PDA

View Full Version : Update

Plissken
March 4th 05, 03:47 AM
Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where I
received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent and
much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing every 3-4
minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted the on
call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to him
(water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked if we
should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope, so he
said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come by
morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB. That's it
for now!

Tori M.
March 4th 05, 04:00 AM
woooohooo I am glad the ob is on your side;)

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04
"Plissken" > wrote in message
> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
> administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
> dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent and
> much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing every
> 3-4
> minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted the on
> call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to him
> (water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked if
> we
> should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope, so he
> said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come by
> morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB. That's it
> for now!

Jen
March 4th 05, 04:09 AM
"Plissken" > wrote in message
> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
> administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
> dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent and
> much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing every
> 3-4
> minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted the on
> call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to him
> (water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked if
> we
> should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope, so he
> said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come by
> morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB. That's it
> for now!

Babies come when they're ready! Just hang in there momma!

Anne Rogers
March 4th 05, 04:47 AM
I like your midwife and your OB, good luck and contraction vibes coming your
way...

Anne

Kelly
March 4th 05, 05:16 AM
Good luck! I'll be thinking of you!

Kelly

"Plissken" > wrote in message
> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
> administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
> dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent and
> much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing every
> 3-4
> minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted the on
> call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to him
> (water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked if
> we
> should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope, so he
> said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come by
> morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB. That's it
> for now!

Jo
March 4th 05, 05:21 AM
Plissken wrote:
> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where I
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
> administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
> dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent and
> much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing every 3-4
> minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted the on
> call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to him
> (water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked if we
> should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope, so he
> said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come by
> morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB. That's it
> for now!

Wow, congratulations on choosing a good OB and Midwife!! :)

All the best!

Jo (RM)

Kara H
March 4th 05, 05:23 AM
"Plissken" > wrote in message:

> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
> administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
> dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent and
> much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing every
3-4
> minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted the on
> call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to him
> (water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked if
we
> should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope, so he
> said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come by
> morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB. That's it
> for now!

Best of luck, Nadene!! Sounds like you are in great hands! You will be in my
thoughts.

-Kara.

Andrea S
March 4th 05, 06:59 AM
"Plissken" > wrote in message
> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
> administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
> dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent and
> much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing every
> 3-4
> minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted the on
> call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to him
> (water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked if
> we
> should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope, so he
> said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come by
> morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB. That's it
> for now!

With my last labour my water broke followed by lots of contrax... had zero
dilation. Went to the hospital in a taxi cab and sat on sheets as my waters
kept replacing! I was sent home, and returned when the pain was worse, but
still no dilation. I walked lots and sat on the birthing ball which put me
into established labour. Still my water broke at 8am, and I had Kamron past
midnight. I slowed things down by not keeping myself moving.
I think that was a long labour considering it was my 5th!

Best of luck!

Andrea (UK) edd 14th October.

March 4th 05, 07:52 AM
Hopefully you have already had the baby by the time I post this, but my
mom had her water break with my sister a week before she gave birth.
That was 45 years ago. Nobody even thought to induce her over it at
the time. It all turned out fine.

Good luck in progressing, so you can avoid interventions, and woohoo on
midwife and doctor choices. I can hardly imagine getting such a good
choice.

KC

Rivka W
March 4th 05, 01:12 PM
Plissken wrote:
> Still no baby!

Hang in there, and good luck!

Rivka
Li'l Critter due 4/3/05

--
Visit my weblog at http://respectfulofotters.blogspot.com

L.A.
March 4th 05, 02:05 PM
Yay you...your baby will come when ready, and it's good to hear of an
OB who believes that too. Here's hoping your contractions are
effective and you go quickly when labour really kicks in. Good luck.

L.A.

"Plissken" > wrote in message news:<9TQVd.569192$8l.441071@pd7tw1no>...
> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where I
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
> administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
> dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent and
> much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing every 3-4
> minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted the on
> call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to him
> (water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked if we
> should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope, so he
> said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come by
> morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB. That's it
> for now!

Melania
March 4th 05, 03:51 PM
Plissken wrote:
> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital
where I
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours
> administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
> dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent
and
> much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing
every 3-4
> minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted
the on
> call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to
him
> (water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked
if we
> should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope,
so he
> said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come
by
> morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB.
That's it
> for now!

Good luck Nadene!

Glad to hear the ob was on side and the midwife sounds great too!
Looking forward to a birth story in the near future!

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Joybelle
March 4th 05, 05:52 PM
"Plissken" > wrote in message
> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
> administer more antibiotics. She checked my cervix while there and no
> dilation WTF??? But contractions are now definitely way more frequent and
> much more painful. We are about to start timing them, I'm guessing every
3-4
> minutes. So hopefully this baby comes tonight. My midwife consulted the on
> call OB while at the hospital and explained the whole situation to him
> (water broke 24 hours ago, GBS +, just got antibiotics) and she asked if
we
> should induce. He asked "does she want us to intervene?" , uh nope, so he
> said send her home, she'll be fine and if the baby still hasn't come by
> morning we will reassess! Great to see a non interventionist OB. That's it
> for now!

I hope things are picking up for you now! What a wonderful ob and midwife
you have there.
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Marc
March 4th 05, 09:52 PM
<snip>
> Still no baby! I'll make this quick. Just got back from the hospital where
> received antibiotics for GBS. My midwife will now come every 4 hours to
Nadene
TG you're in good care. Hope it doesn't take too much longer
Marc