PDA

View Full Version : Sunny News Update

Moon Shyne
February 8th 05, 09:18 AM
Part of why I've been missing the first of the month's FAQ has been some rather
significant health issues with my parents - though that seems more under
control, at least for the moment.

The other part was that I was going through a fairly rigorous interviewing
process for a new employment position - so starting Monday, I'm one more rung up
that food chain ladder as a programmer/analyst for one of the largest
corporations in the state. While I'll still be a webmaster, this adds whole new
facets to the position.

I'm psyched.

:-)

Cele
February 9th 05, 06:46 AM
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 03:18:19 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
> wrote:

>Part of why I've been missing the first of the month's FAQ has been some rather
>significant health issues with my parents - though that seems more under
>control, at least for the moment.

I hope so - this 'sandwich generation' stuff is hard sometimes, isn't
it?

>The other part was that I was going through a fairly rigorous interviewing
>process for a new employment position - so starting Monday, I'm one more rung up
>that food chain ladder as a programmer/analyst for one of the largest
>corporations in the state. While I'll still be a webmaster, this adds whole new
>facets to the position.
>
>I'm psyched.
>
>:-)

Hey, congratulations! That's wonderful news. New jobs are so exciting,
and scary, too. :-) All the best to you!

Cele

February 9th 05, 04:12 PM
"Moon Shyne" > wrote in message
> Part of why I've been missing the first of the month's FAQ has been some
rather
> significant health issues with my parents - though that seems more under
> control, at least for the moment.
>
> The other part was that I was going through a fairly rigorous interviewing
> process for a new employment position - so starting Monday, I'm one more
rung up
> that food chain ladder as a programmer/analyst for one of the largest
> corporations in the state. While I'll still be a webmaster, this adds whole
new
> facets to the position.
>
> I'm psyched.
>
> :-)

Cool beans Moon!
::doing the happy dance::

"One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him."
Jeffrey Bernard.

Moon Shyne
February 9th 05, 11:16 PM
"V" > wrote in message

> "Moon Shyne" > wrote in message
> > Part of why I've been missing the first of the month's FAQ has been some
> rather
> > significant health issues with my parents - though that seems more under
> > control, at least for the moment.
> >
> > The other part was that I was going through a fairly rigorous interviewing
> > process for a new employment position - so starting Monday, I'm one more
> rung up
> > that food chain ladder as a programmer/analyst for one of the largest
> > corporations in the state. While I'll still be a webmaster, this adds whole
> new
> > facets to the position.
> >
> > I'm psyched.
> >
> > :-)
> >

> Cool beans Moon!
> ::doing the happy dance::

Thanks for all the good wishes, ladies - tomorrow I have some reconstructive
surgery on my left hand, Friday I can be a lady of leisure, and I start the new
gig with orientation on Monday morning...

> --
> "One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him."
> Jeffrey Bernard.

Moon Shyne
February 13th 05, 01:34 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:16:58 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
> > wrote:
>

> >Thanks for all the good wishes, ladies - tomorrow I have some reconstructive
> >surgery on my left hand, Friday I can be a lady of leisure, and I start the
new
> >gig with orientation on Monday morning...
>
> So.. howya feeling?

Hand is a mess, though getting better, I suppose - fingers way swollen, though
today I can use them a little bit.... no pain killers since Friday to see if
it's manageable (it is, mostly).... 7 outfits picked out for the new job that
will fit over the splint..... stitches come out on the 22nd.

Thanks.....

> 'Kate

Moon Shyne
February 13th 05, 09:28 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:34:27 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
> > wrote:
>

> >"'Kate" > wrote in message
> >> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:16:58 -0600, "Moon Shyne"

> >new
> >>
> >> So.. howya feeling?
> >
> >Hand is a mess, though getting better, I suppose - fingers way swollen,
though
> >today I can use them a little bit.... no pain killers since Friday to see if
> >it's manageable (it is, mostly).... 7 outfits picked out for the new job that
> >will fit over the splint..... stitches come out on the 22nd.
> >
> >Thanks.....
>
> You *are* doing great although I'd imagine that keeping it up above
> heart level and cold compresses every 10 minutes would help.

