PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...what's going on here?

Kerry J. Renaissance-McAdams
March 10th 05, 09:59 PM
I removed my Mirena in January, and had what appeared to be a normal
period shortly thereafter.

Since then, nothing. However, I'm also not feeling pregnant. No
smell sensitivity, no noticeable changes. I'm used to having long
cycles now; last time around when we were TTC, they averaged 40 days.
However, this is now on the 60th day, which seems a bit excessive even
to me. BBT has been above the coverline since Feb. 3rd. I've run
three HTPs, and they all were negative.

I've started taking Synthroid, for my thyroid. I'm wondering if that
could effect the situation much. Or if this is a side effect of the
hormones from the Mirena, and if I should just wait for them to clear
out of my system. Or call my Dr. for a blood test, since the pee
tests aren't turning anything up.

Any ideas/advice? Anyone with similar experiences?
-- Kerry

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 05:16 AM
"Kerry J. Renaissance-McAdams" > wrote in
message ...
>I removed my Mirena in January, and had what appeared to be a normal
> period shortly thereafter.

I got a heavier than normal period about 3 weeks after having the mirena
out, then got pg, lost it, got pg again. But I don't have thyroid issues,
apparantly.

Jenrose