PDA

View Full Version : The cosleeper Dad built...

Jenrose
March 7th 05, 07:22 AM
I'm so tickled by this... it's 18 inches wide by 48 inches long, with
1 foot of that being shelf/bedside table space. It will sit flush with
the bed, and the firm foam mattress with baby vinyl cover (Mom *made*
the mattress)fits the space so snugly that it doesn't move even when
the unit is tipped, and overlaps the bed side just enough that it will
cover any gap between mattress and cosleeper caused by the bedframe.
Basically it expands our sleeping space by 18 inches, and provides a
"no roll off" zone so if I get up to pee, I don't have to worry about
baby rolling off.

http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg

Jenrose
IANIL (I am not in labor...lol)

Kara H
March 7th 05, 08:02 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote:

> http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg

Wowwww Jen!! You have some incredibly crafty and talented parents! You are
very lucky!

That co-sleeper looks perfect and useful in every way. It really looks like
the perfect solution and there's no doubt in my mind that you will love it!!

Looks like you are all set and ready for the baby. :)

-Kara
(I love your sig, BTW)

Anne Rogers
March 7th 05, 08:41 AM
I want I want I WANT!

We managed quite nicely last time with the moses basket right next to the
bed, but the baby was lower than I was, so it wasn't quite so convenient, it
wouldn't be worth trying to do anythig different this time, we had the baby
in our room for about 4 months and I expect we will do similar again.

Anne

Jenrose
March 7th 05, 10:12 AM
"Kara H" > wrote in message
> "Jenrose" > wrote:
>
>> http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg
>
> Wowwww Jen!! You have some incredibly crafty and talented parents! You are
> very lucky!

I know... <G> Dad also built my laundry system, and Mom sewed all the
medieval garb for all the people in my wedding... 10 outfits, total, all in
silk!

> That co-sleeper looks perfect and useful in every way. It really looks
> like
> the perfect solution and there's no doubt in my mind that you will love
> it!!

I'm so tickled. We were talking about just doing an improvised headboard and
side rail for my side of the bed...but when I explained my purpose to dad,
we both sort of went, "Oh, it should be like this...and this...and this..."
and what you see is EXACTLY what I described. I wanted shelves to act as a
bedside table to extend from the wall to one foot out. I wanted 36 inches
long of "rail space" extending to 4 feet total from the bed (a crib would be
5 feet and make it very hard to get in and out of bed for me). I wanted
shelves underneath. I wanted a rail on three sides to prevent roll-out, and
a mattress exactly flush with the top of my bed, sized to fit, and
everything done to all applicable crib standards. So the slat width is
within spec, the finish is 100% pure tung oil, etc. etc. The height is not
crib height, because it's not designed for "unsupervised" use with a baby
who can pull up at all. It's not meant for unattended sleeping for longer
than it takes me to pee. And it means that I can keep baby off our memory
foam if I need to.

> Looks like you are all set and ready for the baby. :)

Tell me about it! No, tell this kid about it! You hear that baby? We're
ready....

Jenrose
IANIL

Jenrose
March 7th 05, 10:17 AM
"Anne Rogers" > wrote in message
>I want I want I WANT!
>
> We managed quite nicely last time with the moses basket right next to the
> bed, but the baby was lower than I was, so it wasn't quite so convenient,
> it wouldn't be worth trying to do anythig different this time, we had the
> baby in our room for about 4 months and I expect we will do similar again.

DD was in my room for 4 years. I figure at some point this will get "too
small" for practical use (probably at age 2 1/2-ish) and we'll find some
other option. But it will likely end up staying in the family for this baby,
any kids my sister has, etc... on down to my daughter's kids, if it works as
well as I think it will.

With dd, I had a futon on the floor the whole time we coslept--which was
very safe but not very comfortable. I've "grown up" and now have a grown up
bed and don't want to give it up... so this gives us some baby safe space
while letting me sleep with baby in the crook of my arm. We determined the
measurements by having me lie in the bed and figure out where my arm would
come, how long baby would stretch, etc....

