--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -- Milton
Berle

March 11th 05, 05:21 AM
i usually love avacado, and early in my pg I bought 3 of them, and they
ended up sitting around till the rotted. I found out after that that
they are actually poisonous to many animals, so I could see why the
pregnant palate might be a little leary of avacados.

KC

arachne
March 11th 05, 07:00 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>i usually love avacado, and early in my pg I bought 3 of them, and they
> ended up sitting around till the rotted. I found out after that that
> they are actually poisonous to many animals, so I could see why the
> pregnant palate might be a little leary of avacados.

wow. i didn't know they were poisonous to some animals. luckily i used the
last one today & i only have a half sitting in the fridge. looks like DH
will have avo on his sandwich tomorrow.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -- Milton
Berle

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 07:28 AM
"arachne" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>i usually love avacado, and early in my pg I bought 3 of them, and they
>> ended up sitting around till the rotted. I found out after that that
>> they are actually poisonous to many animals, so I could see why the
>> pregnant palate might be a little leary of avacados.
>
> wow. i didn't know they were poisonous to some animals. luckily i used the
> last one today & i only have a half sitting in the fridge. looks like DH
> will have avo on his sandwich tomorrow.

Just because they're poisonous to some animals doesn't mean they're bad for
humans. Heck, chocolate is poisonous for dogs and downright healthy in
moderation for humans. Avocado has tasted *so* good to me lately. They've
got a lot of good fats and vitamins in them.

Jenrose

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 05:02 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>i usually love avacado, and early in my pg I bought 3 of them, and they
> ended up sitting around till the rotted. I found out after that that
> they are actually poisonous to many animals, so I could see why the
> pregnant palate might be a little leary of avacados.

" The avocado fruit's flesh is safe to eat. However, the seeds and skin of
the fruit and the leaves and bark of the tree are poisonous to cattle,
horses, goats, rabbits and other animals."

Sounds like not something to worry about... (not that you should eat it if
it doesn't sound good, but it's not dangerous.)
Jenrose

arachne
March 12th 05, 05:04 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110556639.a59eefa69bbfbd82acd4e702e9d767d3@t eranews...

> "arachne" > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>>i usually love avacado, and early in my pg I bought 3 of them, and they
>>> ended up sitting around till the rotted. I found out after that that
>>> they are actually poisonous to many animals, so I could see why the
>>> pregnant palate might be a little leary of avacados.
>>
>> wow. i didn't know they were poisonous to some animals. luckily i used
>> the last one today & i only have a half sitting in the fridge. looks like
>> DH will have avo on his sandwich tomorrow.
>>

> Just because they're poisonous to some animals doesn't mean they're bad
> for humans. Heck, chocolate is poisonous for dogs and downright healthy in
> moderation for humans. Avocado has tasted *so* good to me lately. They've
> got a lot of good fats and vitamins in them.

oh, i didn't mean i would stop eating them because of that. i was just going
to stop because i don't fancy them anymore. but we all had some on our
sandwich today, so i can eat them again. yay!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -- Milton
Berle

Andrea S
March 13th 05, 10:17 AM
"arachne" > wrote in message
>9 weeks today and i woke up not being able to do up any of my ordinary
>skirts. LOL! they are all fitted/slimfit & i was like this with DS at 12
>weeks, so i'm not surprised. it's just funny how you go to bed one size &
>wake up another.
>
> lucky i bought a nice stretchy skirt from ebay the other week. i just
> don't have the energy to sew anything at the moment!
>
> and something must have changed down there as i can't stand avocado or
> mushroom today which is all i felt like eating up until now. now it's
> potato i'm hankering for.
>
> i wonder what next week will bring????
> --
> elizabeth (in australia)
> DS 20th august 2002
> #2 due 14th october 2005

Same here. I have been wearing maternity jeans for a couple of weeks now.
None of my usual size jeans would do up, and if I wear tight things it makes
my m/s worse. My midwife came out last week and my first US will be at 12
weeks. I am not worried about the peanut, because the amount of
sickness/nausea I am suffering must mean he/she is ok!

Andrea (UK) mom of 5 and edd 14th October.

arachne
March 13th 05, 12:39 PM
"Andrea S" > wrote in message
k...
> "arachne" > wrote in message
>>9 weeks today and i woke up not being able to do up any of my ordinary
>>skirts. LOL! they are all fitted/slimfit & i was like this with DS at 12
>>weeks, so i'm not surprised. it's just funny how you go to bed one size &
>>wake up another.
>>
>> lucky i bought a nice stretchy skirt from ebay the other week. i just
>> don't have the energy to sew anything at the moment!
>>
>> and something must have changed down there as i can't stand avocado or
>> mushroom today which is all i felt like eating up until now. now it's
>> potato i'm hankering for.
>>
>> i wonder what next week will bring????
>> --
>> elizabeth (in australia)
>> DS 20th august 2002
>> #2 due 14th october 2005
>
> Same here. I have been wearing maternity jeans for a couple of weeks now.
> None of my usual size jeans would do up, and if I wear tight things it
> makes my m/s worse. My midwife came out last week and my first US will be
> at 12 weeks. I am not worried about the peanut, because the amount of
> sickness/nausea I am suffering must mean he/she is ok!

it's good to know i'm not the only one! anyone who knows me would guess i'm
pregnant know, i usually have a very flat tummy & now it's definitely not!
it's funny, we didn't really want to tell many people in the first
trimester, but it's amazing how many people i knew asked "so, when are you
having another?" & i had to tell them i was pregnant.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -- Milton
Berle

Andrea S
March 13th 05, 05:43 PM
"arachne" wrote in message ...

