minute of it. It was thrilling. Exciting. Engaging.
>>> Felt right.. good. I wasn't nervous... I was into it! Whew! What a
>>> relief. Now I have something to work toward. :-)
>>>
>>> 'Kate
>>>

>>Great! You are going to really excel at this.

> I wish you'd join us but you'll probably make more money than I.
> Heck, you do already. :-) Smart girl that you are.
>
> 'Kate

I'm going with Dennis' tangent in this post too and omg it's funny.

Christine

Tiffany
February 2nd 05, 03:28 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:27:12 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>

>>"'Kate" > wrote in message
>>> And loved every minute of it. It was thrilling. Exciting. Engaging.
>>> Felt right.. good. I wasn't nervous... I was into it! Whew! What a
>>> relief. Now I have something to work toward. :-)
>>>
>>> 'Kate
>>>

>>Great! You are going to really excel at this.

> I wish you'd join us but you'll probably make more money than I.
> Heck, you do already. :-) Smart girl that you are.
>
> 'Kate

Ahh.... but will I be able to do this in 20 years? lol

I have looked in depth into acupuncture training. 3 years..... very intense
schedule. I really got to think about this before I do it. I still play
around with college though..... then my bf talks about his schedule and I
flinch.

P.Fritz
February 2nd 05, 03:32 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "'Kate" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:27:12 -0500, "Tiffany" >
>> wrote:

>>>Great! You are going to really excel at this.

>> I wish you'd join us but you'll probably make more money than I.
>> Heck, you do already. :-) Smart girl that you are.
>>
>> 'Kate
>>

> Ahh.... but will I be able to do this in 20 years? lol
>
> I have looked in depth into acupuncture training. 3 years..... very
> intense schedule. I really got to think about this before I do it. I still
> play around with college though..... then my bf talks about his schedule
> and I flinch.

So we have gone from 'man you talk on the phone with" to 'BF'
No wonder you haven't been posting lately. LOL

Tiffany
February 4th 05, 01:01 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:28:59 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>
> <on what's next in life?>
>
>>Ahh.... but will I be able to do this in 20 years? lol
>
> No guarantees in any profession. I could go Alzhiemer's and what will
> be 10 years of work will be for nothing.
>
>>I have looked in depth into acupuncture training. 3 years..... very
>>intense
>>schedule. I really got to think about this before I do it. I still play
>>around with college though..... then my bf talks about his schedule and I
>>flinch.
>

> Is that what your bf's doing? Acupuncture school? How's he enjoying
> it?
>
> 'Kate

No.... elementary education. He wants to teach kids..... yes, he is crazy.
lol

Oh and Paul, there hasn't been much to say around here..... I still read
every day. ;)

P.Fritz
February 4th 05, 01:49 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "'Kate" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:28:59 -0500, "Tiffany" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> <on what's next in life?>
>>
>>>Ahh.... but will I be able to do this in 20 years? lol
>>
>> No guarantees in any profession. I could go Alzhiemer's and what will
>> be 10 years of work will be for nothing.
>>
>>>I have looked in depth into acupuncture training. 3 years..... very
>>>intense
>>>schedule. I really got to think about this before I do it. I still play
>>>around with college though..... then my bf talks about his schedule and I
>>>flinch.
>>

>> Is that what your bf's doing? Acupuncture school? How's he enjoying
>> it?
>>
>> 'Kate
>>

> No.... elementary education. He wants to teach kids..... yes, he is crazy.
> lol
>
> Oh and Paul, there hasn't been much to say around here..... I still read
> every day. ;)

Now Tiff......I have never known you to be at a loss for words LOL

Tiffany
February 4th 05, 07:53 PM
"P.Fritz" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>>
>> "'Kate" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:28:59 -0500, "Tiffany" >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> <on what's next in life?>

>>> No guarantees in any profession. I could go Alzhiemer's and what will
>>> be 10 years of work will be for nothing.

>>> Is that what your bf's doing? Acupuncture school? How's he enjoying
>>> it?
>>>
>>> 'Kate
>>>

>> No.... elementary education. He wants to teach kids..... yes, he is
>> crazy. lol
>>
>> Oh and Paul, there hasn't been much to say around here..... I still read
>> every day. ;)
>
> Now Tiff......I have never known you to be at a loss for words LOL

Keeping to my own crazy business. :)

Actually this boyfriend and I..... well, he never seems to be happy with the
amount of time we get together and this issues comes up over and over again
and I am finding it very frustrating. One night he called like 8 times, left
messages and sent texts because he has issues with the fact he feels I don't
make an effort to spend time together. Now when he called a million times, I
was sound asleep and he knows I don't hear the phone ring. When I think the
issue is resolved, it comes up again. Grr. You men are all nuts.

P.Fritz
February 4th 05, 08:21 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "P.Fritz" > wrote in message

>>> No.... elementary education. He wants to teach kids..... yes, he is
>>> crazy. lol
>>>
>>> Oh and Paul, there hasn't been much to say around here..... I still
>>> read every day. ;)
>>
>> Now Tiff......I have never known you to be at a loss for words LOL
>>

> Keeping to my own crazy business. :)
>
> Actually this boyfriend and I..... well, he never seems to be happy with
> the amount of time we get together and this issues comes up over and over
> again and I am finding it very frustrating. One night he called like 8
> times, left messages and sent texts because he has issues with the fact he
> feels I don't make an effort to spend time together. Now when he called a
> million times, I was sound asleep and he knows I don't hear the phone
> ring. When I think the issue is resolved, it comes up again. Grr. You men
> are all nuts.

