PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Gastaldo corrects BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY

Todd Gastaldo
March 9th 05, 08:18 PM
DR. GASTALDO CORRECTS BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY

Prefatory note: Oregon Attorney General Hardy Myers and Disneyland DA Tony
Rackauckas, please see the very end of this post.

PREGNANT WOMEN: By using semisitting and dorsal delivery positions, OBs are
closing birth canals up to 30%. It is easy for you to allow your birth
canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30% - just roll onto your side as you push
your baby out. BEWARE THOUGH: Some OBs will let you "try" alternative
delivery positions but will move you back to semisitting or dorsal (close
your birth canal the "extra" up to 30%) for the actual delivery.

Open Letter (archived for global access at http://groups.google.com)

Susan Standring, PhD, DSc
Editor-in-Chief
BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY
39th edition, 2005
King's College London
London UK

Susan,

Obstetricians are closing birth canals up to 30%.

Obstetricians are KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when
babies get stuck.

See the Four OB Lies below.

With birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%...

Obstetricians pull on babies' spines - sometimes so hard they rip spinal
nerves out of tiny spinal cords.

Some babies die - some babies get paralyzed - most "only" have their spines
gruesomely wrenched.

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal senselessly closed
up to 30%.

Obstetricians are also slicing vaginas/abdomens en masse -
surgically/fraudulently inferring they are doing/have done everything
possible to OPEN birth canals - even as they close birth canals the "extra"
up to 30%.

Susan, you write in your Preface to the 39th edition, 2005 of the BRITISH
GRAY'S ANATOMY:

"...I have no doubt that eagle-eyed readers will alert me to any errors that
may have slipped [through] undetected..." (p. vii)

Errors in the 2005 BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY help to perpetuate the bizarre
obstetric behavior discussed above and in the Four OB Lies below.

I actually notified BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY (by phone and by letter) years
ago - back when I asked WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS to publish the correct at-term
pelvic biomechanics.

Years ago (1993), WILLIAMS OBSTETRICS published what I requested - but left
the "dorsal widens" bald lie in their text. See The Four OB Lies below.

Unfortunately the BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY editor with whom I corresponded
years ago suddenly died and the errors were never corrected in GRAY'S.

Hopefully they can now be corrected....along with others I've noted below.

MY REMARKS....

BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY, Chapter 105 (Editor: Thomas Ind, MD MRCOG)...

IS...MAY...

"The result [of softening of the pubic symphysis and sacoiliac joints]...IS
an increase in pelvic diameter, which is of benefit at the time of labour
(pp. 1349-50)...Rotation of the sacrum at the sacroiliac joint MAY increase
the diameter of the pelvic outlet. (p. 1350)" (Emphasis added)

DR. GASTALDO REMARKS: The increase in pelvic diameter, of course, is
maximized by the uterine and abdominal musculature using the baby's skull as
an entering wedge. Rotation of the sacrum at the sacroiliac joint DOES
increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet - up to 30% according to
radiographic studies.

BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY, Chapter 105 (Editor: Thomas Ind, MD MRCOG)...

"Many factors affect the progress of labour, including...the size of the
maternal bony pelvis...and the extent to which THE BABY'S [SKULL] will mould
to the shape of the pelvis." (p. 1351) (Emphasis added)

DR. GASTALDO REMARKS: WHAT?! Why only mention moulding of the baby's
skull? Why not also mention moulding of the maternal bony pelvis and the
fact that medicine's two most common delivery positions - semisitting and
dorsal - place the woman on her sacrum and thereby CLOSE the maternal bony
pelvis - the pelvic outlet - up to 30%?

BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY, Chapter 111 (Critical reviewer: Thomas Ind, MD
MRCOG)...

"The [pelvic] outlet is...not rigid in its posterior half, being limited by
ligaments and the coccyx, all slightly yielding. Even with the sacrum taken
as the posterior midline limit (more reliable for measurement), there MAY be
SLIGHT mobility at the sacroiliac joints." p. 1429) (Emphasis added)

DR. GASTALDO REMARKS: At-term there is MASSIVE sacroiliac mobility in some
pregnant persons.

BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY, Chapter 111 (Critical reviewer: Thomas Ind, MD
MRCOG)...

"The plane of greatest pelvic dimensions is an obstetric concept....The
plane of LEAST dimensions is said to be at midpelvic level. Its transverse
diameter is between the apices of the ischial spines...Not surprisingly,
most difficulty in parturition occurs here." (p. 1429) (Emphasis added)

DR. GASTALDO REMARKS: No doubt difficulty in parturition occurs at
midpelvic level - at the plane of least dimensions - but don't forget
difficulty caused at the PELVIC OUTLET by obstetricians closing the pelvic
outlet up to 30%. The smallest diameter of the baby's head passing through
the smallest pelvic diameter (between the ischial spines) orients the baby's
head such that its anterior-posterior/AP diameter - its LARGEST diameter
passes through the anterior-posterior/AP diameter of the pelvic outlet which
is the largest diameter of the pelvic outlet. Meanwhile OBs senselessly
diminish the AP pelvic outlet diameter - sometimes massively!

BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY, Chapter 111 (Critical reviewer: Thomas Ind, MD
MRCOG)...