> "Andrea S" wrote in message
>> "arachne" wrote in message
>>>9 weeks today and i woke up not being able to do up any of my ordinary
>>>skirts. LOL! they are all fitted/slimfit & i was like this with DS at 12
>>>weeks, so i'm not surprised. it's just funny how you go to bed one size &
>>>wake up another.
>>>
>>> lucky i bought a nice stretchy skirt from ebay the other week. i just
>>> don't have the energy to sew anything at the moment!
>>>
>>> and something must have changed down there as i can't stand avocado or
>>> mushroom today which is all i felt like eating up until now. now it's
>>> potato i'm hankering for.
>>>
>>> i wonder what next week will bring????
>>> --
>>> elizabeth (in australia)
>>> DS 20th august 2002
>>> #2 due 14th october 2005
>>
>> Same here. I have been wearing maternity jeans for a couple of weeks now.
>> None of my usual size jeans would do up, and if I wear tight things it
>> makes my m/s worse. My midwife came out last week and my first US will
>> be at 12 weeks. I am not worried about the peanut, because the amount of
>> sickness/nausea I am suffering must mean he/she is ok!
>>

> it's good to know i'm not the only one! anyone who knows me would guess
> i'm pregnant know, i usually have a very flat tummy & now it's definitely
> not!
> it's funny, we didn't really want to tell many people in the first
> trimester, but it's amazing how many people i knew asked "so, when are you
> having another?" & i had to tell them i was pregnant.
> --
> elizabeth (in australia)
> DS 20th august 2002
> #2 due 14th october 2005

I was at my sons school play, and two women were having a conversation about
not having too many children. One of them turned to me and said "I think she
is mad having another, would you have any more?" I told her, "Actually, I am
pregnant with my 6th". Her face was a picture.

I am quite house- bound at the moment, with the sickness. I drove my kids to
school, and had to to get back quick to vomit!
Also the other day while driving the kids home from school I had a migraine
attack and lost 80% of my vision at the wheel - that was scary!

When my DH asked for another baby I told him not till I have passed my
driving test, which I passed in December... now I am not so sure it matters
with all the nausea!

Andrea (UK) mom of 5 and edd 14th October

Jenrose
March 14th 05, 07:37 PM
"Joybelle" > wrote in message

> "arachne" > wrote in message
>> 9 weeks today and i woke up not being able to do up any of my ordinary
>> skirts. LOL! they are all fitted/slimfit & i was like this with DS at 12
>> weeks, so i'm not surprised. it's just funny how you go to bed one size &
>> wake up another.
>
> Sometimes I worry I don't even have a baby! I'm almost 12 weeks, and my
> regular clothes fit no problem. But then again, I don't wear anything
> fitted or slimfit! How fun that you popped out overnight! :)

I've got "regular" clothes that STILL fit me at 41 weeks. Stretch velvet,
but still...
Jenrose

Joybelle
March 14th 05, 07:58 PM
"arachne" > wrote in message
> 9 weeks today and i woke up not being able to do up any of my ordinary
> skirts. LOL! they are all fitted/slimfit & i was like this with DS at 12
> weeks, so i'm not surprised. it's just funny how you go to bed one size &
> wake up another.

Sometimes I worry I don't even have a baby! I'm almost 12 weeks, and my
regular clothes fit no problem. But then again, I don't wear anything
fitted or slimfit! How fun that you popped out overnight! :)

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

arachne
March 14th 05, 11:14 PM
"Andrea S" > wrote in message
. uk...

> I was at my sons school play, and two women were having a conversation
> about not having too many children. One of them turned to me and said "I
> think she is mad having another, would you have any more?" I told her,
> "Actually, I am pregnant with my 6th". Her face was a picture.
>
> I am quite house- bound at the moment, with the sickness. I drove my kids
> to school, and had to to get back quick to vomit!
> Also the other day while driving the kids home from school I had a
> migraine attack and lost 80% of my vision at the wheel - that was scary!
>
> When my DH asked for another baby I told him not till I have passed my
> driving test, which I passed in December... now I am not so sure it
> matters with all the nausea!

oh scary about the driving. i hope that passes quickly for you. my nausea
has eased a little these past few days. worries me when it starts to go.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110831063.aef3929eed12227afdafb16217ef3d4d@t eranews...