Hate to say this Tiff........but what you have described should be throwing
up some very red flags.

Tiffany
February 5th 05, 01:46 PM
"P.Fritz" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message

>>> Now Tiff......I have never known you to be at a loss for words LOL
>>>

>> Keeping to my own crazy business. :)
>>
>> Actually this boyfriend and I..... well, he never seems to be happy with
>> the amount of time we get together and this issues comes up over and over
>> again and I am finding it very frustrating. One night he called like 8
>> times, left messages and sent texts because he has issues with the fact
>> he feels I don't make an effort to spend time together. Now when he
>> called a million times, I was sound asleep and he knows I don't hear the
>> phone ring. When I think the issue is resolved, it comes up again. Grr.
>> You men are all nuts.
>
> Hate to say this Tiff........but what you have described should be
> throwing up some very red flags.

I hear what you say, trust me. He says he just really wants to talk and I
use to take the phone to bed with me so we could talk. (Again, with kids and
schedules, sometimes late at night is when we could have extensive chats) I
explain that yes, sometimes I do and did.... .not always. He admits to being
a bit obsessive about things too. I don't feel its a control issue. Maybe I
see it wrong?

Tiffany
February 5th 05, 02:01 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:53:10 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>

>>Keeping to my own crazy business. :)
>
> hehe.. too late! You just spilled yer guts!
>

>>Actually this boyfriend and I..... well, he never seems to be happy with
>>the
>>amount of time we get together and this issues comes up over and over
>>again
>>and I am finding it very frustrating. One night he called like 8 times,
>>left
>>messages and sent texts because he has issues with the fact he feels I
>>don't
>>make an effort to spend time together. Now when he called a million times,
>>was sound asleep and he knows I don't hear the phone ring. When I think
>>the
>>issue is resolved, it comes up again. Grr. You men are all nuts.
>
> So... this sounds like a discussion about communication and meaning.
>
> Tellya a story about a long time ago when I was married. Don't spread
> this around, ok?
>
> :-)
>
> My LH was that kind of guy - once was never enough nor was 10 times
> when it came to <ahem> sex. But... he would tell me afterward that it
> "wasn't enough." What it sounded like to me was that *I* wasn't
> enough. What he meant was that it was so good he didn't want to stop.
> I didn't know that until I told him how inadequate I felt when I
> couldn't satisfy him and he surprised to say the least.
>
> Yeah, I know.. TMI. I hope my kids don't know who I am here.
>
> Anyway... find out what it means when he calls a million times.. what
> you're supposed to understand about that. Men have strange ways of
> showing affection/desire/need sometimes. Maybe he doesn't expect
> anything more but to tell you he thinks of you a billion times a day.
>
> Or... he could be obsessively posessive & controlling.
>
> Question him.
>
> 'Kate
> <still blushing>

LOL.... don't be embarrassed. It was a good example to share to the story.
He says he just want to see me more and more and that it seems I don't want
to see him as much as he wants to see me. He is the type of person who just
thinks he feels things more acutely then everyone else around him, in all
aspects. When he wants to talk, HE WANTS TO TALK. If he doesn't have time,
then that is just fine but why don't I have time for him when HE NEEDS
it??!?!?!? He is an insomniac, I sleep as much as I can. Yes, he is
obsessive. He admits to that. I don't sense any control issues but do wonder
if that is hiding in the background. We are holding off on sex, to be honest
and though I didn't think we had to hold off this long, I am definitely
going to postpone it for a while longer until I see how these things play
out.

The first time he called countless times in the middle of the night,
messages getting more upsetting..... he was filled with sorrow, he was sad.
(Issues related to his son being born with CP) Why wasn't I there for him?!,
Stuff like that. I became sick to my stomach listening to these messages.
(Red flag?) Second and third time, he was upset because of the above reasons
(feeling as though I don't make time for us) Sick feelings in the stomach
again. This last time was mild..... hoping he is learning to control this
urge to be obsessive. Why always the middle of the night though? He knows I
sleep. I think he isn't thinking right..... sleep deprivation and all. I
suggested possible depression but "no-no, I am happier then most people, I
just get sad sometimes."

Your opinions are eye-opening. I haven't really spoke with anyone about this
yet.

P. Fritz
February 5th 05, 02:51 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "P.Fritz" > wrote in message

>>> Keeping to my own crazy business. :)
>>>
>>> Actually this boyfriend and I..... well, he never seems to be happy
with
>>> the amount of time we get together and this issues comes up over and
over
>>> again and I am finding it very frustrating. One night he called like 8
>>> times, left messages and sent texts because he has issues with the
fact
>>> he feels I don't make an effort to spend time together. Now when he
>>> called a million times, I was sound asleep and he knows I don't hear
the
>>> phone ring. When I think the issue is resolved, it comes up again.
Grr.
>>> You men are all nuts.
>>
>> Hate to say this Tiff........but what you have described should be
>> throwing up some very red flags.
>>

> I hear what you say, trust me. He says he just really wants to talk and
> use to take the phone to bed with me so we could talk. (Again, with kids
and
> schedules, sometimes late at night is when we could have extensive
chats) I
> explain that yes, sometimes I do and did.... .not always. He admits to
being
> a bit obsessive about things too. I don't feel its a control issue.
Maybe I
> see it wrong?

