PDA

View Full Version : A note of appreciation

A&G&K&H
January 30th 05, 10:46 PM
I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye, Larry,
Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ... and
even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.

I'm not leaving the group or anything, but after feeling under-appreciated
myself lately, I am making a conscious effort to thank others who have
supported and guided me through pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and
general "kid wrangling".

I've learnt so much from all of you and I continue to learn more every day.

....sooo
*Thanks* :)
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Jo
January 31st 05, 12:46 AM
A&G&K&H wrote:
> I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
> support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye, Larry,
> Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ... and
> even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.
>
> I'm not leaving the group or anything, but after feeling under-appreciated
> myself lately, I am making a conscious effort to thank others who have
> supported and guided me through pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and
> general "kid wrangling".
>
> I've learnt so much from all of you and I continue to learn more every day.
>
> ...sooo
> *Thanks* :)
> Amanda
>
> --
> DD 15th August 2002
> 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
> DS 20th August 2004

You are so sweet, Amanda :)

Thankyou.

I am really greatful for all the information sharing that goes on here,
too. I check these newsgroups every morning while eating my breakfast :)

Jo (RM)

Kelly
January 31st 05, 05:34 AM
You are so sweet to post that message. Hope others read it and give *you* a
thank you!

Kelly
#4 2/12/05

"A&G&K&H" > wrote in message
> I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
> support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye,
> Larry,
> Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ...
> and
> even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.
>
> I'm not leaving the group or anything, but after feeling under-appreciated
> myself lately, I am making a conscious effort to thank others who have
> supported and guided me through pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and
> general "kid wrangling".
>
> I've learnt so much from all of you and I continue to learn more every
> day.
>
> ...sooo
> *Thanks* :)
> Amanda
>
> --
> DD 15th August 2002
> 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
> DS 20th August 2004

Todd Gastaldo
January 31st 05, 05:44 AM
Amanda,

I read a lot of posts that I never comment on (I can hear some people saying
"Yay!" - LOL!)

I too am appreciative of the information sharing.

Thanks for mentioning even Todd. : )

Todd

"A&G&K&H" > wrote in message
> I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
> support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye,
> Larry,
> Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ...
> and
> even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.
>
> I'm not leaving the group or anything, but after feeling under-appreciated
> myself lately, I am making a conscious effort to thank others who have
> supported and guided me through pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and
> general "kid wrangling".
>
> I've learnt so much from all of you and I continue to learn more every
> day.
>
> ...sooo
> *Thanks* :)
> Amanda
>
> --
> DD 15th August 2002
> 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
> DS 20th August 2004

Daye
January 31st 05, 05:51 AM
Piggybacking, but I somehow missed the original...

>A&G&K&H wrote:
>> I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
>> support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye, Larry,
>> Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ... and
>> even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.

Thank you for including me in your list! I am glad that I am able to
help in at least some small way.

--
Daye
Mommy to DD3 and DS1

Jenrose
January 31st 05, 06:15 AM
"A&G&K&H" > wrote in message
> I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
> support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye,
> Larry,
> Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ...
> and
> even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.

Awww..thanks!

Jenrose

Wildwookie
January 31st 05, 09:40 AM
Hi Amanda,

I'm probably one of those guilty of not saying enough thankyou's for
the wonderful advice & support I've been given throughout this
pregnancy from everyone in this group.

I don't know how much longer I'll be here before I start using
parenting/breastfeeding groups as I'm now 2 day's past my due date
with no signs of any change.

Thanks to Amanda & everyone in m.k.p. for all your support.

Denise
#1 - 2 days over due

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:46:52 +1000, "A&G&K&H"
> wrote:

>I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
>support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye, Larry,
>Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ... and
>even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.
>
>I'm not leaving the group or anything, but after feeling under-appreciated
>myself lately, I am making a conscious effort to thank others who have
>supported and guided me through pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and
>general "kid wrangling".
>
>I've learnt so much from all of you and I continue to learn more every day.
>
>...sooo
>*Thanks* :)
>Amanda

Ericka Kammerer
January 31st 05, 03:49 PM
A&G&K&H wrote:

> I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
> support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye, Larry,
> Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ... and
> even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.

Awww, you're so sweet to say so. It's reward enough to see
people inform themselves and take control of their situations to get
the births they want.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Melania
January 31st 05, 04:07 PM
Amanda, this is a great idea! I, too, have really appreciated
everyone's advice and support here. I think the welcoming attitude to
newcomers, the huge wealth of collective knowledge, and the great
respect everyone shows each other makes this group incredibly special!

Thanks from me too, to all!
Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

curiousclare
January 31st 05, 05:34 PM
Hi Amanda
I am mainly a lurker but in the spirit of appreciation, I would like to
say that some advice you gave me led to me seeking some medical
treatment that significantly improved my quality of life. Before you
replied to my post, I didn't know the pain I was in was abnormal. I
definitely appreciated the help so thanks.

