PDA

View Full Version : Dad home needs help with diapers

March 4th 05, 10:28 PM
Hi Everyone, My wife had to go to a wedding in New York and I just
found out we ran out of diapers. I go to the store and see all kinds of
stuff I don't understand . One bag said 22-37 pounds.The other said 38
to 55 pounds, Is that how much poop and pee the diaper will hold? I'm
lost.

March 4th 05, 10:34 PM
Oh man, I'm so stupid. It is the weight of the child. Now I have
another problem. My kid weighs 214 pounds.

Mamma Mia
March 4th 05, 10:34 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi Everyone, My wife had to go to a wedding in New York and I just
> found out we ran out of diapers. I go to the store and see all kinds of
> stuff I don't understand . One bag said 22-37 pounds.The other said 38
> to 55 pounds, Is that how much poop and pee the diaper will hold? I'm
> lost.

har de har har (i hope)

Donna Metler
March 4th 05, 10:34 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi Everyone, My wife had to go to a wedding in New York and I just
> found out we ran out of diapers. I go to the store and see all kinds of
> stuff I don't understand . One bag said 22-37 pounds.The other said 38
> to 55 pounds, Is that how much poop and pee the diaper will hold? I'm
> lost.

The numbers are the weight of the baby. Be aware that different brands fit
differently on the same baby, even if they have the same weight range. Your
best bet is to look at the current diapers and match them.

Jamie Clark
March 4th 05, 10:39 PM
Uh huh. sure he does.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Oh man, I'm so stupid. It is the weight of the child. Now I have
> another problem. My kid weighs 214 pounds.

March 4th 05, 10:48 PM
Well, I'm fixed it. I sent him to his grandmothers. Now it's off to the
strip club for me.

March 4th 05, 10:52 PM
Change strip club to charity event. thanks.

Larry McMahan
March 4th 05, 11:01 PM
Donna Metler > writes:

: > wrote in message
: oups.com...
:> Hi Everyone, My wife had to go to a wedding in New York and I just
:> found out we ran out of diapers. I go to the store and see all kinds of
:> stuff I don't understand . One bag said 22-37 pounds.The other said 38
:> to 55 pounds, Is that how much poop and pee the diaper will hold? I'm
:> lost.
:>
: The numbers are the weight of the baby. Be aware that different brands fit
: differently on the same baby, even if they have the same weight range. Your
: best bet is to look at the current diapers and match them.

Donna!

I can't believe you fell for this!!!

tsk, tsk.

:-)
Larry

Todd Gastaldo
March 4th 05, 11:17 PM
"Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> Donna Metler > writes:
>

> : > wrote in message
> : oups.com...
> :> Hi Everyone, My wife had to go to a wedding in New York and I just
> :> found out we ran out of diapers. I go to the store and see all kinds of
> :> stuff I don't understand . One bag said 22-37 pounds.The other said 38
> :> to 55 pounds, Is that how much poop and pee the diaper will hold? I'm
> :> lost.
> :>
> : The numbers are the weight of the baby. Be aware that different brands
> fit
> : differently on the same baby, even if they have the same weight range.
> Your
> : best bet is to look at the current diapers and match them.
>
> Donna!
>
> I can't believe you fell for this!!!
>
> tsk, tsk.
>
> :-)
> Larry

No doubt there are some people reading who did not know the info Donna
provided.

Todd

Larry McMahan
March 5th 05, 12:14 AM
Todd Gastaldo > writes:

: "Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
: ...
:> Donna Metler > writes:
:>
:>
:> : > wrote in message
:> : oups.com...
:> :> Hi Everyone, My wife had to go to a wedding in New York and I just
:> :> found out we ran out of diapers. I go to the store and see all kinds of
:> :> stuff I don't understand . One bag said 22-37 pounds.The other said 38
:> :> to 55 pounds, Is that how much poop and pee the diaper will hold? I'm
:> :> lost.
:> :>
:> : The numbers are the weight of the baby. Be aware that different brands
:> fit
:> : differently on the same baby, even if they have the same weight range.
:> Your
:> : best bet is to look at the current diapers and match them.
:>
:> Donna!
:>
:> I can't believe you fell for this!!!
:>
:> tsk, tsk.
:>
:> :-)
:> Larry
:>

: No doubt there are some people reading who did not know the info Donna
: provided.