Calling eight times in one night because he has issues is a major red flag
to me.......if some one had done that to me.....they would be hitting the
road.......but then, maybe that is why am still single................

P. Fritz
February 5th 05, 02:57 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> [...]
> if that is hiding in the background. We are holding off on sex, to be
honest
> and though I didn't think we had to hold off this long, I am definitely
> going to postpone it for a while longer until I see how these things
play
> out.
>
> The first time he called countless times in the middle of the night,
> messages getting more upsetting..... he was filled with sorrow, he was
sad.
> (Issues related to his son being born with CP) Why wasn't I there for
him?!,
> Stuff like that. I became sick to my stomach listening to these
messages.
> (Red flag?) Second and third time, he was upset because of the above
reasons
> (feeling as though I don't make time for us) Sick feelings in the

Well, go with the gut instinct (okay, that was a bad pun) Calling in
the middle of the night, knowing you are sleeping because he is upset is a
sign that it is 'all about him'

Are you sure his name isn't steveb? (just joking)

>This last time was mild..... hoping he is learning to control this
> urge to be obsessive. Why always the middle of the night though? He
knows I
> sleep. I think he isn't thinking right..... sleep deprivation and all. I
> suggested possible depression but "no-no, I am happier then most people,
> just get sad sometimes."
>
> Your opinions are eye-opening. I haven't really spoke with anyone about
this
> yet.

Tiffany
February 5th 05, 03:10 PM
"P. Fritz" > wrote in message

> [...]
> >
> > The first time he called countless times in the middle of the night,
> > messages getting more upsetting..... he was filled with sorrow, he was
> sad.
> > (Issues related to his son being born with CP) Why wasn't I there for
> him?!,
> > Stuff like that. I became sick to my stomach listening to these
> messages.
> > (Red flag?) Second and third time, he was upset because of the above
> reasons
> > (feeling as though I don't make time for us) Sick feelings in the
> stomach
> > again.
>
> Well, go with the gut instinct (okay, that was a bad pun) Calling in
> the middle of the night, knowing you are sleeping because he is upset is a
> sign that it is 'all about him'
>
> Are you sure his name isn't steveb? (just joking)

Running to bathroom to throw up......

lol

Tiffany
February 5th 05, 03:12 PM
"P. Fritz" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message

> will

> very
> schedule

> enjoying

> still

> LOL

> with
> over
> 8
> fact
> the
> Grr.
> >>
> >> Hate to say this Tiff........but what you have described should be
> >> throwing up some very red flags.
> >>

> > I hear what you say, trust me. He says he just really wants to talk and
> > use to take the phone to bed with me so we could talk. (Again, with
> kids and
> > schedules, sometimes late at night is when we could have extensive
> chats) I
> > explain that yes, sometimes I do and did.... .not always. He admits to
> being
> > a bit obsessive about things too. I don't feel its a control issue.
> Maybe I
> > see it wrong?
>
> Calling eight times in one night because he has issues is a major red
> flag to me.......if some one had done that to me.....they would be hitting
> the road.......but then, maybe that is why am still single................

I am sure that isn't why you are single. Believe me, it has put a damper on
the relationship but I am (like you) very prone to just have someone hit the
road and wonder if lack of compromise (???) is a hindrance in my pursuit of
happiness.

Cele
February 5th 05, 03:40 PM
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:12:42 -0500, "Tiffany" >
wrote:

>> Calling eight times in one night because he has issues is a major red
>> flag to me.......if some one had done that to me.....they would be hitting
>> the road.......but then, maybe that is why am still single................
>>

>I am sure that isn't why you are single. Believe me, it has put a damper on
>the relationship but I am (like you) very prone to just have someone hit the
>road and wonder if lack of compromise (???) is a hindrance in my pursuit of
>happiness.

Compromise is when you both bend a little to achieve a common end
respecting each of your different methods. It's not one person getting
their way.

Be careful, Tiff.

Cele

Cele
February 5th 05, 03:47 PM
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:01:16 -0500, "Tiffany" >
wrote:

> [...]
>
>The first time he called countless times in the middle of the night,
>messages getting more upsetting..... he was filled with sorrow, he was sad.
>(Issues related to his son being born with CP) Why wasn't I there for him?!,
>Stuff like that. I became sick to my stomach listening to these messages.
>(Red flag?) Second and third time, he was upset because of the above reasons
>(feeling as though I don't make time for us) Sick feelings in the stomach
>again. This last time was mild..... hoping he is learning to control this
>urge to be obsessive. Why always the middle of the night though? He knows I
>sleep. I think he isn't thinking right..... sleep deprivation and all. I
>suggested possible depression but "no-no, I am happier then most people, I
>just get sad sometimes."
>
>Your opinions are eye-opening. I haven't really spoke with anyone about this

Tiff, those *are* control issues. If he wanted your love and support,
and was prepared to provide the same to you, he'd respect your need
for sleep unless somebody had just *died*. His kid has had CP for
years - he doesn't need to call you up in the middle of the night,
multiple times. Doing that is likely an attempt to get you to 'prove'
yourself in some way...that is...it's an attempt to control you. Break
you out of your normal patterns (sleeping at night) to prove yourself.