The bed is impressive--but the mattress... most people would not be able to
tell that it's homemade. They used exactly the kind of vinyl that most crib
mattresses are made from, and a piece of foam that was the highest
density/quality available from a store that supplies a wide variety of foams
for upholstry, etc... It's *very* firm, the cover fits exactly and is
wipe-clean. We're going to adapt sheets by taking a flat twin sheet,
wrapping it around, sewing it to fit, but leaving a flap that will cross
from the cosleeper to my bed, providing "crack coverage".

Jenrose

Alley
March 7th 05, 10:19 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110180178.4d3bece71b87586503c367b92d6ad762@t eranews...
> I'm so tickled by this... it's 18 inches wide by 48 inches long, with
> 1 foot of that being shelf/bedside table space. It will sit flush with
> the bed, and the firm foam mattress with baby vinyl cover (Mom *made*
> the mattress)fits the space so snugly that it doesn't move even when
> the unit is tipped, and overlaps the bed side just enough that it will
> cover any gap between mattress and cosleeper caused by the bedframe.
> Basically it expands our sleeping space by 18 inches, and provides a
> "no roll off" zone so if I get up to pee, I don't have to worry about
> baby rolling off.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg
>
> Jenrose
> IANIL (I am not in labor...lol)

oh that's lovely. I kep the cot about a foot from my bed and once I'm in I
pull it close but I still have the bars between us, but I can slip my arm in
to feel if ds is too cold or too hot. I prefer yours! I wish I had known
about co-sleepers before having kids I's of had one built too!
Alissa

Jenrose
March 7th 05, 10:53 AM

> oh that's lovely. I kep the cot about a foot from my bed and once I'm in I
> pull it close but I still have the bars between us, but I can slip my arm
> in to feel if ds is too cold or too hot. I prefer yours! I wish I had
> known about co-sleepers before having kids I's of had one built too!
> Alissa

With dd, I had a crib next to the bed, a couple feet away. We sometimes used
it for naps, or if she fell asleep before I was ready for bed. But if I
tried to sleep with her in there, I'd wake up every 5 minutes to check her
breathing...so she slept with me.

With my foster son, I took the drop side off the crib, put a toddler rail
on, set it right next to my bed almost flush...but that little "lip" of rail
meant he never ended up in the crib because I couldn't put my arm in there.

This is flush. So I can just get close to it and have baby there and be "in
touch" and nurse and sleep without thinking about whether baby is "down" or
"over there", etc.

Jenrose

Anne Rogers
March 7th 05, 12:10 PM
> DD was in my room for 4 years. I figure at some point this will get "too
> small" for practical use (probably at age 2 1/2-ish) and we'll find some
> other option. But it will likely end up staying in the family for this
> baby, any kids my sister has, etc... on down to my daughter's kids, if it
> works as well as I think it will.

we've had a wierd ride sleepwise with DS, he was ok as a baby, well normal,
fed loads at night, then less and less and then slept through we moved him
mostly into his room when he was feeding once at night, then completely into
his room, he went off a bit from 8ish months so I was up and down a bit
more, would have been very tempted to have him back in our room, but the cot
would have just been annoying. Ended up having to move him to a bed very
early, 14 months, he started screaming if we even went near the cot, at this
stage however he still went down very easily, then he went to nursery and it
all went pear shaped, needed much more help to get to sleep, now we are in a
situation where DH sleeps most of the night with him in a single bed, there
is no room for me, bump, DH and DS all in a standard double, I loved it when
we stayed in a hotel before christmas and we had two double beds, I keep
saying we should have this in out house, 1 sleeping room, with 2 double
beds/mattresses and swap over as necessary.