Clare

Larry McMahan
January 31st 05, 08:31 PM
Hi Amanda (I still think of your as A&G&K&H :-)

Thanks so much for incluing me in you list of helpful people. I
try, but sometimes wonder if I really am, lol. I certainly have
a great deal of respect for the other people in your list and
feel honored to be among them.

Larry

A&G&K&H > writes:
: I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
: support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye, Larry,
: Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ... and
: even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.

: I'm not leaving the group or anything, but after feeling under-appreciated
: myself lately, I am making a conscious effort to thank others who have
: supported and guided me through pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and
: general "kid wrangling".

: I've learnt so much from all of you and I continue to learn more every day.

: ...sooo
: *Thanks* :)
: Amanda

: --
: DD 15th August 2002
: 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
: DS 20th August 2004

Leslie
January 31st 05, 09:47 PM
Thank *you*, Amanda, for mentioning me. I think it's wonderful that
all of us here can help each other by sharing our experience and
knowledge.

Leslie

A&G&K&H
January 31st 05, 10:41 PM
"Daye" > wrote in message
> Piggybacking, but I somehow missed the original...
>
> >A&G&K&H wrote:
> >> I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice
and
> >> support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye,
Larry,
> >> Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen
.... and
> >> even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.
>
> Thank you for including me in your list! I am glad that I am able to
> help in at least some small way.

Daye, by sharing your PND story I've learnt so much and I'm so sure you've
helped many others.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

A&G&K&H
January 31st 05, 10:44 PM
"curiousclare" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi Amanda
> I am mainly a lurker but in the spirit of appreciation, I would like to
> say that some advice you gave me led to me seeking some medical
> treatment that significantly improved my quality of life. Before you
> replied to my post, I didn't know the pain I was in was abnormal. I
> definitely appreciated the help so thanks.
>
> Clare

Wow- I'm so glad to be of help to somebody else and I'm so glad that your
quality of life has improved.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

arachne
February 1st 05, 02:41 AM
"A&G&K&H" > wrote in message
> I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice and
> support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye,
> Larry,
> Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ...
> and
> even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.

you are welcome, but i don't think i've been too helpful for you on this
group.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th August 2002

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain." -- Pliny
the Elder (23 AD - 79 AD)

Cathy
February 1st 05, 04:55 AM
A&G&K&H wrote:
> I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information,
> advice and support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka,
> Elfanie, Daye, Larry, Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie,
> Leslie, New York Jen ... and even Todd ... and I've probably missed
> heaps more.
>
> I'm not leaving the group or anything, but after feeling
> under-appreciated myself lately, I am making a conscious effort to
> thank others who have supported and guided me through pregnancy,
> childbirth, breastfeeding and general "kid wrangling".
>
> I've learnt so much from all of you and I continue to learn more
> every day.
>
> ...sooo
> *Thanks* :)
> Amanda

I would have to second this! I have been going to write a similar thank
you, but yours is so good Amanda, that I thought I'd piggy back. The
information I have received here over 2 pregnancies (one lurking, this time
participating) has been just the best - it seems so much better when it is
from people who have experienced things, rather than getting it from books.

Cathy

A&G&K&H
February 1st 05, 05:52 AM
"arachne" > wrote in message

> "A&G&K&H" > wrote in message
> > I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the information, advice
and
> > support from everyone here on so many issues - Ericka, Elfanie, Daye,
> > Larry,
> > Brigitte, Ilse, Jo, arachne, Jenrose, Chookie, Leslie, New York Jen ...
> > and
> > even Todd ... and I've probably missed heaps more.
>
> you are welcome, but i don't think i've been too helpful for you on this
> group.
Girl - you have you know. You mightn't think so but you have.
Amanda

Ilse Witch
February 1st 05, 08:21 PM
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:46:52 +1000, A&G&K&H wrote:

> I'm not leaving the group or anything, but after feeling under-appreciated
> myself lately, I am making a conscious effort to thank others who have
> supported and guided me through pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and
> general "kid wrangling".

My pleasure Amanda. And don't you forget that you were right there for me
during my hardest time as well. So to counter your feelings: you did a
fantastic job back then, and I am very glad to know that you're always
just one e-mail away!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

arachne
February 1st 05, 09:03 PM
"A&G&K&H" > wrote in message
> Girl - you have you know. You mightn't think so but you have.

i should also say thanks to everyone as well!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th August 2002

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain." -- Pliny
the Elder (23 AD - 79 AD)

Daye
February 1st 05, 09:20 PM
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:41:05 +1000, "A&G&K&H"
> wrote:

>Daye, by sharing your PND story I've learnt so much and I'm so sure you've
>helped many others.

Thank you so much! It means a lot to me to hear that. I am doing my
small part. I hope that no woman on this group goes through what I
did with my PND (PPD for those in the US), but if they do, I want them
to know that they are not alone and there is hope.

Some new things have happened recently with my treatment. I will be
posting an update soon.