Unfortunately, people who are into that kind of thing tend to never
be satisfied. You do one bit of 'proving' and they raise the
bar...endlessly. They have holes that can't be filled by other people.

Also, people don't learn to control their obsessiveness like they
learn to play piano or speak a language. If he's obsessive now, and
he's trying to court you, he's gonna get *more*, not less, obsessive,
once you have a more permanent relationship...if you do...

He sounds a little on the bipolar side to me, but what do I know?

Cele

P. Fritz
February 6th 05, 01:36 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:01:16 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>

>>LOL.... don't be embarrassed. It was a good example to share to the
story.
>>He says he just want to see me more and more and that it seems I don't
want
>>to see him as much as he wants to see me. He is the type of person who
just
>>thinks he feels things more acutely then everyone else around him, in
all
>>aspects. When he wants to talk, HE WANTS TO TALK. If he doesn't have
time,
>>then that is just fine but why don't I have time for him when HE NEEDS
>>it??!?!?!? He is an insomniac, I sleep as much as I can. Yes, he is
>>obsessive. He admits to that. I don't sense any control issues but do
wonder
>>if that is hiding in the background. We are holding off on sex, to be
honest
>>and though I didn't think we had to hold off this long, I am definitely
>>going to postpone it for a while longer until I see how these things
play
>>out.
>>
>>The first time he called countless times in the middle of the night,
>>messages getting more upsetting..... he was filled with sorrow, he was
sad.
>>(Issues related to his son being born with CP) Why wasn't I there for
him?!,
>>Stuff like that. I became sick to my stomach listening to these
messages.
>>(Red flag?) Second and third time, he was upset because of the above
reasons
>>(feeling as though I don't make time for us) Sick feelings in the
stomach
>>again. This last time was mild..... hoping he is learning to control
this
>>urge to be obsessive. Why always the middle of the night though? He
knows I
>>sleep. I think he isn't thinking right..... sleep deprivation and all. I
>>suggested possible depression but "no-no, I am happier then most people,
>>just get sad sometimes."
>>
>>Your opinions are eye-opening. I haven't really spoke with anyone about
this
>>yet.

> I'm glad you're being careful. Those are all good questions.
>
> I don't like that he makes you feel guilty. Years of that will wear
> on your self esteem.
>
> I hope that he'll talk to a doctor about the insomnia. Maybe that's
> all it is but you won't know until he finds help for it. Sometimes
> anxiety causes insomnia and sometimes insomnia causes anxiety.

I get insomnia sometimes........but I don't start calling people multiple
times in the middle of the night :-)

I leave it to the experts here.........maybe I am just too cynical
anymore, but I see too many red flags there.

> Set limits (like not calling in the middle of the night). If he does
> it again, tell him that you will take the phone off the hook at night.
> If he is unable to respect your limits, then he's not ready for a
> relationship.
>
> 'Kate

Tiffany
February 6th 05, 03:03 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> [...]
>>sleep. I think he isn't thinking right..... sleep deprivation and all. I
>>suggested possible depression but "no-no, I am happier then most people, I
>>just get sad sometimes."
>>
>>Your opinions are eye-opening. I haven't really spoke with anyone about
>>this
>>yet.
>
> Tiff, those *are* control issues. If he wanted your love and support,
> and was prepared to provide the same to you, he'd respect your need
> for sleep unless somebody had just *died*. His kid has had CP for
> years - he doesn't need to call you up in the middle of the night,
> multiple times. Doing that is likely an attempt to get you to 'prove'
> yourself in some way...that is...it's an attempt to control you. Break
> you out of your normal patterns (sleeping at night) to prove yourself.

So when I don't prove myself by answering the phone (and I truly don't hear
the phone ring when I am asleep) he should not want to be with me?!?!? I did
think that too about his kid. But I didn't want to say that and sound
insensitive. I already know I am an insensitive twit.

> Unfortunately, people who are into that kind of thing tend to never
> be satisfied. You do one bit of 'proving' and they raise the
> bar...endlessly. They have holes that can't be filled by other people.

Funny you said that because I said that to him..... that no matter how much
time we get together, he won't be happy. OR he just wants what he knows he
can't have (all this time together).

> Also, people don't learn to control their obsessiveness like they
> learn to play piano or speak a language. If he's obsessive now, and
> he's trying to court you, he's gonna get *more*, not less, obsessive,
> once you have a more permanent relationship...if you do...
>
> He sounds a little on the bipolar side to me, but what do I know?
>
> Cele

You know a bit more about bipolar then me. I thought of it so tell me, are
there different degrees of bipolar because I know some bipolar folks and you
just know they are, no questions asked. I knew if before they told me. If he
is, it isn't obvious to me. I can share more if it would be helpful. I know
to mention it to him, he would be in denial.