> "Joybelle" > wrote in message
>>
>> "arachne" > wrote in message
>>> 9 weeks today and i woke up not being able to do up any of my ordinary
>>> skirts. LOL! they are all fitted/slimfit & i was like this with DS at 12
>>> weeks, so i'm not surprised. it's just funny how you go to bed one size
>>> &
>>> wake up another.
>>
>> Sometimes I worry I don't even have a baby! I'm almost 12 weeks, and my
>> regular clothes fit no problem. But then again, I don't wear anything
>> fitted or slimfit! How fun that you popped out overnight! :)
>
> I've got "regular" clothes that STILL fit me at 41 weeks. Stretch velvet,
> but still...

i've seen the pics! you definitely look pregnant!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -- Milton
Berle

Jenrose
March 15th 05, 01:17 AM

>> I've got "regular" clothes that STILL fit me at 41 weeks. Stretch velvet,
>> but still...
>
> i've seen the pics! you definitely look pregnant!

The funny thing though is that my boobs have grown so much that if I suck my
gut in really hard, the boobs "win" the race. With dd, someone came up and
hugged me at 8 1/2 months and asked what I was doing with my life... I
looked down and said, "You just hugged it."

It took her a minute to figure it out. I was wearing all black,
non-maternity clothes, but still...8 1/2 months....

Jenrose

Melania
March 15th 05, 02:13 AM
arachne wrote:
> "Andrea S" > wrote in message
> k...
> > "arachne" > wrote in message
> >>9 weeks today and i woke up not being able to do up any of my
ordinary
> >>skirts. LOL! they are all fitted/slimfit & i was like this with DS
at 12
> >>weeks, so i'm not surprised. it's just funny how you go to bed one
size &
> >>wake up another.
> >>
> >> lucky i bought a nice stretchy skirt from ebay the other week. i
just
> >> don't have the energy to sew anything at the moment!
> >>
> >> and something must have changed down there as i can't stand
avocado or
> >> mushroom today which is all i felt like eating up until now. now
it's
> >> potato i'm hankering for.
> >>
> >> i wonder what next week will bring????
> >> --
> >> elizabeth (in australia)
> >> DS 20th august 2002
> >> #2 due 14th october 2005
> >
> > Same here. I have been wearing maternity jeans for a couple of
weeks now.
> > None of my usual size jeans would do up, and if I wear tight things
it
> > makes my m/s worse. My midwife came out last week and my first US
will be
> > at 12 weeks. I am not worried about the peanut, because the amount
of
> > sickness/nausea I am suffering must mean he/she is ok!
> >

> it's good to know i'm not the only one! anyone who knows me would
guess i'm
> pregnant know, i usually have a very flat tummy & now it's definitely
not!
> it's funny, we didn't really want to tell many people in the first
> trimester, but it's amazing how many people i knew asked "so, when
are you
> having another?" & i had to tell them i was pregnant.

Well, I'm 30 weeks and have a big basketball tummy. No mistaking it for
anything else. I was on a crowded bus with dh and ds yesterday, and I
was standing next to a woman with a 6 mo baby in a stroller, with whom
I'd struck up a conversation. An elderly man smiled, looked at me, and
said "oh, she's so cute!" I agreed that she was. Then he asked her
name, and the mom replied, and he looked at me and said, "I thought it
was *your* baby!"

Um, I don't work *that* fast!

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

March 15th 05, 09:01 AM
Jenrose wrote:

> >> I've got "regular" clothes that STILL fit me at 41 weeks. Stretch
velvet,
> >> but still...
> >
> > i've seen the pics! you definitely look pregnant!
>
> The funny thing though is that my boobs have grown so much that if I
suck my
> gut in really hard, the boobs "win" the race. With dd, someone came
up and
> hugged me at 8 1/2 months and asked what I was doing with my life...
> looked down and said, "You just hugged it."
>
> It took her a minute to figure it out. I was wearing all black,
> non-maternity clothes, but still...8 1/2 months....
>
> Jenrose

That's so how it was for me with my first pg. Boobs were the reason
for me too. With subsequent pgs though my belly just keeps getting
bigger and bigger each time, so there's no mistaking I'm pg this time.

KC

Joybelle
March 15th 05, 11:09 PM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110831063.aef3929eed12227afdafb16217ef3d4d@t eranews...

> "Joybelle" > wrote in message

> > Sometimes I worry I don't even have a baby! I'm almost 12 weeks, and my
> > regular clothes fit no problem. But then again, I don't wear anything
> > fitted or slimfit! How fun that you popped out overnight! :)
>
> I've got "regular" clothes that STILL fit me at 41 weeks. Stretch velvet,
> but still...

Oh, yeah, I certainly had some "regular" clothes that fit me at 41 weeks,
but I guess the fact that I'm still wearing my jeans (not low-riders) and
some tighter shirts quite comfortably, and more comfortably than before I
was pg, seems weird.

I have a picture of me a week before I birthed my first in this darling
sweater dress that was not maternity. I really don't like most of the
maternity dresses I had, so I think most of the time I wore a "regular"
dress that would stretch to fit. That is, when I wore a dress...
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01