I'm not sure how things will pan out with this baby, our house has 4
bedrooms, but currently we have one as our room, one as a nursery, one as a
study, one as a guest room, I'm not sure I want to try and put baby in with
Nathanael, but none of the other rooms are currently set up well, I guess I
have some thinking and sorting to do, or just deciding to cosleep longer and
adapting the cot or buying a co sleeper!

Anne

Alley
March 7th 05, 12:24 PM
> I know... <G> Dad also built my laundry system,

what is that? do you have a pic? I could do with some organisation in my
laundry
Alissa

March 7th 05, 01:45 PM
Jenrose wrote:
> I'm so tickled by this...

Maybe this is what baby has been waiting for... "I can't be born yet,
I have nowhere to sleep!!"

Amy

Kmom
March 7th 05, 02:47 PM
That's just beautiful!!!
Head and shoulders above anything you could but commercially.
Maybe now the baby will come since she/he has a place to sleep.

sharalyns
March 7th 05, 04:44 PM
That's awesome! What a neat present!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Kara H
March 7th 05, 05:58 PM
"Jenrose" > wrote:

> I know... <G> Dad also built my laundry system, and Mom sewed all the
> medieval garb for all the people in my wedding... 10 outfits, total, all
in
> silk!

Wowww! Very impressive!!

> I'm so tickled. We were talking about just doing an improvised headboard
and
> side rail for my side of the bed...but when I explained my purpose to dad,
> we both sort of went, "Oh, it should be like this...and this...and
this..."
> and what you see is EXACTLY what I described. I wanted shelves to act as a
> bedside table to extend from the wall to one foot out. I wanted 36 inches
> long of "rail space" extending to 4 feet total from the bed (a crib would
be
> 5 feet and make it very hard to get in and out of bed for me). I wanted
> shelves underneath. I wanted a rail on three sides to prevent roll-out,
and
> a mattress exactly flush with the top of my bed, sized to fit, and
> everything done to all applicable crib standards. So the slat width is
> within spec, the finish is 100% pure tung oil, etc. etc. The height is not
> crib height, because it's not designed for "unsupervised" use with a baby
> who can pull up at all. It's not meant for unattended sleeping for longer
> than it takes me to pee. And it means that I can keep baby off our memory
> foam if I need to.

Geeez! You really thought of EVERYTHING, didn't you?? Isn't it awesome to be
able to make things custom like that? How rewarding!

> Tell me about it! No, tell this kid about it! You hear that baby? We're
> ready....

Lol!!! Methinks Jenrose needs to go for a verrrrry bumpy car ride. By the
way- I had a girl in my class in gradeschool with the first name of Jen and
last name of Rose. :)

-Kara.

Melania
March 7th 05, 08:46 PM
Jenrose wrote:
> I'm so tickled by this... it's 18 inches wide by 48 inches long, with
> 1 foot of that being shelf/bedside table space. It will sit flush
with
> the bed, and the firm foam mattress with baby vinyl cover (Mom *made*
> the mattress)fits the space so snugly that it doesn't move even when
> the unit is tipped, and overlaps the bed side just enough that it
will
> cover any gap between mattress and cosleeper caused by the bedframe.
> Basically it expands our sleeping space by 18 inches, and provides a
> "no roll off" zone so if I get up to pee, I don't have to worry about
> baby rolling off.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg
>
> Jenrose
> IANIL (I am not in labor...lol)

It's gorgeous! I have the Arm's Reach cosleeper, but it has a lip and
is not fully flush with the mattress. I'm jealous!

Also just wanted to comment on your other post, about the 40 wk (almost
wrote "50 week" . . . ) midwife visit and your general excellent
circumstances - congratulations on everything so far, and it's so nice
to hear how well you are feeling! You sound like you have the best
family and support people anyone could hope for.

Here's looking forward to your (impending, no doubt) birth story!

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Larry McMahan
March 8th 05, 01:42 AM
....piggybacking because the original hasn't arrived yet...