Tiffany
February 6th 05, 03:09 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:01:16 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>

>>LOL.... don't be embarrassed. It was a good example to share to the story.
>>He says he just want to see me more and more and that it seems I don't
>>want
>>to see him as much as he wants to see me. He is the type of person who
>>just
>>thinks he feels things more acutely then everyone else around him, in all
>>aspects. When he wants to talk, HE WANTS TO TALK. If he doesn't have time,
>>then that is just fine but why don't I have time for him when HE NEEDS
>>it??!?!?!? He is an insomniac, I sleep as much as I can. Yes, he is
>>obsessive. He admits to that. I don't sense any control issues but do
>>wonder
>>if that is hiding in the background. We are holding off on sex, to be
>>honest
>>and though I didn't think we had to hold off this long, I am definitely
>>going to postpone it for a while longer until I see how these things play
>>out.
>>
>>The first time he called countless times in the middle of the night,
>>messages getting more upsetting..... he was filled with sorrow, he was
>>sad.
>>(Issues related to his son being born with CP) Why wasn't I there for
>>him?!,
>>Stuff like that. I became sick to my stomach listening to these messages.
>>(Red flag?) Second and third time, he was upset because of the above
>>reasons
>>(feeling as though I don't make time for us) Sick feelings in the stomach
>>again. This last time was mild..... hoping he is learning to control this
>>urge to be obsessive. Why always the middle of the night though? He knows
>>sleep. I think he isn't thinking right..... sleep deprivation and all. I
>>suggested possible depression but "no-no, I am happier then most people, I
>>just get sad sometimes."
>>
>>Your opinions are eye-opening. I haven't really spoke with anyone about
>>this
>>yet.

> I'm glad you're being careful. Those are all good questions.
>
> I don't like that he makes you feel guilty. Years of that will wear
> on your self esteem.

No quilt here. If you mean by me saying I felt sick to my stomache........
negative drama, negative emotions, situations, however I could word it.....
that makes me sick. Maybe it reminds me to much of bad relationships in the
past.

> I hope that he'll talk to a doctor about the insomnia. Maybe that's
> all it is but you won't know until he finds help for it. Sometimes
> anxiety causes insomnia and sometimes insomnia causes anxiety.

He has.... doc gives meds. He takes way more then the perscription calls
for. Doctor suggested depression, gave RX for Wellbutrin. He hasn't filled
it. Says he is not depressed. He has anxiety...... definately.

> Set limits (like not calling in the middle of the night). If he does
> it again, tell him that you will take the phone off the hook at night.
> If he is unable to respect your limits, then he's not ready for a
> relationship.
>
> 'Kate

This feels to much like game playing with him. I hate games. But when
confronted with that, he says he is not playing games, just expressing his
feelings. Grr.

Tiffany
February 6th 05, 03:10 AM
"P. Fritz" > wrote in message

> [...]
> >>suggested possible depression but "no-no, I am happier then most
> people, I
> >>just get sad sometimes."
> >>
> >>Your opinions are eye-opening. I haven't really spoke with anyone about
> this
> >>yet.

> > I'm glad you're being careful. Those are all good questions.
> >
> > I don't like that he makes you feel guilty. Years of that will wear
> > on your self esteem.
> >
> > I hope that he'll talk to a doctor about the insomnia. Maybe that's
> > all it is but you won't know until he finds help for it. Sometimes
> > anxiety causes insomnia and sometimes insomnia causes anxiety.
>
> I get insomnia sometimes........but I don't start calling people multiple
> times in the middle of the night :-)
>
> I leave it to the experts here.........maybe I am just too cynical
> anymore, but I see too many red flags there.

If you wanted to, don't call me. lol

Cynical is good, trust me.

> > Set limits (like not calling in the middle of the night). If he does
> > it again, tell him that you will take the phone off the hook at night.
> > If he is unable to respect your limits, then he's not ready for a
> > relationship.
> >
> > 'Kate

Cele
February 6th 05, 07:25 AM
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 22:03:34 -0500, "Tiffany" >
wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:01:16 -0500, "Tiffany" >
>> wrote:

>>>LOL.... don't be embarrassed. It was a good example to share to the story.
>>>He says he just want to see me more and more and that it seems I don't
>>>want
>>>to see him as much as he wants to see me. He is the type of person who
>>>just
>>>thinks he feels things more acutely then everyone else around him, in all
>>>aspects. When he wants to talk, HE WANTS TO TALK. If he doesn't have time,
>>>then that is just fine but why don't I have time for him when HE NEEDS
>>>it??!?!?!? He is an insomniac, I sleep as much as I can. Yes, he is
>>>obsessive. He admits to that. I don't sense any control issues but do
>>>wonder
>>>if that is hiding in the background. We are holding off on sex, to be
>>>honest
>>>and though I didn't think we had to hold off this long, I am definitely
>>>going to postpone it for a while longer until I see how these things play
>>>out.
>>>
>>>The first time he called countless times in the middle of the night,
>>>messages getting more upsetting..... he was filled with sorrow, he was
>>>sad.
>>>(Issues related to his son being born with CP) Why wasn't I there for
>>>him?!,
>>>Stuff like that. I became sick to my stomach listening to these messages.
>>>(Red flag?) Second and third time, he was upset because of the above
>>>reasons
>>>(feeling as though I don't make time for us) Sick feelings in the stomach
>>>again. This last time was mild..... hoping he is learning to control this
>>>urge to be obsessive. Why always the middle of the night though? He knows
>>>sleep. I think he isn't thinking right..... sleep deprivation and all. I
>>>suggested possible depression but "no-no, I am happier then most people, I
>>>just get sad sometimes."
>>>
>>>Your opinions are eye-opening. I haven't really spoke with anyone about
>>>this
>>>yet.
>>
>> Tiff, those *are* control issues. If he wanted your love and support,
>> and was prepared to provide the same to you, he'd respect your need
>> for sleep unless somebody had just *died*. His kid has had CP for
>> years - he doesn't need to call you up in the middle of the night,
>> multiple times. Doing that is likely an attempt to get you to 'prove'
>> yourself in some way...that is...it's an attempt to control you. Break
>> you out of your normal patterns (sleeping at night) to prove yourself.
>
>So when I don't prove myself by answering the phone (and I truly don't hear
>the phone ring when I am asleep) he should not want to be with me?!?!? I did
>think that too about his kid. But I didn't want to say that and sound
>insensitive. I already know I am an insensitive twit.

