PDA

View Full Version : Up at night, stage 2

dragonlady
July 13th 03, 12:07 PM
So the phone rings at 12:15 AM; it's the sherrif's department,
wondering why one of our cars seems to be left overnight at a boat
launch. I explain that my 20 yo is supposed to be spending the weekend
jet skiing and camping with friends -- but the car isn't in the
campground, it's at the boat launch. Now I'm wide awake! Accidents do
happen!

However, the nice folks at the sherrif's office tracked her down, woke
her up to confirm it was her, and called me back. She's fine -- she
just abandoned the car in a weird spot.

She's sound asleep in a tent. I may be awake for hours.

<sigh> How old do you suppose your kids are before you can stop getting
up at night?

meh

just me
July 13th 03, 03:00 PM
"dragonlady" > wrote in message
> <sigh> How old do you suppose your kids are before you can stop getting
> up at night?

<<<<<<<<Meh>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't think it ever really stops. Haven't you noticed that the elderly
usually only sleep in naps at night? I think that is probably due to a
lifetime of things like what you describe.

[Glad your DD is ok, too.]

-Aula

---

Penny Gaines
July 14th 03, 08:15 PM
dragonlady wrote in
>:

> <sigh> How old do you suppose your kids are before you can stop getting
> up at night?

I've always assumed when they leave home.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Rosalie B.
July 14th 03, 09:11 PM
x-no-archive:yes Penny Gaines > wrote:

>dragonlady wrote in
>:
>
>> <sigh> How old do you suppose your kids are before you can stop getting
>> up at night?
>
>I've always assumed when they leave home.

I did stop waking up when I heard sirens then.

But I still remember the call we got about 2 am from ds when his
firstborn went into the hospital with 90% involved in leukemia.

grandma Rosalie