"The above measurements...[are] not possible without radiologic
techniques..." (p. 1429)

DR. GASTALDO REMARKS: A key pelvic outlet diameter - the anterior-posterior
pelvic outlet diameter - can reportedly be measured accurately, clinically;
indeed a MASSIVE change in pelvic outlet diameter - 4 cm of sacral tip
excursion in one woman (!) - was measured clinically and reported in 1911 by
J. Whitridge Williams, MD of Johns Hopkins here in the colonies. Later,
Williams' average clinical measurements were verified radiographically.

Which brings me finally to The Four OB Lies...

THE FOUR OB LIES

OB LIE #1. After MASSIVE change in the AP pelvic outlet diameter was
clinically demonstrated in 1911 and radiographically demonstrated in 1957,
the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that pelvic
diamaters DON'T CHANGE at delivery.

OB LIE #2. After Ohlsen pointed out in 1973 that pelvic diameters DO
change - the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that
their most frequent delivery position - dorsal - widens the outlet.

OB LIE #3. After I pointed out in 1992 that dorsal CLOSES - and so does
semisitting - the authors of Williams Obstetrics - put the correct
biomechanics in their 1993 edition - but kept in their text (in the same
paragraph!) - the dorsal widens bald lie that first called my attention to
their text...

OB LIE #4. OBs are actually KEEPING birth canals closed when babies get
stuck - and claiming they are doing everything to allow the birth canal open
maximally. (ACOG Shoulder Dystocia video - also forceps and vacuum births
are performed with the mother in lithotomy.)

See Make birth better: Dan Rather, before you leave CBS...

I noted some of the OB lies in an Open Letter to the FTC years ago...
http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/part2ftc.html

RELEVANT AMA PRINCIPLES OF MEDICAL ETHICS....

"[AMA physician[s] shall...strive to expose those physicians...who engage in
fraud or deception."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...seek changes in those requirements which are
contrary to the best interests of the patient."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...make relevant information available to patients,
colleagues, and the public..."
http://www.psych.org/psych_pract/ethics/ethics_opinions53101.cfm

OTHER PHYSICIAN FRAUD AND DECEPTION

Physicians are engaging in other fraud and deception - for example
fraudulently promoting their vaccinations as being 100% effective as they
(in effect) deny massive numbers of babies massive numbers of free daily
immunizations.

See Breasts as doctors (also: Medical Veritas)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/df325ac661f5807f

(My thanks to MEDICAL VERITAS Editor-in-Chief Gary S. Goldman, PhD for
stimulating me to write "Breasts as doctors," just cited.)

Physicians are also temporarily asphyxiating babies and robbing massive
amounts of blood volume from them (up to 50%). The medical euphemism for
this obvious medical crime is "immediate cord clamping."

See Homebirth (also: AMA: Is it illegal for OBs to lie?)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/0af4b794f643ec2f

(My thanks to Donna Young - www.lotusbirth.com - for calling my attention to
the immediate cord clamping child abuse.)

As I've often noted, I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. As
medical students, MDs are TRAINED to perform the obvious felonies discussed
above.

Susan, since physicians are not striving to expose the fraud and deception,
I am hoping that editors of the BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY will spread the word
and make relevant changes in the next edition.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon, USA

PS How cool! A BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY anatomist teaching at a
chiropracitic college!

Copied to:

Patricia Collins, PhD
Theme Editor (Embryology)
BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY
39th edition, 2005
Associate Professor of Anatomy
Anglo-European College of Chiropractic
Bournebouth, UK

Patricia Collins, PhD, I will also send this to you via the staff at the
AECC-affiliated:

INSTITUTE FOR MUSCULOSKELETAL RESEARCH & CLINICAL IMPLEMENTATION/IMRCI.

Pat, I emailed much of this info to IMRCI Director Alan Breen, DC, PhD.

Apparently, Alan didn't receive my email or didn't perceive it to be
important.

Copied to:

Alan Breen DC PhD
(Director)

Jennifer Langworthy MPhil
(Senior Research Fellow)

Jill Sutherland
(Audit Analyst)

Jane Baker
(Secretary)

Fiona Mellor BSc(Hons)
(Research Radiographer)

Michelle Carrington BSc DC FCC
(Visiting Research Fellow)

Steven Vogel DO
(Visiting Research Fellow)

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon, USA

Copied also to: Gary S. Goldman, PhD, Editor-in-Chief, MEDICAL VERITAS and
Donna Young

And copied to: OREGON ATTORNEY GENERAL HARDY MYERS and Disneyland DA Tony
Rackauckas

Hardy and Tony: It's time to stop the massive amounts of (sometimes fatal)
child abuse being committed by medical physicians.

Women should not have to ASK for the "extra" up to 30% of room for their
babies - nor should they have to ask for the "extra" up to 50% of blood for
their babies.

Most women don't even KNOW to ask! MDs are violating their own stated
ethics. See the AMA Principles of Medical Ethics quoted above.

Again, I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. As medical students,
MDs are TRAINED to perform these obvious felonies.

This Open Letter to BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY Editor-in-Chief Susan Standring,
PhD, DSc will be archived for global acess in the Google usenet archive.

Search http://groups.google.com for "Dr. Gastaldo corrects BRITISH GRAY'S
ANATOMY"