PDA

View Full Version : Shhh! Don't tell DS!

Emily
March 1st 05, 09:25 PM
So the other day DS and I were at the grocery
store, and he spotted Nemo cereal -- like Lucky
Charms with Nemo & friends shaped marshmallows.
He said "Mommy, why does that cereal have Nemo
and Dori on it?". I explained that they want
little boys like him to notice it and ask their
mommies to get the cereal, but that I didn't agree
with that kind of cereal since it's not a healthy
choice. We did a couple of rounds of this, but
he seemed pretty satisfied with my answer.

So in the meantime, I've developed a mega craving
for sugar cereal (which is not something I grew
up with --- pretty much only had it at other
people's houses). So I went shopping midday today
(needed to pick up something for lunch, ended
up getting lots of things... note to self, shopping
while hungry & *pregnant* is not a good idea) and
guess what I'm eating now? Chocolate Lucky Charms...

Don't tell DS!

Emily
--
DS 5/02
EDD Labor Day 9/5/05

Larry McMahan
March 1st 05, 09:47 PM
Rolls his eyer!

:-)

Emily > writes:
[...]

: --
: DS 5/02
: EDD Labor Day 9/5/05

bapayne
March 1st 05, 09:54 PM
LOL. sneaky mom!

emilymr
March 1st 05, 09:58 PM
hahaha I have breastfeeding cravings for doughnuts. Umm, and cookies.
And decaf mocha chip frappucinos. And carrot cake. It must be all of the
isidious breastfeeding advertisements I see on the internet... ;)

We won't rat you out to your DS. ;)

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

bapayne
March 1st 05, 10:28 PM
Yum, I hear you!

I've noticed that many of my friends who were at one time pregnant,
always had cravings for cheeseburgers! Including myself!

I wonder why that is...

I also really like coffee ice cream.

Emily
March 1st 05, 10:36 PM
bapayne wrote:
> Yum, I hear you!
>
> I've noticed that many of my friends who were at one time pregnant,
> always had cravings for cheeseburgers! Including myself!
>
> I wonder why that is...
>
> I also really like coffee ice cream.

I *love* coffee ice cream, but don't handle caffeine well.
So, it has to be an occasional indulgence for me... *sigh*

Emily

Jenrose
March 1st 05, 11:07 PM
> So in the meantime, I've developed a mega craving
> for sugar cereal (which is not something I grew
> up with --- pretty much only had it at other
> people's houses). So I went shopping midday today
> (needed to pick up something for lunch, ended
> up getting lots of things... note to self, shopping
> while hungry & *pregnant* is not a good idea) and
> guess what I'm eating now? Chocolate Lucky Charms...

Cocoa puffs are whole grain. o:-)

Jenrose

carla
March 1st 05, 11:30 PM
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:25:13 -0800, Emily > wrote:

>guess what I'm eating now? Chocolate Lucky Charms...

I caved and bought that cereal the other day too. I'm not pg but I
was OTR and craving super salty and sweet and was hungry all while
grocery shopping -- also not a good idea. Needless to say, I have
only been able to choke down about 3/4 bowl of this cereal. It was
WAY too sweet and the milk started turning a really gross brown with
multi colored swirls so I just had to dump the rest. I guess I'll try
to convince my husband to eat the rest...

carla

Child
March 2nd 05, 02:34 AM
"Emily" > wrote in message
| So the other day DS and I were at the grocery
| store, and he spotted Nemo cereal -- like Lucky
| Charms with Nemo & friends shaped marshmallows.
| He said "Mommy, why does that cereal have Nemo
| and Dori on it?". I explained that they want
| little boys like him to notice it and ask their
| mommies to get the cereal, but that I didn't agree
| with that kind of cereal since it's not a healthy
| choice. We did a couple of rounds of this, but
| he seemed pretty satisfied with my answer.
|
| So in the meantime, I've developed a mega craving
| for sugar cereal (which is not something I grew
| up with --- pretty much only had it at other
| people's houses). So I went shopping midday today
| (needed to pick up something for lunch, ended
| up getting lots of things... note to self, shopping
| while hungry & *pregnant* is not a good idea) and
| guess what I'm eating now? Chocolate Lucky Charms...

ROFLMAO! Hide the box, Mommy.

Child
March 2nd 05, 02:35 AM
"emilymr" <emily@xxxxxx> wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
| hahaha I have breastfeeding cravings for doughnuts. Umm, and cookies.
| And decaf mocha chip frappucinos. And carrot cake. It must be all of the
| isidious breastfeeding advertisements I see on the internet... ;)
|
| We won't rat you out to your DS. ;)
|
| Em
| mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Your post made me realize that if I get pregnant again, after we have this
one, I will have to set a good example with my eating habits for this kid.
ooh. Thats no fun.