: Todd

Yes, but do any of them have babies. Besides I would have also make
some comment about the benefits of cloth versus disposables. :-)

Oh, and you forgot the smiley. I'l supply 2 to make up.

:-)
Larry

Todd Gastaldo
March 5th 05, 12:54 AM
"Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> Todd Gastaldo > writes:
>
> : "Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> : ...
> :> Donna Metler > writes:
> :>
> :>
> :> : > wrote in message
> :> : oups.com...
> :> :> Hi Everyone, My wife had to go to a wedding in New York and I just
> :> :> found out we ran out of diapers. I go to the store and see all kinds
> of
> :> :> stuff I don't understand . One bag said 22-37 pounds.The other said
> 38
> :> :> to 55 pounds, Is that how much poop and pee the diaper will hold?
> I'm
> :> :> lost.
> :> :>
> :> : The numbers are the weight of the baby. Be aware that different
> brands
> :> fit
> :> : differently on the same baby, even if they have the same weight
> range.
> :> Your
> :> : best bet is to look at the current diapers and match them.
> :>
> :> Donna!
> :>
> :> I can't believe you fell for this!!!
> :>
> :> tsk, tsk.
> :>
> :> :-)
> :> Larry
> :>
>

> : No doubt there are some people reading who did not know the info Donna
> : provided.
>
> : Todd
>
> Yes, but do any of them have babies. Besides I would have also make
> some comment about the benefits of cloth versus disposables. :-)
>
> Oh, and you forgot the smiley. I'l supply 2 to make up.
>
> :-)
> Larry

Smiley (Larry),

I was thinking that some pregnant women might not know the info Donna
provided.

As long as you are mentioning diapering options, don't forget the no diaper
option - I forget what it' called but those are brave parents! : )

Todd

Jo
March 5th 05, 02:04 AM
Todd Gastaldo wrote:

> Smiley (Larry),
>
> I was thinking that some pregnant women might not know the info Donna
> provided.
>
> As long as you are mentioning diapering options, don't forget the no diaper
> option - I forget what it' called but those are brave parents! : )
>
> Todd

It's called "free-ballin'" or "going commando" ;)

Jo (RM)

Todd Gastaldo
March 5th 05, 06:36 AM
"Jo" > wrote in message
. ..
> Todd Gastaldo wrote:
>

>> Smiley (Larry),
>>
>> I was thinking that some pregnant women might not know the info Donna
>> provided.
>>
>> As long as you are mentioning diapering options, don't forget the no
>> diaper option - I forget what it' called but those are brave parents! : )
>>
>> Todd
> It's called "free-ballin'" or "going commando" ;)
>
> Jo (RM)

LOL!

Jenrose
March 5th 05, 07:04 AM
>> As long as you are mentioning diapering options, don't forget the no
>> diaper
>> option - I forget what it' called but those are brave parents! : )
>>
>> Todd
> It's called "free-ballin'" or "going commando" ;)
>
> Jo (RM)

Or "EC" (Elimination communication).

It's actually becoming sort of popular in the granola crowd. I have too much
of a "thing" about getting peed on frequently to have a baby go diaperfree,
but did have a period of time when dd was 7-8 months old...she would make
the strangest noise a few minutes before poohing, so I'd put her on a little
pot and she'd do her business there. Didn't have to change a poopy diaper
for about 2 months--pretty nice!