Jenrose,
Can you please post a jpeg of the piece of furniture you describe.
Multiple angles, maybe,

Thanks,
Larry

Kara H > writes:
: "Jenrose" > wrote:

[...]

Emily
March 8th 05, 03:48 AM
Jenrose wrote:
> I'm so tickled by this... it's 18 inches wide by 48 inches long, with
> 1 foot of that being shelf/bedside table space. It will sit flush with
> the bed, and the firm foam mattress with baby vinyl cover (Mom *made*
> the mattress)fits the space so snugly that it doesn't move even when
> the unit is tipped, and overlaps the bed side just enough that it will
> cover any gap between mattress and cosleeper caused by the bedframe.
> Basically it expands our sleeping space by 18 inches, and provides a
> "no roll off" zone so if I get up to pee, I don't have to worry about
> baby rolling off.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg
>
> Jenrose
> IANIL (I am not in labor...lol)

Absolutely gorgeous!

Emily

V.
March 8th 05, 04:47 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110180178.4d3bece71b87586503c367b92d6ad762@t eranews...
> I'm so tickled by this... it's 18 inches wide by 48 inches long, with
> 1 foot of that being shelf/bedside table space. It will sit flush with
> the bed, and the firm foam mattress with baby vinyl cover (Mom *made*
> the mattress)fits the space so snugly that it doesn't move even when
> the unit is tipped, and overlaps the bed side just enough that it will
> cover any gap between mattress and cosleeper caused by the bedframe.
> Basically it expands our sleeping space by 18 inches, and provides a
> "no roll off" zone so if I get up to pee, I don't have to worry about
> baby rolling off.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg
>
> Jenrose
> IANIL (I am not in labor...lol)

Fabulous! I second Larry's request....could you post pics of multiple
angles? Throw in dimensions too if you want. :) My dad also makes
furniture and I'd love to give him info about it for when I have a baby, if
ever.
The quality and workmanship is impressive...I hope you find a way to thank
your dad and let him know how special he is! We have to keep these
woodworking dad's happy!
Amy
ttc#1

NotMyRealName
March 8th 05, 04:54 AM
Wow, that is awesome!

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 3

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110180178.4d3bece71b87586503c367b92d6ad762@t eranews...
> I'm so tickled by this... it's 18 inches wide by 48 inches long, with
> 1 foot of that being shelf/bedside table space. It will sit flush with
> the bed, and the firm foam mattress with baby vinyl cover (Mom *made*
> the mattress)fits the space so snugly that it doesn't move even when
> the unit is tipped, and overlaps the bed side just enough that it will
> cover any gap between mattress and cosleeper caused by the bedframe.
> Basically it expands our sleeping space by 18 inches, and provides a
> "no roll off" zone so if I get up to pee, I don't have to worry about
> baby rolling off.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg
>
> Jenrose
> IANIL (I am not in labor...lol)

Kelly
March 8th 05, 05:56 AM
Wow! That is spectacular. You are very fortunate to have such crafty
parents.

Kelly
mum to 4

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110180178.4d3bece71b87586503c367b92d6ad762@t eranews...
> I'm so tickled by this... it's 18 inches wide by 48 inches long, with
> 1 foot of that being shelf/bedside table space. It will sit flush with
> the bed, and the firm foam mattress with baby vinyl cover (Mom *made*
> the mattress)fits the space so snugly that it doesn't move even when
> the unit is tipped, and overlaps the bed side just enough that it will
> cover any gap between mattress and cosleeper caused by the bedframe.
> Basically it expands our sleeping space by 18 inches, and provides a
> "no roll off" zone so if I get up to pee, I don't have to worry about
> baby rolling off.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg
>
> Jenrose
> IANIL (I am not in labor...lol)

Jenrose
March 8th 05, 09:27 AM
"Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> ...piggybacking because the original hasn't arrived yet...
>
> Jenrose,
> Can you please post a jpeg of the piece of furniture you describe.
> Multiple angles, maybe,

Only have it from one angle right now, but will get multiples when baby is
here:

http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg

Jenrose
March 8th 05, 09:28 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Jenrose wrote:
>> I'm so tickled by this...
>
> Maybe this is what baby has been waiting for... "I can't be born yet,
> I have nowhere to sleep!!"