JennP
March 2nd 05, 02:55 AM
"Emily" > wrote in message

> So in the meantime, I've developed a mega craving
> for sugar cereal (which is not something I grew
> up with --- pretty much only had it at other
> people's houses). So I went shopping midday today
> (needed to pick up something for lunch, ended
> up getting lots of things... note to self, shopping
> while hungry & *pregnant* is not a good idea) and
> guess what I'm eating now? Chocolate Lucky Charms...

Lucky Charms rock!!! I saw an ad for those chocolate ones and I have to
admit, if I wasn't on Weight Watchers I'd be all over them. Hope they were
good!

JennP.

JennP
March 2nd 05, 02:58 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1109719481.c8ff1de0be081f5c4253e08847c97ceb@t eranews...

> Cocoa puffs are whole grain. o:-)

Actually, Lucky Charms are whole grain. They are basically the whole grain
cheerios lightly sweetened with marshmallows. I remember that LC's were the
only "sugar" cereal that my mother would allow and even then it was only on
occassion.

JennP.

Emily
March 2nd 05, 03:39 AM
JennP wrote:
> "Emily" > wrote in message
>

>>So in the meantime, I've developed a mega craving
>>for sugar cereal (which is not something I grew
>>up with --- pretty much only had it at other
>>people's houses). So I went shopping midday today
>>(needed to pick up something for lunch, ended
>>up getting lots of things... note to self, shopping
>>while hungry & *pregnant* is not a good idea) and
>>guess what I'm eating now? Chocolate Lucky Charms...
>

> Lucky Charms rock!!! I saw an ad for those chocolate ones and I have to
> admit, if I wasn't on Weight Watchers I'd be all over them. Hope they were
> good!

They were!

Emily

Kelly
March 2nd 05, 04:58 AM
Hehehe, we do that all the time-and with Lucky Charms. We hide it in my big
stockpot and eat it for a late evening snack. Totally sneaky of us, as we
don't share with the kids-but hey, they are in bed anyways ;0

Kelly
#4 2/15/05

"Emily" > wrote in message
> So the other day DS and I were at the grocery
> store, and he spotted Nemo cereal -- like Lucky
> Charms with Nemo & friends shaped marshmallows.
> He said "Mommy, why does that cereal have Nemo
> and Dori on it?". I explained that they want
> little boys like him to notice it and ask their
> mommies to get the cereal, but that I didn't agree
> with that kind of cereal since it's not a healthy
> choice. We did a couple of rounds of this, but
> he seemed pretty satisfied with my answer.
>
> So in the meantime, I've developed a mega craving
> for sugar cereal (which is not something I grew
> up with --- pretty much only had it at other
> people's houses). So I went shopping midday today
> (needed to pick up something for lunch, ended
> up getting lots of things... note to self, shopping
> while hungry & *pregnant* is not a good idea) and
> guess what I'm eating now? Chocolate Lucky Charms...
>
> Don't tell DS!
>
> Emily
> --
> DS 5/02
> EDD Labor Day 9/5/05

Emily
March 2nd 05, 05:08 AM
Kelly wrote:
> Hehehe, we do that all the time-and with Lucky Charms. We hide it in my big
> stockpot and eat it for a late evening snack. Totally sneaky of us, as we
> don't share with the kids-but hey, they are in bed anyways ;0
>
> Kelly
> #4 2/15/05

My parents tell me that they would hide in the bathroom to
eat cookies when my brother and I were small... <g>

Emily

emilymr
March 2nd 05, 06:05 PM
>Your post made me realize that if I get pregnant again, after >we have
this

>one, I will have to set a good example with my eating habits >for this
kid.

>ooh. Thats no fun.

Oh man, you're right! :P Or say "Only breastfeeding mommies are allowed
to eat doughnuts every day... When you're breastfeeding, you can too!"
hehe poor DS...

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Jenrose
March 2nd 05, 08:44 PM
"JennP" > wrote in message

> "Emily" > wrote in message
>
>> So in the meantime, I've developed a mega craving
>> for sugar cereal (which is not something I grew
>> up with --- pretty much only had it at other
>> people's houses). So I went shopping midday today
>> (needed to pick up something for lunch, ended
>> up getting lots of things... note to self, shopping
>> while hungry & *pregnant* is not a good idea) and
>> guess what I'm eating now? Chocolate Lucky Charms...
>
> Lucky Charms rock!!! I saw an ad for those chocolate ones and I have to
> admit, if I wasn't on Weight Watchers I'd be all over them. Hope they were
> good!

Oh come on... a bowl of Lucky Charms with skim milk is what, 3 points?
Splurge a little.

Jenrose

JennP
March 2nd 05, 10:41 PM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1109796897.3ebfa83c888305da1b5880843869d2ce@t eranews...

> Oh come on... a bowl of Lucky Charms with skim milk is what, 3 points?
> Splurge a little.

The chocolate ones? I'm not sure. I'll have to check, but it's too much of a
red light food for me. I can tell already, lol.

JennP.