Jenrose

Larry McMahan
March 8th 05, 01:29 AM
Todd Gastaldo > writes:

: "Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
: ...
:> Todd Gastaldo > writes:
:>
:> : "Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
:> : ...
:> :> Donna Metler > writes:
:> :>
:> :>
:> :> : > wrote in message
:> :> : oups.com...
:> :> :> Hi Everyone, My wife had to go to a wedding in New York and I just
:> :> :> found out we ran out of diapers. I go to the store and see all kinds
:> of
:> :> :> stuff I don't understand . One bag said 22-37 pounds.The other said
:> 38
:> :> :> to 55 pounds, Is that how much poop and pee the diaper will hold?
:> I'm
:> :> :> lost.
:> :> :>
:> :> : The numbers are the weight of the baby. Be aware that different
:> brands
:> :> fit
:> :> : differently on the same baby, even if they have the same weight
:> range.
:> :> Your
:> :> : best bet is to look at the current diapers and match them.
:> :>
:> :> Donna!
:> :>
:> :> I can't believe you fell for this!!!
:> :>
:> :> tsk, tsk.
:> :>
:> :> :-)
:> :> Larry
:> :>
:>
:>
[...]

Actually, I frequently recommend the "no diaper" option for parents who are
potty training. Most of the time that specific advice is given over on
misc.kids.breastfeeding.

Larry

Todd Gastaldo
March 8th 05, 02:23 AM
> [...]
> :> : Todd
> :>
> :> Yes, but do any of them have babies. Besides I would have also make
> :> some comment about the benefits of cloth versus disposables. :-)
> :>
> :> Oh, and you forgot the smiley. I'l supply 2 to make up.
> :>
> :> :-)
> :> Larry
>
> : Smiley (Larry),
>
> : I was thinking that some pregnant women might not know the info Donna
> : provided.
>
> : As long as you are mentioning diapering options, don't forget the no
> diaper
> : option - I forget what it' called but those are brave parents! : )
>
> : Todd
>
> Actually, I frequently recommend the "no diaper" option for parents who

Why not recommend it also for babies who are potty training? : )

Todd

> Most of the time that specific advice is given over on
> misc.kids.breastfeeding.

Todd Gastaldo
March 8th 05, 02:24 AM
"Todd Gastaldo" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> [...]
>> :> some comment about the benefits of cloth versus disposables. :-)
>> :>
>> :> Oh, and you forgot the smiley. I'l supply 2 to make up.
>> :>
>> :> :-)
>> :> Larry
>>
>> : Smiley (Larry),
>>
>> : I was thinking that some pregnant women might not know the info Donna
>> : provided.
>>
>> : As long as you are mentioning diapering options, don't forget the no
>> diaper
>> : option - I forget what it' called but those are brave parents! : )
>>
>> : Todd
>>
>> Actually, I frequently recommend the "no diaper" option for parents who
>> are
>> potty training.
>
> Why not recommend it also for babies who are potty training? : )

Oh wait - maybe baby was the wrong word - LOL!

Todd

> Todd
>
>> Most of the time that specific advice is given over on
>> misc.kids.breastfeeding.

Tori M.
March 8th 05, 02:52 AM
> Actually, I frequently recommend the "no diaper" option for parents who
> are
> potty training. Most of the time that specific advice is given over on
> misc.kids.breastfeeding.
>
> Larry
we do that durring the day.. Bonnie wont use the potty if she has a pullup
on.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04

Goal 1- lose 20 lbs

Larry McMahan
March 8th 05, 05:44 PM
Todd Gastaldo > writes:

: "Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
: ...
:> Todd Gastaldo > writes:
:>
:> : "Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
:> : ...
:> :> Todd Gastaldo > writes:
:> :>
:> :> : "Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
:> :> : ...
:> :> :> Donna Metler > writes:
:> :> :>
:> :> :>
:> :> :> : > wrote in message
:> :> :> : oups.com...
:> :> :> :> Hi Everyone, My wife had to go to a wedding in New York and I
:> just
:> :> :> :> found out we ran out of diapers. I go to the store and see all
:> kinds
:> :> of
:> :> :> :> stuff I don't understand . One bag said 22-37 pounds.The other
:> said
:> :> 38
:> :> :> :> to 55 pounds, Is that how much poop and pee the diaper will hold?
:> :> I'm
:> :> :> :> lost.
:> :> :> :>
:> :> :> : The numbers are the weight of the baby. Be aware that different
:> :> brands
:> :> :> fit
:> :> :> : differently on the same baby, even if they have the same weight
:> :> range.
:> :> :> Your
:> :> :> : best bet is to look at the current diapers and match them.
:> :> :>
:> :> :> Donna!
:> :> :>
:> :> :> I can't believe you fell for this!!!
:> :> :>
:> :> :> tsk, tsk.
:> :> :>
:> :> :> :-)
:> :> :> Larry
:> :> :>
:> :>
:> :>
[...]

Preceived lack on interest on the part of the addressee.

Larry

Todd Gastaldo
March 10th 05, 07:49 PM
PERCEPTION IS A FUNNY THING...

See below.

> [...]
> :> : provided.
> :>
> :> : As long as you are mentioning diapering options, don't forget the no
> :> diaper
> :> : option - I forget what it' called but those are brave parents! : )
> :>
> :> : Todd
> :>
> :> Actually, I frequently recommend the "no diaper" option for parents who
> :> are
> :> potty training.
>
> : Why not recommend it also for babies who are potty training? : )
>
> : Todd
>
> :> Most of the time that specific advice is given over on
> :> misc.kids.breastfeeding.
> :>
>
> Preceived lack on interest on the part of the addressee.

Larry,

You perceive no crime.

I perceive crime.

I recently noted that the Florida Attorney General was quoted in USA Today
saying "It is illegal to lie."

See Larry: Can we agree it's ILLEGAL?
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/14897adab7a52391

So Larry - civil or criminal - CAN we agree that it is illegal for OBs to
close birth canals up to 30% and keep birth canals closed the "extra" up to
30% - and LIE to cover-up?

Todd

PS Larry, remember how you expressed surprise that someone (Sarah/medgirl?)
let her OB use Cytotec?

Most women given Cytotec (and/or oxytocin) are not aware of potential
problems - not the least of which is having the OB chemically whip the
uterus to contract VIOLENTLY - with the birth canal closed up to 30%.

OBs are not obtaining informed consent before closing birth canals up to
30%.

Nor are OBs obtaining informed consent AFTER they close birth canals up to
30% - as they violently push (oxytocin/Cytotec) and gruesomely pull - with
the birth canal closed the "extra" up to 30%.

Again Larry - civil or criminal - can we agree that it is illegal for OBs to
close birth canals up to 30% and keep birth canals closed the "extra" up to
30% - and LIE to cover-up?

Larry McMahan
March 10th 05, 10:37 PM
Changing the subject again. See response below...

Todd Gastaldo > writes:
: PERCEPTION IS A FUNNY THING...

: See below.

[long back and forth deleted]

[...]

I agree there *may* be cause for civil action. I don't agree it is
(can be shown to be) illegal. I wish I could.

Todd Gastaldo
March 10th 05, 11:00 PM
"Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> Changing the subject again. See response below...
>

> Todd Gastaldo > writes:
> : PERCEPTION IS A FUNNY THING...
>
> : See below.
>
> [long back and forth deleted]
>
> : PERCEPTION IS A FUNNY THING...
>
> : Larry,
>
> : You perceive no crime.
>
> : I perceive crime.
>
> : I recently noted that the Florida Attorney General was quoted in USA
> Today
> : saying "It is illegal to lie."
>
> : See Larry: Can we agree it's ILLEGAL?
> :
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/14897adab7a52391
>
> : So Larry - civil or criminal - CAN we agree that it is illegal for OBs
> : close birth canals up to 30% and keep birth canals closed the "extra" up
> : 30% - and LIE to cover-up?
>
> : Todd
>
> : PS Larry, remember how you expressed surprise that someone
> (Sarah/medgirl?)
> : let her OB use Cytotec?
>
> : Most women given Cytotec (and/or oxytocin) are not aware of potential
> : problems - not the least of which is having the OB chemically whip the
> : uterus to contract VIOLENTLY - with the birth canal closed up to 30%.
>
> : OBs are not obtaining informed consent before closing birth canals up to
> : 30%.
>
> : Nor are OBs obtaining informed consent AFTER they close birth canals up
> : 30% - as they violently push (oxytocin/Cytotec) and gruesomely pull -
> with
> : the birth canal closed the "extra" up to 30%.
>
> : Again Larry - civil or criminal - can we agree that it is illegal for
> OBs to
> : close birth canals up to 30% and keep birth canals closed the "extra" up
> : 30% - and LIE to cover-up?
>
> I agree there *may* be cause for civil action. I don't agree it is
> (can be shown to be) illegal. I wish I could.

