PDA

View Full Version : Dawn? How's the Big Move coming?

Ann Porter
July 17th 03, 02:30 AM
Just wanted to drop a post out to Dawn, to see how the move is going and how
Henry's handling it.

Best,
Ann

Iowacookiemom
July 18th 03, 11:53 PM
>Just wanted to drop a post out to Dawn, to see how the move is going and how
>Henry's handling it.

Thanks for asking, Ann...

Well, we survived our cross-country ride with two dogs, narrowly missed a
hurricane, and somehow managed to partially unpack with no working air
conditioning in 99 degree weather. We're settling in; we've been here 5 days.
I have the kitchen, the bedroom and all of the bathrooms set up, and we have a
corner of our living room that is functional too. Henry has not yet been
interested in setting up his bedroom, but that's not due to depression over the
move -- it's because he spends all his time in the pool!

We are renting temporarily so there will be another move in about 6 months; it
is hard to know how much to unpack; especially since we have limited storage (I
may just make one bedroom storage for this temporary period).

Two boys came over to ask Henry to play several times. He says he doesn't like
them and I don't totally disagree -- the first time they came over they asked
him to play "Ding Dong Ditch" and the second time they came to the door (I
answered) the older one (9 years old) was holding a cigarette lighter and
repeatedly lighting it. So while I wish Henry were more open to making new
friends, I will not be encouraging these boys in particular...

School starts a month from today; until then I think we'll mostly be
homebodies.

Thanks for asking -- we are surviving, but my goodness, this is a lot of work!

-Dawn
Mom to Henry, 10