PDA

View Full Version : So, Hi!

xkatx
February 15th 05, 03:13 PM
Hey, all!
How's everyone been?
As usual, I disappeared, but when I finally came back, it was great to see
the seniors (heh, sorry everyone! ;) lol), as well as a few new names
around.
Around here, nothing's changed - much, anyways.
We all went down to my parents' place last night, where my aunt and uncle
stopped by for a bit as well, and B handed out all his Valentines. He
enjoyed all the candy and junk he received, but I was happy that when I had
said enough was enough, no one fought me or told me he should have more
(like it used to be when I tried to say something)
B's birthday went along just fine a couple weeks ago, and he now insists on
writing the number 4 everywhere, since that's how old he is. It's funny, I
guess.
My parents now know there's going to be another one, and surprisingly, they
didn't totally freak out. A girl my aunt works with saw us at a doc's
appointment a week ago, and that's basically how everyone found out. I'm
actually happier things happened the way they did because there really was
no freaking out, yelling and screaming. I have an ultra sound next week,
and that should be interesting.
We're in the process of saving up money to move. I really can't wait to get
out of here. I could use the extra room, as well as the freedom of not
having Norm's mom live right next door. The stress right there is so much,
and we started looking at some houses.
I've also decided to become a foster home! No, not for children. I don't
think that would be much fun. ;) There's a program here that is a
non-profit animal rescue society. They are in need of homes that are
willing and able to become "foster families" to stray dogs that are awaiting
adoption into a new, stable home, and since, for a while, I've so badly
wanted a dog, I'm thinking this is just so much easier. They provide all
the food, medication, if needed, and basically everything the dog needs, you
just provide the home and time and love the dog needs until it gets adopted.
I dunno. I can't really see much negative in this, since it really won't
cost me a dime out of my pocket for a dog, and there's no real long term
commitment, since the animal can stay only a few days, or sometimes as long
as a couple weeks or months.
I was thinking, at first, that B might get attached to a dog, but he has his
kitten (the only feline we have left and I'm willing to keep!!) that seems
to take up all his love and attention, as far as animals go. I'm actually
scared I will be the one who will get attached more than anyone...lol
Anyways, I think everything's been going well so far. Aside from being so
damn tired all the time and feeling a big sick every now and then, things
have been fine!
Anything new around here with everyone else?

~kat

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

xkatx
February 16th 05, 05:45 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:13:38 GMT, "xkatx" >
> wrote:
>
>>Hey, all!
>>How's everyone been?
>>As usual, I disappeared, but when I finally came back, it was great to see
>>the seniors (heh, sorry everyone! ;) lol), as well as a few new names
>>around.
>>Around here, nothing's changed - much, anyways.
>>We all went down to my parents' place last night, where my aunt and uncle
>>stopped by for a bit as well, and B handed out all his Valentines. He
>>enjoyed all the candy and junk he received, but I was happy that when I
>>had
>>said enough was enough, no one fought me or told me he should have more
>>(like it used to be when I tried to say something)
>>B's birthday went along just fine a couple weeks ago, and he now insists
>>on
>>writing the number 4 everywhere, since that's how old he is. It's funny,
>>guess.
>>My parents now know there's going to be another one, and surprisingly,
>>they
>>didn't totally freak out. A girl my aunt works with saw us at a doc's
>>appointment a week ago, and that's basically how everyone found out. I'm
>>actually happier things happened the way they did because there really was
>>no freaking out, yelling and screaming. I have an ultra sound next week,
>>and that should be interesting.
>>We're in the process of saving up money to move. I really can't wait to
>>get
>>out of here. I could use the extra room, as well as the freedom of not
>>having Norm's mom live right next door. The stress right there is so
>>much,
>>and we started looking at some houses.
>>I've also decided to become a foster home! No, not for children. I don't
>>think that would be much fun. ;) There's a program here that is a
>>non-profit animal rescue society. They are in need of homes that are
>>willing and able to become "foster families" to stray dogs that are
>>awaiting
>>adoption into a new, stable home, and since, for a while, I've so badly
>>wanted a dog, I'm thinking this is just so much easier. They provide all
>>the food, medication, if needed, and basically everything the dog needs,
>>you
>>just provide the home and time and love the dog needs until it gets
>>adopted.
>>I dunno. I can't really see much negative in this, since it really won't
>>cost me a dime out of my pocket for a dog, and there's no real long term
>>commitment, since the animal can stay only a few days, or sometimes as
>>long
>>as a couple weeks or months.
>
> I know someone who does that! She loves it. She keeps the dogs until
> they're 6 months old (old enough to fix).

