PDA

View Full Version : re. OT : I think my baby has Downs Syndrome

xboxsnippets.com
March 6th 05, 06:36 PM
Quick update

We saw the midwife on Saturday as planned and I mentioned the concerns and
the single crease.

She had a quick look and brushed it aside quite quickly - didn't make
anything of it.

So I guess if she's happy, we are happy.

I'm learning that looking afte a baby is like a week in politics ... What
was news yesterday, is history today as there is something else to be
focussed on :-/

Thanks for all your feedback :-)

Simon

Melania
March 6th 05, 06:44 PM
xboxsnippets.com wrote:
> Quick update
>
> We saw the midwife on Saturday as planned and I mentioned the
concerns and
> the single crease.
>
> She had a quick look and brushed it aside quite quickly - didn't make

> anything of it.
>
> So I guess if she's happy, we are happy.
>
> I'm learning that looking afte a baby is like a week in politics ...
What
> was news yesterday, is history today as there is something else to be

> focussed on :-/

So true! I see posts here all the time about stuff that was
all-consuming when I was experiencing it, and I'll think, "oh, yeah, I
guess that happened with us too," because I've forgotten all about it
since then!

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

> Thanks for all your feedback :-)
>
> Simon

V.
March 6th 05, 08:31 PM
Glad you feel reassured. Nothing worse than having enough medical knowledge
to know what *might* be wrong! I do that all the time...I'm surprised more
doctors aren't hypochondriacs.

Enjoy the new baby,
Amy

Welches
March 6th 05, 10:18 PM
"V." > wrote in message
> Glad you feel reassured. Nothing worse than having enough medical
> knowledge to know what *might* be wrong! I do that all the time...I'm
> surprised more doctors aren't hypochondriacs.

They are: "I was reading the medical dictionary and discovered that I had
everything except housemaid's knee!" I think from Doctor in the house???
Debbie

Anne Rogers
March 8th 05, 01:08 AM
so happy everything seems fine, Simon, now enjoy being a dad ;-)

Anne