No. When you don't prove yourself he'll try harder. That's where the
obsessiveness comes in.

I'm not clear on why you think you're an insensitive twit....

>> Unfortunately, people who are into that kind of thing tend to never
>> be satisfied. You do one bit of 'proving' and they raise the
>> bar...endlessly. They have holes that can't be filled by other people.
>
>Funny you said that because I said that to him..... that no matter how much
>time we get together, he won't be happy. OR he just wants what he knows he
>can't have (all this time together).
>

>> Also, people don't learn to control their obsessiveness like they
>> learn to play piano or speak a language. If he's obsessive now, and
>> he's trying to court you, he's gonna get *more*, not less, obsessive,
>> once you have a more permanent relationship...if you do...
>>
>> He sounds a little on the bipolar side to me, but what do I know?
>>
>> Cele
>
>You know a bit more about bipolar then me. I thought of it so tell me, are
>there different degrees of bipolar because I know some bipolar folks and you
>just know they are, no questions asked. I knew if before they told me. If he
>is, it isn't obvious to me. I can share more if it would be helpful. I know
>to mention it to him, he would be in denial.

Yes, there are different degrees of bipolar, and there are different
degrees of treatment in place, and different degrees of success and
response to treatment.

It doesn't matter all that much whether he's bipolar or not. What
matters is whether he's healthy for *you*. Me, I wouldn't want a guy
who thought his feelings of the moment were more important, on a
regular basis, than my basic health, which includes a decent night's
sleep. I think it's excellent that you're declaring your boundaries.
But I think it's just as important that you really examine what, in
this guy, attracts you, because he sounds awfully emotionally
expensive to me. It's one thing to put your all into a guy who gives
his all back to you.This sounds like another thing. Nobody who wakes
you up multiple times a night because he's feeling down is taking your
needs into the amount of consideration I'd certainly want, if it was
me.

Just be careful. Keep your eyes wide open.

Cele

CME
February 7th 05, 01:45 AM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> [...]
> much time we get together, he won't be happy. OR he just wants what he
> knows he can't have (all this time together).
>

>> Also, people don't learn to control their obsessiveness like they
>> learn to play piano or speak a language. If he's obsessive now, and
>> he's trying to court you, he's gonna get *more*, not less, obsessive,
>> once you have a more permanent relationship...if you do...
>>
>> He sounds a little on the bipolar side to me, but what do I know?
>>
>> Cele
>
> You know a bit more about bipolar then me. I thought of it so tell me, are
> there different degrees of bipolar because I know some bipolar folks and
> you just know they are, no questions asked. I knew if before they told me.
> If he is, it isn't obvious to me. I can share more if it would be helpful.
> I know to mention it to him, he would be in denial.

I might be jumping to conclusions but my instincts are screaming and so
should yours. If you're willing to let him treat you like this, then have
at er, but frankly he's too controlling for my tastes.

Christine

CME
February 7th 05, 01:49 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:01:16 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>

>>LOL.... don't be embarrassed. It was a good example to share to the story.
>>He says he just want to see me more and more and that it seems I don't
>>want
>>to see him as much as he wants to see me. He is the type of person who
>>just
>>thinks he feels things more acutely then everyone else around him, in all
>>aspects. When he wants to talk, HE WANTS TO TALK. If he doesn't have time,
>>then that is just fine but why don't I have time for him when HE NEEDS
>>it??!?!?!? He is an insomniac, I sleep as much as I can. Yes, he is
>>obsessive. He admits to that. I don't sense any control issues but do
>>wonder
>>if that is hiding in the background. We are holding off on sex, to be
>>honest
>>and though I didn't think we had to hold off this long, I am definitely
>>going to postpone it for a while longer until I see how these things play
>>out.
>>
>>The first time he called countless times in the middle of the night,
>>messages getting more upsetting..... he was filled with sorrow, he was
>>sad.
>>(Issues related to his son being born with CP) Why wasn't I there for
>>him?!,
>>Stuff like that. I became sick to my stomach listening to these messages.
>>(Red flag?) Second and third time, he was upset because of the above
>>reasons
>>(feeling as though I don't make time for us) Sick feelings in the stomach
>>again. This last time was mild..... hoping he is learning to control this
>>urge to be obsessive. Why always the middle of the night though? He knows
>>sleep. I think he isn't thinking right..... sleep deprivation and all. I
>>suggested possible depression but "no-no, I am happier then most people, I
>>just get sad sometimes."
>>
>>Your opinions are eye-opening. I haven't really spoke with anyone about
>>this
>>yet.