Bought a 20 pound bag of ice for the ice packs, and keep it propped on 2 pillows
nearly all the time - sleep that way, too - it's turning some really interesting
colors today <G>

And tomorrow, off to the new job - have a shoulder bag for my papers so I don't
have to carry much of anything

> Congrats again on the new job. So exciting! Don't reply unless your
> hand is up to it.
>
> 'Kate

Moon Shyne
February 16th 05, 11:19 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:28:05 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
> > wrote:
>

> >Bought a 20 pound bag of ice for the ice packs, and keep it propped on 2
pillows
> >nearly all the time - sleep that way, too - it's turning some really
interesting
> >colors today <G>
>
> Funny you should say that! I had the same "out of body" experience
> when I had my wrist surgery. Swollen, green, gray, brown, blue... yep.
> Weird, isn't it?
>
> >And tomorrow, off to the new job - have a shoulder bag for my papers so I
don't
> >have to carry much of anything
> >

> Good idea! Hope your first day went fine!

So far, job is way cool - I'm now fully equipped with my new Blackberry (which
my daughter calls a 'crackberry'), my new nifty laptop, my VPN set up - they
reimburse for my monthly parking, and let me expense DSL for the computer - so
I'll be making those arrangements in the next month or so as well......... I
already have 3 projects going, and approval for 2 on-line classes!

By now, I just want to rip off this stupid splint though - my fingers are sort
of purple, though no longer swollen, and the novelty has worn off - not to
mention I'm runnng out of blazers that fit over my hand/wrist...... <sigh>

But hey, ya shoulda seen the other guy! (that's my story and I'm sticking with
it)

:-)

> 'Kate

February 17th 05, 01:12 AM
"Moon Shyne" > wrote in message

> "'Kate" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:28:05 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
> > > wrote:
> >

> > >Bought a 20 pound bag of ice for the ice packs, and keep it propped on 2
> pillows
> > >nearly all the time - sleep that way, too - it's turning some really
> interesting
> > >colors today <G>
> >
> > Funny you should say that! I had the same "out of body" experience
> > when I had my wrist surgery. Swollen, green, gray, brown, blue... yep.
> > Weird, isn't it?
> >
> > >And tomorrow, off to the new job - have a shoulder bag for my papers so I
> don't
> > >have to carry much of anything
> > >

> > Good idea! Hope your first day went fine!
>
> So far, job is way cool - I'm now fully equipped with my new Blackberry
(which
> my daughter calls a 'crackberry'), my new nifty laptop, my VPN set up - they
> reimburse for my monthly parking, and let me expense DSL for the computer -
so
> I'll be making those arrangements in the next month or so as well......... I
> already have 3 projects going, and approval for 2 on-line classes!
>
> By now, I just want to rip off this stupid splint though - my fingers are
sort
> of purple, though no longer swollen, and the novelty has worn off - not to
> mention I'm runnng out of blazers that fit over my hand/wrist...... <sigh>
>
> But hey, ya shoulda seen the other guy! (that's my story and I'm sticking
with
> it)
>
> :-)
>

> > 'Kate

Whooo..
sounds cushy.....fluffy job.....hiring?

Dysfunctional people are prepared for anything. Hey, once you've driven your
drunk father to Mom's parole hearing, what else is there?

Moon Shyne
February 17th 05, 10:45 AM
"V" > wrote in message

> "Moon Shyne" > wrote in message
> >
> > "'Kate" > wrote in message
> > > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:28:05 -0600, "Moon Shyne"

> > pillows
> > interesting
> > >
> > > Funny you should say that! I had the same "out of body" experience
> > > when I had my wrist surgery. Swollen, green, gray, brown, blue... yep.
> > > Weird, isn't it?

> > don't
> > > >

> > > Good idea! Hope your first day went fine!
> >
> > So far, job is way cool - I'm now fully equipped with my new Blackberry
> (which
> > my daughter calls a 'crackberry'), my new nifty laptop, my VPN set up - they
> > reimburse for my monthly parking, and let me expense DSL for the computer -
> so
> > I'll be making those arrangements in the next month or so as well......... I
> > already have 3 projects going, and approval for 2 on-line classes!
> >
> > By now, I just want to rip off this stupid splint though - my fingers are
> sort
> > of purple, though no longer swollen, and the novelty has worn off - not to
> > mention I'm runnng out of blazers that fit over my hand/wrist...... <sigh>
> >
> > But hey, ya shoulda seen the other guy! (that's my story and I'm sticking
> with
> > it)
> >
> > :-)
> >

> > > 'Kate
> > >

> Whooo..
> sounds cushy.....fluffy job.....hiring?

Actually, they're always looking for referrals - what kind of work do you do?
<G>

> --
> Dysfunctional people are prepared for anything. Hey, once you've driven your
> drunk father to Mom's parole hearing, what else is there?

