PDA

View Full Version : Change of wardrobes...

Emily
February 28th 05, 04:54 AM
I'm in that awkward stage right now. My regular pants
don't fit, maternity pants are better. But, they require
long shirts, and most of my long shirts are maternity
shirts, and they're too big.

Nonetheless, I finally faced reality and moved all my
non-maternity pants into the mesh crate that I think of
as my "hope chest" -- as in I "hope" I'll fit into these
again. (Having gone up and down twice now, I'm pretty
confident that I will.) I also ordered some more pants
from gap.com that look like they might a) be comfortable
(they're maternity pants) and b) work reasonably well
with the shirts that still fit (the belly accommodating
stuff isn't meant to be hidden).

The silliest thing I saw while shopping online for those
pants were some from Old Navy with floral print elastic
bands --- just so it looks like your underwear is showing!

Emily
--
DS 5/02
EDD Labor Day 9/5/05

Anne Rogers
February 28th 05, 05:09 AM

> The silliest thing I saw while shopping online for those
> pants were some from Old Navy with floral print elastic
> bands --- just so it looks like your underwear is showing!

I've never understood the thing about having your underwear showing.

I'm still in the stage you describe, need/prefer maternity pants but need a
long top to cover them, but don't want to wear a tent! Today I've given in
and am wearing a top that can only be described as a tent, but only DS is
here and at least I feel comfortable.

Anne

Emily
February 28th 05, 05:19 AM
Anne Rogers wrote:
>>The silliest thing I saw while shopping online for those
>>pants were some from Old Navy with floral print elastic
>>bands --- just so it looks like your underwear is showing!
>

> I've never understood the thing about having your underwear showing.
>
> I'm still in the stage you describe, need/prefer maternity pants but need a
> long top to cover them, but don't want to wear a tent! Today I've given in
> and am wearing a top that can only be described as a tent, but only DS is
> here and at least I feel comfortable.

I'm usually all about comfort, except when I'm lecturing,
and then it's only mostly about comfort. Not all the students
know yet, and somehow, I'd prefer the announcement not be
a tent...

Emily

Anne Rogers
February 28th 05, 05:28 AM
> I'm usually all about comfort, except when I'm lecturing,
> and then it's only mostly about comfort. Not all the students
> know yet, and somehow, I'd prefer the announcement not be
> a tent...

That makes sense, I felt that way last time, I managed it as I have a few
long jumpers which were suitable for wearing inside the way English
buildings are heated, but here I need lighter stuff inside, despite the fact
it is much colder outside. We rarely heat our flat and even though it's a
corner one we still boil from other peoples heating!

This pregnancy I don't work and there is no one I wouldn't want to know, to
be frank people not noticing even when I'm wearing a swimming costume is
quite annoying, I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and I want to look pregnant!

Anne

Emily
February 28th 05, 05:34 AM
Anne Rogers wrote:
> That makes sense, I felt that way last time, I managed it as I have a few
> long jumpers which were suitable for wearing inside the way English
> buildings are heated, but here I need lighter stuff inside, despite the fact
> it is much colder outside. We rarely heat our flat and even though it's a
> corner one we still boil from other peoples heating!

I remember that from Japan. Public busses were the worst. Packed
full of people, all dressed for the cold outdoors (busstops), but
the heat is on full blast. Ugh. I don't know if I could have handled
that pregnant...

> This pregnancy I don't work and there is no one I wouldn't want to know, to
> be frank people not noticing even when I'm wearing a swimming costume is
> quite annoying, I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and I want to look pregnant!

:) I'm way too short to make it to 25 weeks without looking
pregnant. By the end, I'm nearly as wide as I am tall...

Emily

Anne Rogers
February 28th 05, 05:38 AM

> I remember that from Japan. Public busses were the worst. Packed
> full of people, all dressed for the cold outdoors (busstops), but
> the heat is on full blast. Ugh. I don't know if I could have handled
> that pregnant...

think Seoul Subway and pity me...

>> This pregnancy I don't work and there is no one I wouldn't want to know,
>> to be frank people not noticing even when I'm wearing a swimming costume
>> is quite annoying, I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and I want to look pregnant!
>
> :) I'm way too short to make it to 25 weeks without looking
> pregnant. By the end, I'm nearly as wide as I am tall...

I'm not exactly tall, 5'5", nor broad, 60kg pre pregnancy, so I don't know
where this baby is hiding, I'm starting to think my uterus has wrapped
itself round my internal organs given where I am feeling pokes.

Emily
February 28th 05, 05:44 AM
Anne Rogers wrote:
>>I remember that from Japan. Public busses were the worst. Packed
>>full of people, all dressed for the cold outdoors (busstops), but
>>the heat is on full blast. Ugh. I don't know if I could have handled
>>that pregnant...
>

> think Seoul Subway and pity me...

Wow -- that sounds like a drag. I hope spring comes to
you soon.

> I'm not exactly tall, 5'5", nor broad, 60kg pre pregnancy, so I don't know
> where this baby is hiding, I'm starting to think my uterus has wrapped
> itself round my internal organs given where I am feeling pokes.

<g> You must have abs that are too strong/toned. Maybe
from using the sling so much?

Emily

Anne Rogers
February 28th 05, 07:34 AM
>> I'm not exactly tall, 5'5", nor broad, 60kg pre pregnancy, so I don't
>> know where this baby is hiding, I'm starting to think my uterus has
>> wrapped itself round my internal organs given where I am feeling pokes.
>
> <g> You must have abs that are too strong/toned. Maybe
> from using the sling so much?

they don't feel strong and toned, but possibly, I could do 60 situps in a
minute when 10 weeks pregnant, that probably does count as strong and toned,
but I don't think that can entirely be the reason, I was nowhere near that
strong when I got preg with DS and I was small to the end, he was small, but
I was still much smaller than people I've known who've had babies half a
pound or more smaller.

Anne