PDA

View Full Version : I think I felt the baby move!

March 8th 05, 04:58 PM
I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and it
made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as soon
as I realized what was happening...

Just thought I'd share. It was pretty cool.

Amy

Shelley
March 8th 05, 05:08 PM
Thats great. I remember earlier in my pregancy thinking "was that a
movement or was I just imagining things". In a little while there will
be no mistaking it and then you can watch your tummy go for jabs and
rolls.

Shelley
mom to Jacob (3 yo)
edd mar 30/05

March 8th 05, 05:13 PM
Shelley wrote:
> Thats great. I remember earlier in my pregancy thinking "was that a
> movement or was I just imagining things". In a little while there
will
> be no mistaking it and then you can watch your tummy go for jabs and
> rolls.

My husband's a black belt. I sure hope that this baby doesn't take
after him in terms of athletic ability, or I'll have internal bruising
until s/he's in college!!! :)

Amy

Andrea S
March 8th 05, 05:16 PM
> wrote in message ...

> I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
> morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and it
> made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as soon
> as I realized what was happening...
>
> Just thought I'd share. It was pretty cool.
>
> Amy

Aw that's such an amazing feeling. Once I have felt that I lay flat on the
bed and watch my skin on my abdomen, if you watch for long enough you see
the tiny kicks and your skin jumps up and down.

Andrea (UK) mom of 5 and edd 14th October.

Emily
March 8th 05, 05:48 PM
wrote:
> I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
> morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and it
> made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as soon
> as I realized what was happening...
>
> Just thought I'd share. It was pretty cool.
>
> Amy

Yay -- see, it isn't a hoax after all!

Emily

Emily
March 8th 05, 05:48 PM
wrote:

> My husband's a black belt. I sure hope that this baby doesn't take
> after him in terms of athletic ability, or I'll have internal bruising
> until s/he's in college!!! :)

DS kicked the same spot for about the last month... and that's
where they put the contraction monitor. It took a few hours to
figure out that the contraction *monitor* didn't need to be
causing me pain, and when we moved it off that spot, it was
much, much better!

Emily

Melania
March 8th 05, 06:04 PM
wrote:
> I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
> morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and
it
> made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as
soon
> as I realized what was happening...
>
> Just thought I'd share. It was pretty cool.
>
> Amy

Hooray!! Prepare to spend inordinate amounts of time with a goofy grin
on your face because you're being tickled/massaged/poked from within
(at least, that's what I do!).

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

bookers
March 8th 05, 07:38 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
> morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and it
> made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as soon
> as I realized what was happening...
>
> Just thought I'd share. It was pretty cool.
>
> Amy
> ----------------

Thats really cool Amy.

I can remember feeling that and being so happy that I could finally keep an
eye on how my baby was doing, well not an eye but you can keep track of
feelings during the day.

Chanelle

Kat and bump
March 8th 05, 10:13 PM
I remember when I first felt movement it was amazing. So happy for you. Wait
till you get further into the pregnany it is even more amazing mine kicks
and punhes now and I am sore near my rib cage.

Kat

no1 edd 22nd May

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
> morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and it
> made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as soon
> as I realized what was happening...
>
> Just thought I'd share. It was pretty cool.
>
> Amy

Wildwookie
March 8th 05, 10:39 PM
Hi Amy

I can still remember that feeling, it's such a unique and wonderful
thing. Just wait till you can feel/see it outside too and you can
share. Both me & DH would be sat there with goofy grins on our
faces....

Denise
DS 12 Feb 05

On 8 Mar 2005 08:58:02 -0800, "
> wrote:

>I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
>morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and it
>made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as soon
>as I realized what was happening...
>
>Just thought I'd share. It was pretty cool.
>
>Amy

Anne Rogers
March 8th 05, 11:46 PM
> I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
> morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and it
> made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as soon
> as I realized what was happening...

cool :-)

Cuddlefish
March 9th 05, 12:35 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
> morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and it
> made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as soon
> as I realized what was happening...
>
> Just thought I'd share. It was pretty cool.
>
> Amy

I was 16.5 weeks too when I felt my little one move too! It is such a cool
feeling, and you definitely know it when it happens! :-) From my u/s
yesterday, it is clear my placenta is at the back, so there is nothing
cushioning those kicks, which is why they are so easy to feel! Thank you for
sharing your super cool news!
--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

Child
March 9th 05, 01:17 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
| I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
| morning!! It felt like someone was tickling me from the inside, and it
| made my whole abdomen tense up. Of course, it promptly stopped as soon
| as I realized what was happening...

<vbg> sneaky kid already - as soon as you THINK s/he might be doing
something s/he stops!

Irrational Number
March 9th 05, 04:44 AM
wrote:

> I'm 16 weeks, 6 days, and I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move this
> morning!!

Isn't it cool? It's like getting secret
messages all day that no one else can see.

-- Anita --

Sue
March 9th 05, 12:36 PM
Yeah!! Now that's something positive happening. :o)
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

oups.com...