Oh, I wouldn't have minded a few days with a newborn in the bed with me with
no rail--at that age they sleep in the crook of my arm, swaddled and aren't
"going anywhere". If this had *not* been in the works, we would have gotten
a bedrail already.

Jenrose

Jenrose
March 8th 05, 09:41 AM
"Alley" > wrote in message
>> I know... <G> Dad also built my laundry system,
>
> what is that? do you have a pic? I could do with some organisation in my
> laundry
> Alissa

I don't have a picture right now (and am not going to take one because a.
it's not totally finished and b. it's full of messy laundry right
now...lol!)

But it's astonishingly simple (not as pretty as the cosleeper though).

Two units, side by side. Each unit is sized to easily fit two laundry
baskets end-in (so 24 inches deep by 3 feet wide, IIRC), with 4 shelves
spaced on my side to accept up to 8 laundry baskets and on dh's side to
accomodate his folded clothes on the top two shelves, two laundry baskets
for dirties on the 2nd shelf up from the floor, and shoes on the bottom
shelf.

So he just folds his laundry and stacks it on the shelves. I fold my laundry
and put it into "sorted" baskets... towels in one, underthings/socks in
another, shirts in another, pants in another. I have two "empty" slots for
unsorted clean laundry and the bottom two shelves are for dirty clothes
baskets.

It's made of melamine with pre-drilled peg holes, so most shelves are easily
changeable.

The advantage for me over what we had before?
First of all, I have a fair number of clothes... more of any given type than
will fit in one standard dresser drawer, and my dressers were *NOT*
standard. So I'd have four small drawers full of t-shirts, two medium
drawers full of pants, one full of shorts, two with socks, one with
underwear, two little ones with long sleeved shirts, etc... Laundry basket
is much bigger, but more efficient use of space overall.

Second, I don't seem to have trouble with getting laundry to the point of
clean, and usually get it folded...but getting it put away can sometimes be
a challenge, especially when the drawers were all full. And dh gets sorta
crazy when he's tripping over my clean laundry baskets, and has been known
to wash a basket of clean clothes on occasion.

So this was bowing to the reality of my life as a not-laundry-goddess. If
all else fails, I can put a basket in one of the slots "unsorted, unfolded,
but clean" and it's out of his way and we know it's not dirty clothes.

It takes up the entire wall, floor to almost ceiling (The space on top is
just big enough for those standard Rubbermaid totes that are so ubiquitous),
making that entire wall storage 2-feet-deep. What used to be there? A
dresser about 2 feet square and 6 feet tall, a stack of clean laundry in
various baskets, and a dresser my husband had clothes in but rarely used
(that got converted to "changing table" and moved) and served mostly as a
"catch point" for every bit of "I don't know where it goes" crap that came
into our bedroom.

We will be putting curtains across the front of it to make it look "tidy".
But compared to what we had before, it's a masterful work of organization.
We eliminated, with that, two dresser sets completely from the room, and
three from "our" usage (one ended up as the changing table, as I said.)

Jenrose

Larry McMahan
March 8th 05, 06:06 PM
Jenrose > writes:

: "Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
: ...
:> ...piggybacking because the original hasn't arrived yet...
:>
:> Jenrose,
:> Can you please post a jpeg of the piece of furniture you describe.
:> Multiple angles, maybe,
:>
:>
: Only have it from one angle right now, but will get multiples when baby is
: here:

: http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg

Thanks, I'm having a hard time with the size, the height off the ground
and the size of the mattress. :-)

Larry

Jenrose
March 8th 05, 06:30 PM
> : Only have it from one angle right now, but will get multiples when baby
> is
> : here:
>
> : http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg
>
> Thanks, I'm having a hard time with the size, the height off the ground
> and the size of the mattress. :-)
>
> Larry

Mattress: 18 x 36 (one standard cradle size, but we did a custom mattress
that Mom made, so the foam would be thicker.)
Height off ground at top of mattress: 28 inches (exactly the height of my
bed).