Illegal means against the LAW, right?

Don't all civil actions involve violations of LAW?

Common law in California [THOR 1993] restated the common law principle that
performance of a medical procedure WITHOUT CONSENT - even a NECESSARY
medical procedure - is a battery.

OBs are closing birth canals up to 30% without consent.

OBs are keeping birth canals closed up to 30% - without consent - as they
pull with hands, forceps, vacuums...

OBs indirectly admit ON VIDEO that they are routinely closing birth canals -
by purporting to show how to allow the birth canal to open maximally when
shoulders get stuck - and the method purported to allow the birth canal to
open - actually keeps it closed.

OBvious negligence.

Todd

Larry McMahan
March 11th 05, 05:22 PM
My last post on this subject this week. See you monday.

Todd Gastaldo > writes:

: Illegal means against the LAW, right?

Yes.

: Don't all civil actions involve violations of LAW?

No.

: OBvious negligence.

Agreed.

: Todd

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 05:45 PM
"Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> My last post on this subject this week. See you monday.
>
> Todd Gastaldo > writes:
>

> : Illegal means against the LAW, right?
>
> Yes.
>
> : Don't all civil actions involve violations of LAW?
>
> No.

(still have him on killfile, so piggybacking...)

Common misperception...In most cases where something is "clearly illegal",
criminal charges are filed. Civil suits can be filed for just about
anything, but often involve things more nebulous, like damages or resolving
disputes between parties, etc. The law is relevant, and it may be violations
of law that are being addressed, but it's a whole different standard of
evidence, etc. You can bring a civil suit where something causes harm but is
not, in and of itself, necessarily "illegal" in a criminal sense. Personal
injury suits are civil... assault is criminal. It may not be illegal to
leave a ladder out where a kid will climb on it and fall off, but it may be
negligent enough to result in a civil suit under the concept of "attractive
nuisance."

http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm offers a decent explanation.

The government cannot be the plaintif in a civil suit, IIRC, and an
individual cannot be the "plaintif" (prosecutor) in a criminal suit, even if
the individual is the one who files charges.
IANAL, BMdhI

Jenrose

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 05:46 PM

> : Don't all civil actions involve violations of LAW?
>
> No.

http://www.ktwllaw.com/FAQ/criminalcivil.htm has another simpler
explanation.

Jenrose

Todd Gastaldo
March 11th 05, 11:25 PM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110563204.4822c2b38d54b4b202de9f05f7d726d2@t eranews...

>> : Don't all civil actions involve violations of LAW?
>>
>> No.
>>

> http://www.ktwllaw.com/FAQ/criminalcivil.htm has another simpler
> explanation.

Yeah, it's hard for me to understand, "No" - LOL!

Todd

Todd Gastaldo
March 11th 05, 11:36 PM
OBs AS "ATTRACTIVE NUISANCES"...

See below...

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110563203.d66d6c8ab9a9d4fbffdaa03f27e66a58@t eranews...

> "Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
>> My last post on this subject this week. See you monday.
>>
>> Todd Gastaldo > writes:
>>

>> : Illegal means against the LAW, right?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> : Don't all civil actions involve violations of LAW?
>>
>> No.
>>
> (still have him on killfile

LOL! That'll teach me!