Moon Shyne
February 17th 05, 10:49 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:19:41 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
> > wrote:
>

> >So far, job is way cool - I'm now fully equipped with my new Blackberry
(which
> >my daughter calls a 'crackberry'), my new nifty laptop, my VPN set up - they
> >reimburse for my monthly parking, and let me expense DSL for the computer -
so
> >I'll be making those arrangements in the next month or so as well......... I
> >already have 3 projects going, and approval for 2 on-line classes!
>
> Now I'm jealous. I want a laptop! I promised myself one for grad
> school but I can't bring myself to part with the money. <sigh> I'm so
> cheap.

Well........ my kids got laptops for Xmas, my brother out-law built them for the
kids....... so I was kind of jealous too until Tuesday....... and I found out
yesterday that once we get cabled for the 'puters, they can be on line at the
same time I am, so there's no more arguing about computer time...... think I'm
going to go wireless, so everyone can be in their own space

> >By now, I just want to rip off this stupid splint though - my fingers are
sort
> >of purple, though no longer swollen, and the novelty has worn off - not to
> >mention I'm runnng out of blazers that fit over my hand/wrist...... <sigh>
> >
> >But hey, ya shoulda seen the other guy! (that's my story and I'm sticking
with
> >it)
> >
> >:-)
>
> I won't argue! Especially 'cause it could be true! :-)
>
> You can always open a seam on a jacket and sew it up again later.

I suppose.... my stepmom sent me some really nice trousers and jackets, I'd hate
to chance messing 'em up.... I'm just impatient to get this splint off - it's
only been a week today, though it feels like eons..... next Tuesday the stitches
come out, so I'm guessing the splint will be gone, too (I hope)

> 'Kate

February 17th 05, 03:02 PM
"Moon Shyne" > wrote in message

> "V" > wrote in message

> > > pillows
> > > interesting

> > > don't

> > > So far, job is way cool - I'm now fully equipped with my new Blackberry
> > (which
> > > my daughter calls a 'crackberry'), my new nifty laptop, my VPN set up -
they
> > > reimburse for my monthly parking, and let me expense DSL for the
computer -
> > so
> > > I'll be making those arrangements in the next month or so as
well......... I
> > > already have 3 projects going, and approval for 2 on-line classes!
> > >
> > > By now, I just want to rip off this stupid splint though - my fingers
are
> > sort
> > > of purple, though no longer swollen, and the novelty has worn off - not
> > > mention I'm runnng out of blazers that fit over my hand/wrist......
<sigh>

> > > But hey, ya shoulda seen the other guy! (that's my story and I'm
sticking
> > with
> > > it)
> > >
> > > :-)

> > Whooo..
> > sounds cushy.....fluffy job.....hiring?
>
> Actually, they're always looking for referrals - what kind of work do you
do?
> <G>

> > --
> > Dysfunctional people are prepared for anything. Hey, once you've driven
your
> > drunk father to Mom's parole hearing, what else is there?

I quit working for rural law enforcement agency, to finish
college....currently I substitute teach , but still do advocacy work with
abused/sexually assaulted women.
I am one year from BA Criminal Justice, then another year of the masters
program, then on to law school, p/t , of course, and when the kids are a bit
older......

"I have learned silence from the talkative; tolerance from the intolerant
and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers"
Kahilil Gibran

Moon Shyne
February 17th 05, 11:44 PM
"V" > wrote in message

> "Moon Shyne" > wrote in message

> on 2

> so I

> > > (which
> they
> computer -
> > > so
> well......... I

> are
> > > sort
> <sigh>

> sticking
> > > with

> > > Whooo..
> > > sounds cushy.....fluffy job.....hiring?
> >
> > Actually, they're always looking for referrals - what kind of work do you
> do?
> > <G>

> > > --
> > > Dysfunctional people are prepared for anything. Hey, once you've driven
> your
> > > drunk father to Mom's parole hearing, what else is there?
> > >

> I quit working for rural law enforcement agency, to finish
> college....currently I substitute teach , but still do advocacy work with
> abused/sexually assaulted women.
> I am one year from BA Criminal Justice, then another year of the masters
> program, then on to law school, p/t , of course, and when the kids are a bit
> older......

Lotta hard work, you should be proud of yourself! I'm in a whole 'nother
industry though, so can't say that there's much to offer you - I'll keep an eye
on postings though...