Overall dimensions: approximately 18 inches wide (probably a little wider
given the thickness of the rails) and 4 feet long. The extra "foot" is taken
up by the "bedside table" shelves at the top of the unit--I needed someplace
to put my lamp, CPAP, clock, phone, etc. and this has enclosed shelves for
the medium/small stuff and a top surface for the lamp.

The way we determined the measurements: I lay on my left side at the edge of
the bed. We measured from the wall to my shoulder, which was about 12
inches. Didn't need "bed" above my shoulder height. We measured from my
shoulder to my knee in my "comfort sleeping position"... which was close
enough that we rounded to 36 inches for ease of construction materials. We
measured from the floor to the top of the mattress, and used that as our
"overall" measurement for the height to the top of the mattress, then
figured we'd need 12-13 inches of "rail" above that. The rail is actually
about 18 inches high--the mattress is 5 inches thick, dense foam, so that
leaves 13 inches of rail above the mattress. The shelf unit at the head is
removable, in fact, the whole unit can be unscrewed, taken apart, and
rebuilt as a youth bed, though not a standard size one.

This is totally, 100% a co-sleeper...the rails are to prevent roll-off if I
have to get up to go pee (while dh is in the bed) so I don't have to move
baby in order to do so. I would not leave a child in it unattended--it does
not have a 4th rail option, nor are the sides tall enough to prevent an
unsupervised crawler/climber from getting out.

I did not want a standard crib as my sidecar because the bed's only about 6
feet long and the crib is 5 feet long or close to it, which is just WAY too
bulky (not to mention unnecessarily wide, etc.) I'd never be able to get in
and out of bed that way with our bed as high as it is right now.

Jenrose

Kelly
March 8th 05, 09:17 PM
Jenrose-
Can you wash the foam mattress? A friend of mine gave me a moses basket and
I would really like to wash the foam or replace it (which it seems like I'd
have to make one)

Kelly

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110307079.d385963323be2596ff9b699e4bc1ea69@t eranews...

>> : Only have it from one angle right now, but will get multiples when baby
>> is
>> : here:
>>
>> : http://www.jenrose.com/co-sleeper.jpg
>>
>> Thanks, I'm having a hard time with the size, the height off the ground
>> and the size of the mattress. :-)
>>
>> Larry
>
> Mattress: 18 x 36 (one standard cradle size, but we did a custom mattress
> that Mom made, so the foam would be thicker.)
> Height off ground at top of mattress: 28 inches (exactly the height of my
> bed).
>
> Overall dimensions: approximately 18 inches wide (probably a little wider
> given the thickness of the rails) and 4 feet long. The extra "foot" is
> taken up by the "bedside table" shelves at the top of the unit--I needed
> someplace to put my lamp, CPAP, clock, phone, etc. and this has enclosed
> shelves for the medium/small stuff and a top surface for the lamp.
>
> The way we determined the measurements: I lay on my left side at the edge
> of the bed. We measured from the wall to my shoulder, which was about 12
> inches. Didn't need "bed" above my shoulder height. We measured from my
> shoulder to my knee in my "comfort sleeping position"... which was close
> enough that we rounded to 36 inches for ease of construction materials. We
> measured from the floor to the top of the mattress, and used that as our
> "overall" measurement for the height to the top of the mattress, then
> figured we'd need 12-13 inches of "rail" above that. The rail is actually
> about 18 inches high--the mattress is 5 inches thick, dense foam, so that
> leaves 13 inches of rail above the mattress. The shelf unit at the head is
> removable, in fact, the whole unit can be unscrewed, taken apart, and
> rebuilt as a youth bed, though not a standard size one.
>
> This is totally, 100% a co-sleeper...the rails are to prevent roll-off if
> I have to get up to go pee (while dh is in the bed) so I don't have to
> move baby in order to do so. I would not leave a child in it
> unattended--it does not have a 4th rail option, nor are the sides tall
> enough to prevent an unsupervised crawler/climber from getting out.
>
> I did not want a standard crib as my sidecar because the bed's only about
> 6 feet long and the crib is 5 feet long or close to it, which is just WAY
> too bulky (not to mention unnecessarily wide, etc.) I'd never be able to
> get in and out of bed that way with our bed as high as it is right now.
>
> Jenrose