> I'm glad you're being careful. Those are all good questions.
>
> I don't like that he makes you feel guilty. Years of that will wear
> on your self esteem.
>
> I hope that he'll talk to a doctor about the insomnia. Maybe that's
> all it is but you won't know until he finds help for it. Sometimes
> anxiety causes insomnia and sometimes insomnia causes anxiety.
>
> Set limits (like not calling in the middle of the night). If he does
> it again, tell him that you will take the phone off the hook at night.
> If he is unable to respect your limits, then he's not ready for a
> relationship.
>
> 'Kate

I'm appalled that the guy could be so insensitive to phone a single working
mother in the middle of the night. People know, you do not phone me after
midnight unless it's an emergency, meaning it seriously can't wait until the
morning. The gall of some people, sheesh.

Christine

Christine

CME
February 7th 05, 01:50 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 22:09:16 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>
>>This feels to much like game playing with him. I hate games. But when
>>confronted with that, he says he is not playing games, just expressing his
>>feelings. Grr.
>
> Yeah.. probably time to cut him loose. This is too much work.
>
> 'Kate

Seconded.

Christine

Tiffany
February 7th 05, 03:54 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:12:42 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>

>>> Calling eight times in one night because he has issues is a major red
>>> flag to me.......if some one had done that to me.....they would be
>>> hitting
>>> the road.......but then, maybe that is why am still
>>> single................
>>>

>>I am sure that isn't why you are single. Believe me, it has put a damper
>>on
>>the relationship but I am (like you) very prone to just have someone hit
>>the
>>road and wonder if lack of compromise (???) is a hindrance in my pursuit
>>of
>>happiness.
>
> Compromise is when you both bend a little to achieve a common end
> respecting each of your different methods. It's not one person getting
> their way.
>
> Be careful, Tiff.
>
> Cele

Will do. Thanks.

Tiffany
February 7th 05, 03:59 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> [...]
> response to treatment.
>
> It doesn't matter all that much whether he's bipolar or not. What
> matters is whether he's healthy for *you*. Me, I wouldn't want a guy
> who thought his feelings of the moment were more important, on a
> regular basis, than my basic health, which includes a decent night's
> sleep. I think it's excellent that you're declaring your boundaries.
> But I think it's just as important that you really examine what, in
> this guy, attracts you, because he sounds awfully emotionally
> expensive to me. It's one thing to put your all into a guy who gives
> his all back to you.This sounds like another thing. Nobody who wakes
> you up multiple times a night because he's feeling down is taking your
> needs into the amount of consideration I'd certainly want, if it was
> me.
>
> Just be careful. Keep your eyes wide open.

Will do. BTW, he may try to wake me up (yes, I know that is just as bad) but
I sleep through it. I truly can't hear the phone ring while sleeping. I will
add that he says he I needed to talk to him at any time in the night, he
would wake up for me. So one night I was drunk (out with a girlfriend having
fun) and called when I got home at 2am. He didn't wake up. Granted I called
one time. Actually I felt bad for playing that game out but I wanted to see
if he was true to his word. I didn't not however get mad that he was asleep.

These things are not relevant anyways....... I will heed everyone's warnings
with this and appreciate the honest opinions expressed.

Tiffany
February 7th 05, 04:00 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Cele" > wrote in message

>>> Tiff, those *are* control issues. If he wanted your love and support,
>>> and was prepared to provide the same to you, he'd respect your need
>>> for sleep unless somebody had just *died*. His kid has had CP for
>>> years - he doesn't need to call you up in the middle of the night,
>>> multiple times. Doing that is likely an attempt to get you to 'prove'
>>> yourself in some way...that is...it's an attempt to control you. Break
>>> you out of your normal patterns (sleeping at night) to prove yourself.
>>
>> So when I don't prove myself by answering the phone (and I truly don't
>> hear the phone ring when I am asleep) he should not want to be with
>> me?!?!? I did think that too about his kid. But I didn't want to say that
>> and sound insensitive. I already know I am an insensitive twit.
>>

>>> Unfortunately, people who are into that kind of thing tend to never
>>> be satisfied. You do one bit of 'proving' and they raise the
>>> bar...endlessly. They have holes that can't be filled by other people.
>>
>> Funny you said that because I said that to him..... that no matter how
>> much time we get together, he won't be happy. OR he just wants what he
>> knows he can't have (all this time together).
>>

>>> Also, people don't learn to control their obsessiveness like they
>>> learn to play piano or speak a language. If he's obsessive now, and
>>> he's trying to court you, he's gonna get *more*, not less, obsessive,
>>> once you have a more permanent relationship...if you do...
>>>
>>> He sounds a little on the bipolar side to me, but what do I know?
>>>
>>> Cele
>>
>> You know a bit more about bipolar then me. I thought of it so tell me,
>> are there different degrees of bipolar because I know some bipolar folks
>> and you just know they are, no questions asked. I knew if before they
>> told me. If he is, it isn't obvious to me. I can share more if it would
>> be helpful. I know to mention it to him, he would be in denial.

