PDA

View Full Version : Re: Travelling by air with a Kelty Kid Carrier and Yellowstone questions

aps
July 15th 03, 07:42 PM
In article >, Robyn Kozierok
> wrote:

> I am going to need to travel by airplane with our Kelty kid-carrying
> backpack. It is one of the larger models, the Summit, I think. I
> think we will check it rather than trying to use it to get through the
> airport and then gate-checking it, as we'll have enough else to carry
> on, including the 2yo's carseat, that we'll probably use one of those
> cart thingies in the airports. So, I'm just wondering how we can
> "pack" it to keep it safe while travelling as luggage.

Backpackers often wrap their pack in some kind of plastic sheeting like
shrinkwrap, etc. With a loaded pack the issue is handlers flinging it
by an accessory strap and ripping it, in addition to getting caught in
conveyor belts. With an unloaded Kelty, I'd be worried about it sitting
underneath heavy stuff and bending the frame. So a box wouldn't be a
bad idea.

APS