I've really been considering for quite some time. I've always had cats,
since they're fairly low maintenance (compared to a dog that does need
walking all the time, can't be left alone all day, etc.) and it's way easier
to keep a cat indoors (apartments, townhouse, etc) than it is a dog. My mom
works with this guy I went to school with's dad, and his dad, who lives
alone out of the city, was looking for a cat, and he was willing to take all
3 of my adult cats. I really do hate the thought of parting with them, but
knowing that it would be a huge burden off my back and less money all the
time for the cats to go to someone who is a senior that lives alone and has
all the time in the world for them makes it easier. All these cats I've
ended up with are just way too much.
These dogs that are fostered in your own home are completely covered as far
as costs go, so I figured it would be easier to just give the love and time,
rather than all that plus the money it takes for a dog. I also gave Norm
the 'reason' that it would get me out of the house to go for walks and all
that, and it could definitely be something we could all do together on a
regular basis. He liked that idea, and the fact that it would be no cost.
:D
The friend I heard this from says she loves doing it, and without the
commitment and everything I've said before, and repeated just now, I don't
see how it can go wrong.

>>I was thinking, at first, that B might get attached to a dog, but he has
>>his
>>kitten (the only feline we have left and I'm willing to keep!!) that seems
>>to take up all his love and attention, as far as animals go. I'm actually
>>scared I will be the one who will get attached more than anyone...lol
>>Anyways, I think everything's been going well so far. Aside from being so
>>damn tired all the time and feeling a big sick every now and then, things
>>have been fine!
>>Anything new around here with everyone else?
>>
>>~kat
>
> Doing good! I'm glad you told your folks about the baby. That was
> some big secret, wasn't it? I hope you're feeling ok. Take good care
> of you and the baby.. take your vitamins Ms. Grilled Cheese special!
>
> 'Kate

Yea, they finally found out. I feel like this weight has been lifted off me
and I can finally breathe! It just kind of disappoints me that no one
really seems to be as happy about it as we are. I've kind of been keeping
this happiness to myself around family, and it kind of hurt when the only
one who actually seemed happy and said congrats was my auntie in another
province that I talked to online all the time.

Earlier today when I took B to my auntie's work, he told her that he wanted
a sister. She asked him how he knew it was even a sister, and asked him if
a brother was alright. He kept insisting he wanted a sister, but a brother
would be alright and he said he wouldn't feed it beer. (We had a
conversation from the daycare to aunt's work about how only grandpa is
allowed to have a bit of beer if he wants and B said he didn't want any beer
or coffee, but he asked me if I wanted beer and I told him I can't drink
beer because it's gross and babies don't like beer) I nearly busted a gut
laughing right in the middle of my aunt's work, but I was just barely able
to contain myself.

But yes, anyways, I have to go for some more of those tests... First it was
the blood tests of some sort that I was sent for that I had a month to get
over with, and I had waited until 1 week before my next appointment with the
doc to get done... Now this other test, I believe it's for something like
Down's Syndrome? I was supposed to go on or around Feb 13, and it's already
the end of Feb 15 :( Something about blood tests really bothers me. lol
Vitamins, yes. And since I was feeling about as hungry as, well, something
that isn't hungry, at supper, I think just one grilled cheese sandwich
sounds real good right now.
~Ms. Grilled Cheese Anytime

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.