> --
> "I have learned silence from the talkative; tolerance from the intolerant
> and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers"
> Kahilil Gibran

Alex Nemeth
February 20th 05, 04:11 AM
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:02:18 GMT, "V" > wrote:

>"Moon Shyne" > wrote in message

>on 2

I sometimes consider myself lucky

>so I

>> > (which
>they
>computer -
>> > so
>well......... I

Now I'm jealous. Although I should have my own personal VPN tunnel at
home soon ( as soon as I get my server up )

>are
>> > sort
><sigh>

>sticking
>> > with

Remind me not to get on your bad side :-)

>> > Whooo..
>> > sounds cushy.....fluffy job.....hiring?
>>
>> Actually, they're always looking for referrals - what kind of work do you
>do?
>> <G>

Front Line Computer Support ( Hardware, Software, Networking ) ,
Classroom Technolgies Support & Training, Video Conference system
Support & training

Now if I could only remember which part of the world your in :-(

Alex

>> > --
>> > Dysfunctional people are prepared for anything. Hey, once you've driven
>your
>> > drunk father to Mom's parole hearing, what else is there?
>> >

>I quit working for rural law enforcement agency, to finish
>college....currently I substitute teach , but still do advocacy work with
>abused/sexually assaulted women.
>I am one year from BA Criminal Justice, then another year of the masters
>program, then on to law school, p/t , of course, and when the kids are a bit
>older......

Moon Shyne
February 20th 05, 10:25 AM
"Alex Nemeth" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:02:18 GMT, "V" > wrote:

> >on 2

yep.

> I sometimes consider myself lucky

> >so I

> >they
> >computer -
> >well......... I
> >> > >

> Now I'm jealous. Although I should have my own personal VPN tunnel at
> home soon ( as soon as I get my server up )

> >are
> ><sigh>

> >sticking

> Remind me not to get on your bad side :-)

> >> Actually, they're always looking for referrals - what kind of work do you
> >do?
> >> <G>
> >>

> Front Line Computer Support ( Hardware, Software, Networking ) ,
> Classroom Technolgies Support & Training, Video Conference system
> Support & training
>
> Now if I could only remember which part of the world your in :-(

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (that's where my job is, anyway)

> Alex

> >your
> >> >

> >I quit working for rural law enforcement agency, to finish
> >college....currently I substitute teach , but still do advocacy work with
> >abused/sexually assaulted women.
> >I am one year from BA Criminal Justice, then another year of the masters
> >program, then on to law school, p/t , of course, and when the kids are a bit
> >older......

Moon Shyne
February 22nd 05, 01:10 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 04:49:14 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
> > wrote:
>

> >.... I'm just impatient to get this splint off - it's
> >only been a week today, though it feels like eons..... next Tuesday the
stitches
> >come out, so I'm guessing the splint will be gone, too (I hope)
>
> My thoughts are with you... sleeping with a splint is a pain in the
> ass. I hope you're managing.
>
> I didn't ask what this was for... carpal tunnel?

No such luck - about 10 years ago, I whacked the back of my hand into a sharp
corner - and it was during a marriage where any illness was considered a major
inconvenience, so I never had it looked at. Turns out that I fractured 2
metacarpel (pointer and middle fingers), and they didn't heal right. Fast
forward to January when I slipped and hyper extended the wrist, and aggrevated
the whole thing, and after x-rays and some other funky tests, it was determined
that I had a mass that had developed over the bone overgrowth when the bones
kept trying to heal right over the years...... so the mass is gone, and they
removed the overgrowth of bone, essentially fracturing them again, but so that
they will heal properly - no cast, just a splint - and tomorrow is the end of
the stitches, thankfully........

Still a bit stiff, and the grip is dodgy at best...... but every day it gets
better...... and I can type again, which makes my job a bit easier.

Thanks for asking, and for all the thoughts :-)

> 'Kate

Alex Nemeth
February 22nd 05, 02:22 AM
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 04:25:25 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
> wrote:

>"Alex Nemeth" > wrote in message

>> >on 2

>yep.
>> >> > > >

>> I sometimes consider myself lucky

>> >so I

>> >they
>> >computer -
>> >well......... I
>> >> > >

>> Now I'm jealous. Although I should have my own personal VPN tunnel at
>> home soon ( as soon as I get my server up )

>> >are
>> ><sigh>

>> >sticking

>> Remind me not to get on your bad side :-)

>> >do?
>> >>

>> Front Line Computer Support ( Hardware, Software, Networking ) ,
>> Classroom Technolgies Support & Training, Video Conference system
>> Support & training
>>
>> Now if I could only remember which part of the world your in :-(
>
>Milwaukee, Wisconsin (that's where my job is, anyway)

Kewl.... A friend of mine here at good ol'e CU used to live near
there. Turned me on to good Micro-Brewery "The New Glarus Brewing Co.
" My favorite is the "Spotted Cow Ale" Brings me back a case
whenever she visits home ( and drives ) If she flys, then I have to
suffer :-)