PDA

View Full Version : Sibling predicting gender - experience?

Mary W.
February 24th 05, 08:15 PM
A friend of mine just had a baby yesterday and her experience with
her older son (N.) got me wondering. Her son (3.5 years) has
been insisiting from the beginning that the baby was a girl and that her
name was Elizabeth. (He also insisted she was going to have a baby
before she knew she was pregnant). Well, baby was born yesterday
and, sure enough, a girl. They named her Elizabeth.

This reminded me of a neighbor a few years ago. Her son (also around
3 at the time), insisted that, in her second pregnancy, they were
having a girl and her name was Karen. Sure enough, a girl and they
named her Karen.

Both moms didn't have a strong preference for a girl name and since
thier boys had referred to the baby by these names throughout the
pregnancies, they both ended up choosing the names for the girls.

Now, during my second pregnancy, my DD1 didn't express any intuition
or preference for the baby's gender. Sometimes she was having a baby
brother, sometimes a baby sister. DD2 was a girl.

I just thought it was kind of neat that in the two cases I know of
where the sibling had a very strong conviction of the baby's sex,
they were right. Anybody else?

Mary W.

Plissken
February 24th 05, 08:29 PM
Mary W. > wrote in message
> A friend of mine just had a baby yesterday and her experience with
> her older son (N.) got me wondering. Her son (3.5 years) has
> been insisiting from the beginning that the baby was a girl and that her
> name was Elizabeth. (He also insisted she was going to have a baby
> before she knew she was pregnant). Well, baby was born yesterday
> and, sure enough, a girl. They named her Elizabeth.
>
> This reminded me of a neighbor a few years ago. Her son (also around
> 3 at the time), insisted that, in her second pregnancy, they were
> having a girl and her name was Karen. Sure enough, a girl and they
> named her Karen.
>
> Both moms didn't have a strong preference for a girl name and since
> thier boys had referred to the baby by these names throughout the
> pregnancies, they both ended up choosing the names for the girls.
>
> Now, during my second pregnancy, my DD1 didn't express any intuition
> or preference for the baby's gender. Sometimes she was having a baby
> brother, sometimes a baby sister. DD2 was a girl.
>
> I just thought it was kind of neat that in the two cases I know of
> where the sibling had a very strong conviction of the baby's sex,
> they were right. Anybody else?

I'll find out within the next 2 weeks or so! I have a feeling this baby is
another girl but DD (21 months), when asked "are you having a brother or a
sister?" has never said anything but "baby brudder!". It'll be interesting
to see who is right!

SuperEeyore
February 24th 05, 08:30 PM
Mary W. wrote:
> I just thought it was kind of neat that in the two cases I know of
> where the sibling had a very strong conviction of the baby's sex,
> they were right. Anybody else?

I was in jr. high when my step-mom was pregnant. I told her that she was
having a girl only because God wouldn't torture me with two brothers. The
amnio results a few weeks later showed I was right.

Juliet told me the week before I tested positive that she had a sister named
Sarah, but we on't know the gender for sure yet.

Laurel
--
Birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02

Leslie
February 24th 05, 08:45 PM
William always insisted he was having a little sister.

Leslie

Robin T.
February 24th 05, 08:48 PM
Mary W. wrote:
> I just thought it was kind of neat that in the two cases I know of
> where the sibling had a very strong conviction of the baby's sex,
> they were right. Anybody else?
>
> Mary W.

My 3.5 year old (at the time) daughter was sure I was having a girl, because
"boys are weird!" She was right. Although we did not use her preferred
name, which at the time was "Thomas".

