PDA

View Full Version : ctts: preschooler's comment on pregnancy

Melania
March 2nd 05, 05:01 PM
We were taking a ferry on the weekend and I was in the kids' play area
with ds. A 4yo girl was dominating the play area, and had ds completely
in thrall (he was following her around, doing anything she told him
too, trying to steal kisses . . . )

At one point ds came up to me for something and his new friend (boss?)
straggled over. She looked at me appraisingly and said, "well. You're
getting big!" I smiled and said, "yes, and I'll get a lot bigger before
I'm done!"

Later I saw her with her mom, her aunt, and her very young (4-6 wo)
cousin, over whom she was fawning. I imagine the "getting bigger" line
was one she'd stored away as What to Say to a Pregnant Lady, based on
things she'd heard said to her aunt!

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Kelly
March 2nd 05, 08:33 PM
Out of the mouth of babes! Weeks ago I was at DS #1 basketball practice and
one of his friends/teammates came up and said to me-"You are just getting so
big!" I reminded him to never say that to a woman and he chuckled and said
back "Well, my mom tells me all the time that she is gigantic, so I was just
being agreeable." (His mom was pregnant at the time and close to her
duedate) I had to giggle at the agreeable part.

Kelly
#4 2/15/05

"Melania" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We were taking a ferry on the weekend and I was in the kids' play area
> with ds. A 4yo girl was dominating the play area, and had ds completely
> in thrall (he was following her around, doing anything she told him
> too, trying to steal kisses . . . )
>
> At one point ds came up to me for something and his new friend (boss?)
> straggled over. She looked at me appraisingly and said, "well. You're
> getting big!" I smiled and said, "yes, and I'll get a lot bigger before
> I'm done!"
>
> Later I saw her with her mom, her aunt, and her very young (4-6 wo)
> cousin, over whom she was fawning. I imagine the "getting bigger" line
> was one she'd stored away as What to Say to a Pregnant Lady, based on
> things she'd heard said to her aunt!
>
> Melania
> Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
> and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Hope
March 3rd 05, 02:47 AM
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:33:47 -0800, "Kelly" >
wrote:

>Out of the mouth of babes! Weeks ago I was at DS #1 basketball practice and
>one of his friends/teammates came up and said to me-"You are just getting so
>big!" I reminded him to never say that to a woman and he chuckled and said
>back "Well, my mom tells me all the time that she is gigantic, so I was just
>being agreeable." (His mom was pregnant at the time and close to her
>duedate) I had to giggle at the agreeable part.
>
>Kelly
>#4 2/15/05

LOL!!

Hope

--
Riley 1993 c/s (the agreeable type)
Tara 2002 HBAC

L.A.
March 3rd 05, 03:44 PM
LOL...it reminds me of my 4yo DD who's asking all sorts of interesting
questions about this baby.
She said at supper the other day, "Mommy, you chew up your food,
right?" Baffled, I said "yes." And she says "And you swallow it,
right?" Now more cautious, I said "yes." She finished this
circuitious round of logic with a resounding "EEEWWW...gross! So the
baby eats CHEWED UP FOOD???." I had to explain about the umbilical
cord and belly buttons, but I think she's still got the chewed up food
image in her mind. Oh well!

L.A.

Hope > wrote in message >...
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:33:47 -0800, "Kelly" >
> wrote:
>
> >Out of the mouth of babes! Weeks ago I was at DS #1 basketball practice and
> >one of his friends/teammates came up and said to me-"You are just getting so
> >big!" I reminded him to never say that to a woman and he chuckled and said
> >back "Well, my mom tells me all the time that she is gigantic, so I was just
> >being agreeable." (His mom was pregnant at the time and close to her
> >duedate) I had to giggle at the agreeable part.
> >
> >Kelly
> >#4 2/15/05
> >

> LOL!!
>
> Hope

Melania
March 3rd 05, 04:00 PM
L.A. wrote:
> LOL...it reminds me of my 4yo DD who's asking all sorts of
interesting
> questions about this baby.
> She said at supper the other day, "Mommy, you chew up your food,
> right?" Baffled, I said "yes." And she says "And you swallow it,
> right?" Now more cautious, I said "yes." She finished this
> circuitious round of logic with a resounding "EEEWWW...gross! So the
> baby eats CHEWED UP FOOD???." I had to explain about the umbilical
> cord and belly buttons, but I think she's still got the chewed up
food
> image in her mind. Oh well!
>
> L.A.
>
> Hope > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:33:47 -0800, "Kelly"
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Out of the mouth of babes! Weeks ago I was at DS #1 basketball
practice and
> > >one of his friends/teammates came up and said to me-"You are just
getting so
> > >big!" I reminded him to never say that to a woman and he chuckled
and said
> > >back "Well, my mom tells me all the time that she is gigantic, so
I was just
> > >being agreeable." (His mom was pregnant at the time and close to
her
> > >duedate) I had to giggle at the agreeable part.
> > >
> > >Kelly
> > >#4 2/15/05
> > >

> > LOL!!
> >
> > Hope

Apparently when I was told the baby was head-down to come out, I said,
"eewww! You mean I've been kissing its BUM all this time?!"

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)