> I might be jumping to conclusions but my instincts are screaming and so
> should yours. If you're willing to let him treat you like this, then have
> at er, but frankly he's too controlling for my tastes.
>
> Christine

So have my instincts so I thought I would get some opinions. Thanks. I just
worry that I throw in the towel to easily, if that makes any sense.

Tiffany
February 7th 05, 04:01 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> [...]
>>
>> I don't like that he makes you feel guilty. Years of that will wear
>> on your self esteem.
>>
>> I hope that he'll talk to a doctor about the insomnia. Maybe that's
>> all it is but you won't know until he finds help for it. Sometimes
>> anxiety causes insomnia and sometimes insomnia causes anxiety.
>>
>> Set limits (like not calling in the middle of the night). If he does
>> it again, tell him that you will take the phone off the hook at night.
>> If he is unable to respect your limits, then he's not ready for a
>> relationship.
>>
>> 'Kate
>
> I'm appalled that the guy could be so insensitive to phone a single
> working mother in the middle of the night. People know, you do not phone
> me after midnight unless it's an emergency, meaning it seriously can't
> wait until the morning. The gall of some people, sheesh.

Midnight? Heck, my friends wouldn't call after 9. :)

So wait a minute.... my friends respect me need for MANY hours of sleep
but....... (yeah, you know where this goes)

denanson
February 7th 05, 04:01 PM
"CME" < wrote in message

> I'm appalled that the guy could be so insensitive to phone a single
> working mother in the middle of the night. People know, you do not phone
> me after midnight unless it's an emergency, meaning it seriously can't
> wait until the morning. The gall of some people, sheesh.

Considering I have only dated working single mothers for the last few years,
I would not dream of phoning them after about 10pm unless by prior
arrangement. If they phoned me late at night I would no longer be dating
them.
I tell them they can phone me anytime in the morning from 06.30 but oddly
enough they never seem to have a need to call me then!

Dennis

Tiffany
February 8th 05, 03:47 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> And loved every minute of it. It was thrilling. Exciting. Engaging.
> Felt right.. good. I wasn't nervous... I was into it! Whew! What a
> relief. Now I have something to work toward. :-)
>
> 'Kate

Are you continuing to see clients now? How is it going?

CME
February 9th 05, 12:12 AM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "CME" < wrote in message
>>
>> I'm appalled that the guy could be so insensitive to phone a single
>> working mother in the middle of the night. People know, you do not phone
>> me after midnight unless it's an emergency, meaning it seriously can't
>> wait until the morning. The gall of some people, sheesh.
>
> Considering I have only dated working single mothers for the last few
> years, I would not dream of phoning them after about 10pm unless by prior
> arrangement. If they phoned me late at night I would no longer be dating
> them.
> I tell them they can phone me anytime in the morning from 06.30 but oddly
> enough they never seem to have a need to call me then!
>
> Dennis

Yeah I'm a nightowl, so before midnight I'm awake, if they called me before
8am though, WOW watch out, heck even my own kids tread lightly in the
morning. lol

Christine

CME
February 9th 05, 12:23 AM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message

>>> So when I don't prove myself by answering the phone (and I truly don't
>>> hear the phone ring when I am asleep) he should not want to be with
>>> me?!?!? I did think that too about his kid. But I didn't want to say
>>> that and sound insensitive. I already know I am an insensitive twit.

>>> Funny you said that because I said that to him..... that no matter how
>>> much time we get together, he won't be happy. OR he just wants what he
>>> knows he can't have (all this time together).

>>> You know a bit more about bipolar then me. I thought of it so tell me,
>>> are there different degrees of bipolar because I know some bipolar folks
>>> and you just know they are, no questions asked. I knew if before they
>>> told me. If he is, it isn't obvious to me. I can share more if it would
>>> be helpful. I know to mention it to him, he would be in denial.

>> I might be jumping to conclusions but my instincts are screaming and so
>> should yours. If you're willing to let him treat you like this, then
>> have at er, but frankly he's too controlling for my tastes.
>>
>> Christine
>>

> So have my instincts so I thought I would get some opinions. Thanks. I
> just worry that I throw in the towel to easily, if that makes any sense.

I worry about that too, but I've learned to be true to myself. It hasn't
failed me yet... then again I'm still single. DRAT.

Christine

Cele
February 9th 05, 06:44 AM
On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:23:59 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

[snip]

>> So have my instincts so I thought I would get some opinions. Thanks. I
>> just worry that I throw in the towel to easily, if that makes any sense.

>I worry about that too, but I've learned to be true to myself. It hasn't
>failed me yet... then again I'm still single. DRAT.

I didn't date at all for 12 1/2 years. Not interested, not looking,
perfectly happy to be single forever. Not a worry in the world WRT
'finding a man'.

But then, 12 1/2 years in, when the right one came along, it was easy.
So far, anyway. My brain just screamed, "Pay attention. This is
important. Time to care about a man - specifically, *this* man."

So personally, I think if you don't feel right about it, it's probably
not right. I didn't even bother to try, I guess because my brain
sifted 'em out of the running before they ever got close, or else,
because the time wasn't right for me, and so my brain kept the door
shut. One thing I've learned, is to trust my instincts. And as for
throwing the towel in too early, I'm thinking, far, far better to
throw it in early than to marry the guy and throw it in way too late,
for both of you.

For whatever any of that's worth.

Cele