Robin T.
dd#1, 12/25/00
dd#2, 10/05/04

Mamma Mia
February 24th 05, 09:27 PM
my ds1 got it wrong siwth ds 3

"Mary W." > wrote in message
>A friend of mine just had a baby yesterday and her experience with
> her older son (N.) got me wondering. Her son (3.5 years) has
> been insisiting from the beginning that the baby was a girl and that her
> name was Elizabeth. (He also insisted she was going to have a baby
> before she knew she was pregnant). Well, baby was born yesterday
> and, sure enough, a girl. They named her Elizabeth.
>
> This reminded me of a neighbor a few years ago. Her son (also around
> 3 at the time), insisted that, in her second pregnancy, they were
> having a girl and her name was Karen. Sure enough, a girl and they
> named her Karen.
>
> Both moms didn't have a strong preference for a girl name and since
> thier boys had referred to the baby by these names throughout the
> pregnancies, they both ended up choosing the names for the girls.
>
> Now, during my second pregnancy, my DD1 didn't express any intuition
> or preference for the baby's gender. Sometimes she was having a baby
> brother, sometimes a baby sister. DD2 was a girl.
>
> I just thought it was kind of neat that in the two cases I know of
> where the sibling had a very strong conviction of the baby's sex,
> they were right. Anybody else?
>
> Mary W.

Cheryl
February 24th 05, 10:59 PM
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:15:19 -0500, "Mary W."
> wrote:

>A friend of mine just had a baby yesterday and her experience with
>her older son (N.) got me wondering. Her son (3.5 years) has
>been insisiting from the beginning that the baby was a girl and that her
>name was Elizabeth. (He also insisted she was going to have a baby
>before she knew she was pregnant). Well, baby was born yesterday
>and, sure enough, a girl. They named her Elizabeth.
>
>This reminded me of a neighbor a few years ago. Her son (also around
>3 at the time), insisted that, in her second pregnancy, they were
>having a girl and her name was Karen. Sure enough, a girl and they
>named her Karen.
>
>Both moms didn't have a strong preference for a girl name and since
>thier boys had referred to the baby by these names throughout the
>pregnancies, they both ended up choosing the names for the girls.
>
>Now, during my second pregnancy, my DD1 didn't express any intuition
>or preference for the baby's gender. Sometimes she was having a baby
>brother, sometimes a baby sister. DD2 was a girl.
>
>I just thought it was kind of neat that in the two cases I know of
>where the sibling had a very strong conviction of the baby's sex,
>they were right. Anybody else?

My oldest son told me that he was getting a baby sister when I was
pregnant with #3. He was right, even though no-one knew at the time.
He didn't have any name preferences though.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)

CY
February 25th 05, 07:20 AM
My DD (who was 2.5 when we found out we were pregnant), told us it was a
boy, and according to u/s it is! We'd already picked out the name, so she
refers to him as that anyway, so that doesn't count!
"Mary W." > wrote in message
> A friend of mine just had a baby yesterday and her experience with
> her older son (N.) got me wondering. Her son (3.5 years) has
> been insisiting from the beginning that the baby was a girl and that her
> name was Elizabeth. (He also insisted she was going to have a baby
> before she knew she was pregnant). Well, baby was born yesterday
> and, sure enough, a girl. They named her Elizabeth.
>
> This reminded me of a neighbor a few years ago. Her son (also around
> 3 at the time), insisted that, in her second pregnancy, they were
> having a girl and her name was Karen. Sure enough, a girl and they
> named her Karen.
>
> Both moms didn't have a strong preference for a girl name and since
> thier boys had referred to the baby by these names throughout the
> pregnancies, they both ended up choosing the names for the girls.
>
> Now, during my second pregnancy, my DD1 didn't express any intuition
> or preference for the baby's gender. Sometimes she was having a baby
> brother, sometimes a baby sister. DD2 was a girl.
>
> I just thought it was kind of neat that in the two cases I know of
> where the sibling had a very strong conviction of the baby's sex,
> they were right. Anybody else?
>
> Mary W.

Joybelle
February 25th 05, 11:08 PM
"Mary W." > wrote in message

> I just thought it was kind of neat that in the two cases I know of
> where the sibling had a very strong conviction of the baby's sex,
> they were right. Anybody else?

Well, my dd1 was pretty adament when I was pregnant with my second that it
was a boy and his name was Adam. It ended up being a she which we named
Iris. When I was pregnant the third time she also said it was a boy named
Adam, but then the last trimester she changed her mind and said it was a
girl. Turned out to be a boy.
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99