Jamie Clark
March 9th 05, 02:18 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110276644.a5527e43d49326e3d9c26b30b1b0bc8f@t eranews...

> [...]
> clothes.
>
> It takes up the entire wall, floor to almost ceiling (The space on top is
> just big enough for those standard Rubbermaid totes that are so
> ubiquitous), making that entire wall storage 2-feet-deep. What used to be
> there? A dresser about 2 feet square and 6 feet tall, a stack of clean
> laundry in various baskets, and a dresser my husband had clothes in but
> rarely used (that got converted to "changing table" and moved) and served
> mostly as a "catch point" for every bit of "I don't know where it goes"
> crap that came into our bedroom.
>
> We will be putting curtains across the front of it to make it look "tidy".
> But compared to what we had before, it's a masterful work of organization.
> We eliminated, with that, two dresser sets completely from the room, and
> three from "our" usage (one ended up as the changing table, as I said.)

So basically you've built and designed and entire wall sized unit using
laundry baskets as sliding drawers! Cool! I'd love to see a photo of it,
when you've got your clothes neatly organized... : )
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Jenrose
March 9th 05, 06:20 AM

> So basically you've built and designed and entire wall sized unit using
> laundry baskets as sliding drawers! Cool! I'd love to see a photo of it,
> when you've got your clothes neatly organized... : )
> --

'zactly. Much better than leaving piles of clean laundry in baskets for dh
to trip over and dump into the piles of dirty laundry that missed the
baskets.

Jenrose

Jenrose
March 9th 05, 06:21 AM
"Kelly" > wrote in message
> Jenrose-
> Can you wash the foam mattress? A friend of mine gave me a moses basket
> and I would really like to wash the foam or replace it (which it seems
> like I'd have to make one)

She covered it with baby vinyl, just like a regular crib mattress. Wipes
clean.

But you can buy replacement pads for Moses baskets online... just google
"Moses basket mattress" and see what pops up.

Jenrose

Kelly
March 10th 05, 04:54 AM
Will do to prevent mildew!

Kelly

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110349363.d21de54f88bf63f0d2cab2ad657da843@t eranews...

> "Kelly" > wrote in message
>> Jenrose-
>> Can you wash the foam mattress? A friend of mine gave me a moses basket
>> and I would really like to wash the foam or replace it (which it seems
>> like I'd have to make one)
>>

> She covered it with baby vinyl, just like a regular crib mattress. Wipes
> clean.
>
> But you can buy replacement pads for Moses baskets online... just google
> "Moses basket mattress" and see what pops up.
>
> Jenrose

Buzzy Bee
March 14th 05, 02:19 PM
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:41:34 +0900, "Anne Rogers"
> wrote:

>I want I want I WANT!
>
>We managed quite nicely last time with the moses basket right next to the
>bed, but the baby was lower than I was, so it wasn't quite so convenient, it
>wouldn't be worth trying to do anythig different this time, we had the baby
>in our room for about 4 months and I expect we will do similar again.

Not as nice as Jenrose's, but I have a (borrowed) Mothercare bedside
cot, which I love!

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7th May 2003, 17 hours. http://seoras.farr-montgomery.com