>, so piggybacking...)
>
> Common misperception...In most cases where something is "clearly illegal",
> criminal charges are filed.

I would say it is clearly illegal for OBs to close birth canals up to 30%
and keep birth canals closed when babies get stuck - and lie to cover-up.

I would say it is clearly illegal for OBs to slice vaginas/abdomens en masse
thereby surgically/fraudulently inferring they are doing/have done
everything possible to open birth canals - even as they close birth canals
up to 30%.

> Civil suits can be filed for just about anything, but often involve things
> more nebulous, like damages or resolving disputes between parties, etc.
> The law is relevant, and it may be violations of law that are being
> addressed, but it's a whole different standard of evidence, etc. You can
> bring a civil suit where something causes harm but is not, in and of
> itself, necessarily "illegal" in a criminal sense. Personal injury suits
> are civil... assault is criminal. It may not be illegal to leave a ladder
> out where a kid will climb on it and fall off, but it may be negligent
> enough to result in a civil suit under the concept of "attractive
> nuisance."

Good phrase, "attractive nuisance." Obstetricians lobbied themselves into
being "attractive nuisances" by anti-competitively and anti-scientifically
establishing themselves as the only ones who can offer NEEDED medical and
surgical services.

THE PROBLEM: OBs grossly abuse their legal monopoly as they close birth
canals up to 30% and keep birth canals closed when babies get stuck - among
other obvious crimes they commit - like temporarily asphyxiating EVERY
CESAREAN BABY and robbing up to 50% of baby blood volume - this last is
according to retired obstetrician George Malcolm Morley, MB ChB FACOG.

Todd

> http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm offers a decent explanation.
>
> The government cannot be the plaintif in a civil suit, IIRC, and an
> individual cannot be the "plaintif" (prosecutor) in a criminal suit, even
> if the individual is the one who files charges.
> IANAL, BMdhI
>
> Jenrose

Todd Gastaldo
March 14th 05, 07:02 AM
"Todd Gastaldo" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Jenrose" > wrote in message
> news:1110563204.4822c2b38d54b4b202de9f05f7d726d2@t eranews...
>>

>>> : Don't all civil actions involve violations of LAW?
>>>
>>> No.
>>>

>> http://www.ktwllaw.com/FAQ/criminalcivil.htm has another simpler
>> explanation.
>>

> Yeah, it's hard for me to understand, "No" - LOL!
>
> Todd

Larry,

I read your complex explanation ("No") and Jennifer's "another simpler
explanation" website.

I haven't been able to find any evidence that civil actions don't always
involve violations of law.

You seem so sure - and Jennifer (married to an attorney I think) agreed...

So I must be missing something really obvious.

Could you give an example?

(By the way - when I say "law" I mean statutes, regulations and case laws.)

Todd

Daye
March 14th 05, 07:20 AM
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:02:03 GMT, "Todd Gastaldo"
> wrote:

>Could you give an example?
>
>(By the way - when I say "law" I mean statutes, regulations and case laws.)

I will give you an example because I studied Criminal Justice at Uni.

Let's say that I loan you $500. You agree to repay me in weekly
installments of $50 a week until the total amount is paid. We write
this down and both sign. You pay me $200, and then you just stop
paying me. I contact you, but you still don't pay me. I threaten to
take you to court, but you still don't pay me.

I file a civil law suit for the $300 that is still owed to me. You
didn't break the law, but you did break a written contract. So I
would have a case where we would both present evidence to a judge.
The judge would decide who had the better case and make a decision.
BTW, in civil court, it only has to 51% to one side... reasonable
doubt and all that only applies to criminal cases.

Let's say that I have the better case because of the written contract
so the judge awards me the $300. You didn't break any laws, but you
did renege on your obligations of the contract.

--
Daye
Mommy to DD3 and DS1

Doula_Julia
March 22nd 05, 08:27 PM
I recommend the diaper free thing as well. In fact I have some split
crotch pants available on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4367852757&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT