PDA

View Full Version : Belly pics...

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 06:23 AM
Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the stretch marks
are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.

http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0185.jpg

http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0187.jpg

http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0200.jpg

Jenrose

Tori M.
March 11th 05, 06:52 AM
Your so pretty! not what I thought you looked like but who is?

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/02
Xavier 10/04

Goal 1- lose 20 lbs By May 1st
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110522226.b51e6b7544ecaefc19889279ffeccde4@t eranews...
> Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the stretch
> marks are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0185.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0187.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0200.jpg
>
> Jenrose

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 06:59 AM
"Tori M." > wrote in message
> Your so pretty! not what I thought you looked like but who is?

Aww, thanks. :)

Jenrose

arachne
March 11th 05, 07:02 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110522226.b51e6b7544ecaefc19889279ffeccde4@t eranews...
> Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the stretch
> marks are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0185.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0187.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0200.jpg

i love seeing belly pics. you look great!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -- Milton
Berle

Mamma Mia
March 11th 05, 07:07 AM
so i see you are SNIL!

(still not in labour)

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110522226.b51e6b7544ecaefc19889279ffeccde4@t eranews...
> Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the stretch
> marks are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0185.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0187.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0200.jpg
>
> Jenrose

Jamie Clark
March 11th 05, 07:09 AM
You look great, Jenrose!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110522226.b51e6b7544ecaefc19889279ffeccde4@t eranews...
> Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the stretch
> marks are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0185.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0187.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0200.jpg
>
> Jenrose

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 07:24 AM
"Mamma Mia" > wrote in message
u...
> so i see you are SNIL!
>
> (still not in labour)

Not only that, but DH got all stupid and brave and told me that I should
wait to have the baby until Saturday evening or after. Because he has
appointments tomorrow and there's an all-you-can-eat crab and oyster feed
for his masonic lodge Saturday.

We don't fight often. We did fight about the Saturday thing. He was very
upset that I wanted to actively do things to nudge myself into labor
Saturday even if it meant him missing the crab feed. The argument ended with
me saying, "What, like I don't give you enough crab already?"

He did wise up...asked my dad if I went into labor on Saturday and he had to
miss the crab feed, if Dad would make crab and oysters for him sometime in
the following week.

I just don't think he comprehends right now the emotional impact of someone
asking me to be pregnant for 2 1/2 more days. Even if I *am* pregnant for 2
1/2 more days, you really don't want to be the one asking me to wait right
now...

Jenrose

Mamma Mia
March 11th 05, 10:26 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110525900.fed36e6460e0d00172b3b98accf5046e@t eranews...

> "Mamma Mia" > wrote in message
> u...
>> so i see you are SNIL!
>>
>> (still not in labour)
>>

> Not only that, but DH got all stupid and brave and told me that I should
> wait to have the baby until Saturday evening or after. Because he has
> appointments tomorrow and there's an all-you-can-eat crab and oyster feed
> for his masonic lodge Saturday.
>
> We don't fight often. We did fight about the Saturday thing. He was very
> upset that I wanted to actively do things to nudge myself into labor
> Saturday even if it meant him missing the crab feed. The argument ended
> with me saying, "What, like I don't give you enough crab already?"
>
> He did wise up...asked my dad if I went into labor on Saturday and he had
> to miss the crab feed, if Dad would make crab and oysters for him sometime
> in the following week.
>
> I just don't think he comprehends right now the emotional impact of
> someone asking me to be pregnant for 2 1/2 more days. Even if I *am*
> pregnant for 2 1/2 more days, you really don't want to be the one asking
> me to wait right now...
>
> Jenrose

i am laughing and crying for you at the same time...... :) :(

chris

Leslie
March 11th 05, 01:16 PM
Nice! I "reused" my stretch marks too. Got the worst of them with #3
and never any since.

Leslie

March 11th 05, 02:01 PM
Jenrose wrote:
> Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the
stretch marks
> are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.

You look great! So happy!! I'll bet you'll look even happier with a
baby in your arms!

Amy

March 11th 05, 02:06 PM
Jenrose wrote:

> Not only that, but DH got all stupid and brave and told me that I
should
> wait to have the baby until Saturday evening or after. Because he has

> appointments tomorrow and there's an all-you-can-eat crab and oyster
feed
> for his masonic lodge Saturday.

HAHAHAHA!!! Well, as long as it's something *important*! Pfft...

I would've said, "Oh, sure. I'll just cross my legs all weekend and
hold this baby in, because CLEARLY your appointments and your seafood
are more important than my comfort and my sanity." I've always liked
sarcasm...

Ooooh... Wait, I would've said, "Well, if you were planning on being
busy this weekend, you should've thought of that before YOU knocked me
up 40 weeks ago!!!" Hahaha...

Who am I kidding, I never think of these things on my feet.

Honestly, though, I hope you made him bring you flowers and jewelry
before you let him have a moment's peace. I think you should have the
baby on Saturday just to spite him.

Amy

Melania
March 11th 05, 03:20 PM
Jenrose wrote:
> Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the
stretch marks
> are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0185.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0187.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0200.jpg
>
> Jenrose

You look lovely, and so happy! (somehow, I'd pictured you with short
hair . . . )

I'm hoping between all the stretch marks from when I was 14yo, and the
wealth of stretch marks from preg #1, I'll get away with few-to-none
this time.

Sending "it's okay to come out now!!" vibes to your tenant,

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Shelley
March 11th 05, 03:25 PM
Those are nice pictures. I still haven't taken any pregnancy pictures
with this one yet. I need to get cracking or all I may end up with is
pictures of a flabby after baby belly.

Shelley
mom to Jacob (3 yo)
edd mar 30/05

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 03:52 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Jenrose wrote:
>
>> Not only that, but DH got all stupid and brave and told me that I
> should
>> wait to have the baby until Saturday evening or after. Because he has
>
>> appointments tomorrow and there's an all-you-can-eat crab and oyster
> feed
>> for his masonic lodge Saturday.
>
> HAHAHAHA!!! Well, as long as it's something *important*! Pfft...

<eyeroll>
Yeah.

> I would've said, "Oh, sure. I'll just cross my legs all weekend and
> hold this baby in, because CLEARLY your appointments and your seafood
> are more important than my comfort and my sanity." I've always liked
> sarcasm...

The appointments, yes... he's sole practitioner and the office was *slow*
for 2 months already and he's getting a bunch of new clients in which we
NEED right now. He's been mostly great about being home as much as possible
this month, so I was willing to not "push" things last night (you know, the
usual, nip stim, nookie, etc...) so he could go do the office thing today.
But the lodge thing... it's not even that it's a lodge event, it's that it's
all-you-can-eat seafood. UGH.

> Ooooh... Wait, I would've said, "Well, if you were planning on being
> busy this weekend, you should've thought of that before YOU knocked me
> up 40 weeks ago!!!" Hahaha...

He made noises about, "Given a choice between waiting a day and not, you
WANT to do the thing that will cause me the most distress."

I think my answer was something along the lines, "And you're asking me to be
pregnant an extra day. At 41 weeks. THAT is just about unforgivable."

> Who am I kidding, I never think of these things on my feet.
>
> Honestly, though, I hope you made him bring you flowers and jewelry
> before you let him have a moment's peace. I think you should have the
> baby on Saturday just to spite him.

Flowers and jewelry I could care less about. The fact that he actually *did*
find an alternative way to get his seafood if necessary goes a long way
toward fixing it. I mean, he's been great most of the time... so when every
once in a while he does something boneheaded like this, it catches me off
guard. I do try not to wallow too much in sulking about this sort of thing
if he "fixes" it reasonably promptly.

But yeah, I'd still just as soon have the baby on Saturday as not.

Jenrose

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 03:55 PM
"Melania" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Jenrose wrote:
>> Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the
> stretch marks
>> are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.
>>
>> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0185.jpg
>>
>> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0187.jpg
>>
>> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0200.jpg
>>
>> Jenrose
>
> You look lovely, and so happy! (somehow, I'd pictured you with short
> hair . . . )

I look goofy with short hair. It's really curly, and if it's shorter than
chin length (and sometimes even at chin length) if I run my fingers through
it it will poof up in a remarkable shape. This is actually pretty short for
me--I often have hair close to waist-length but cut it shorter at some point
when I was feeling rotten and not having the energy to detangle it every
day.

> I'm hoping between all the stretch marks from when I was 14yo, and the
> wealth of stretch marks from preg #1, I'll get away with few-to-none
> this time.

They're like pleats....lol!
Jenrose

Plissken
March 11th 05, 04:46 PM
Shelley > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Those are nice pictures. I still haven't taken any pregnancy pictures
> with this one yet. I need to get cracking or all I may end up with is
> pictures of a flabby after baby belly.

Isn't that the way with second pregnancies?! With #1 we took belly pics
every month and had the belly cast done at 38 weeks. With my last one the
night my water broke we said "sh*t, better get a belly pic! Damn didn't get
a belly cast done!" Then took some last minute pictures and in record time
did a belly cast.

Jenrose
March 11th 05, 04:59 PM
"Plissken" > wrote in message

> Shelley > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Those are nice pictures. I still haven't taken any pregnancy pictures
>> with this one yet. I need to get cracking or all I may end up with is
>> pictures of a flabby after baby belly.
>
> Isn't that the way with second pregnancies?! With #1 we took belly pics
> every month and had the belly cast done at 38 weeks. With my last one the
> night my water broke we said "sh*t, better get a belly pic! Damn didn't
> get
> a belly cast done!" Then took some last minute pictures and in record time
> did a belly cast.

LOL! I have like *one* belly pic from my pg with my dd, no cast. Got this
cast done at 36 weeks and have a few pictures--though it's frustrating
because I *love* taking pg pictures...of other people...but no one in the
family is quite as much of a shutterbug as I am, except maybe dad, and I'm
not having HIM do the belly-boob shots I'd dearly love to have.

Jenrose

Kelly
March 11th 05, 05:57 PM
neat pics! The background of the last pic is so cool-really a nice contrast
with the black dress and your hair. Pretty! Is it a wall or painted
canvas?

kelly

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110522226.b51e6b7544ecaefc19889279ffeccde4@t eranews...
> Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the stretch
> marks are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0185.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0187.jpg
>
> http://www.jenrose.com/PICT0200.jpg
>
> Jenrose

Kelly
March 11th 05, 05:59 PM
Dh's can be such DH's (deadheads) Mine did the same-however, I was wanting
to hold out a few more days, but to have someone *tell* you to or request.
Sheesh.

I like your crab comment ;)

Kelly

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110525900.fed36e6460e0d00172b3b98accf5046e@t eranews...

> "Mamma Mia" > wrote in message
> u...
>> so i see you are SNIL!
>>
>> (still not in labour)
>>

> Not only that, but DH got all stupid and brave and told me that I should
> wait to have the baby until Saturday evening or after. Because he has
> appointments tomorrow and there's an all-you-can-eat crab and oyster feed
> for his masonic lodge Saturday.
>
> We don't fight often. We did fight about the Saturday thing. He was very
> upset that I wanted to actively do things to nudge myself into labor
> Saturday even if it meant him missing the crab feed. The argument ended
> with me saying, "What, like I don't give you enough crab already?"
>
> He did wise up...asked my dad if I went into labor on Saturday and he had
> to miss the crab feed, if Dad would make crab and oysters for him sometime
> in the following week.
>
> I just don't think he comprehends right now the emotional impact of
> someone asking me to be pregnant for 2 1/2 more days. Even if I *am*
> pregnant for 2 1/2 more days, you really don't want to be the one asking
> me to wait right now...
>
> Jenrose

Kelly
March 11th 05, 06:02 PM
I think that if you made it to the seafood feed (which sounds gross at
41+weeks pg) your water will break right there and he'll have a plate full
of crab and oysters and a bib on then get this stupid look on his face.
Next thing you know you'll be heading home with a plate of seafood in the
car so he "doesn't miss out" on the chow ;)

Kelly

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110556639.6ce83756824eda910ba6c28e4cf445e2@t eranews...

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Jenrose wrote:
>>
>>> Not only that, but DH got all stupid and brave and told me that I
>> should
>>> wait to have the baby until Saturday evening or after. Because he has
>>
>>> appointments tomorrow and there's an all-you-can-eat crab and oyster
>> feed
>>> for his masonic lodge Saturday.
>>
>> HAHAHAHA!!! Well, as long as it's something *important*! Pfft...
>>
> <eyeroll>
> Yeah.
>
>> I would've said, "Oh, sure. I'll just cross my legs all weekend and
>> hold this baby in, because CLEARLY your appointments and your seafood
>> are more important than my comfort and my sanity." I've always liked
>> sarcasm...
>>
> The appointments, yes... he's sole practitioner and the office was *slow*
> for 2 months already and he's getting a bunch of new clients in which we
> NEED right now. He's been mostly great about being home as much as
> possible this month, so I was willing to not "push" things last night (you
> know, the usual, nip stim, nookie, etc...) so he could go do the office
> thing today. But the lodge thing... it's not even that it's a lodge event,
> it's that it's all-you-can-eat seafood. UGH.
>

>> Ooooh... Wait, I would've said, "Well, if you were planning on being
>> busy this weekend, you should've thought of that before YOU knocked me
>> up 40 weeks ago!!!" Hahaha...
>>

> He made noises about, "Given a choice between waiting a day and not, you
> WANT to do the thing that will cause me the most distress."
>
> I think my answer was something along the lines, "And you're asking me to
> be pregnant an extra day. At 41 weeks. THAT is just about unforgivable."
>

>> Who am I kidding, I never think of these things on my feet.
>>
>> Honestly, though, I hope you made him bring you flowers and jewelry
>> before you let him have a moment's peace. I think you should have the
>> baby on Saturday just to spite him.
>>
> Flowers and jewelry I could care less about. The fact that he actually
> *did* find an alternative way to get his seafood if necessary goes a long
> way toward fixing it. I mean, he's been great most of the time... so when
> every once in a while he does something boneheaded like this, it catches
> me off guard. I do try not to wallow too much in sulking about this sort
> of thing if he "fixes" it reasonably promptly.
>
> But yeah, I'd still just as soon have the baby on Saturday as not.
>
> Jenrose

Child
March 11th 05, 06:59 PM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
| We don't fight often. We did fight about the Saturday thing. He was very
| upset that I wanted to actively do things to nudge myself into labor
| Saturday even if it meant him missing the crab feed. The argument ended
with
| me saying, "What, like I don't give you enough crab already?"

Great comeback! Especially considering your state!

Jenrose
March 12th 05, 06:47 AM
"Kelly" > wrote in message
> neat pics! The background of the last pic is so cool-really a nice
> contrast with the black dress and your hair. Pretty! Is it a wall or
> painted canvas?

That's the wall in my retreat room. I have one wall painted that way (was
meant to be reminiscent of guatamalan fabric) and another wall faux finished
to look like old red bookleather. The other two walls are white, but when
everything's "tidy", they're covered with babyslings in a huge variety of
fabrics. Has the advantage of making a great space for photography because
of the two painted walls working as "backdrops".

I love faux finishing--have little use for plain painting, just not fun for
me. The wall in my computer room (3 white walls, one painted) is a luminous
dark blue that I painted by squashing an old brush against the wall, so it's
a "cloudy" dark/light blue all over...but before I did so, I used masking
tape to do this huge swirly stylized lighting, only curves, not jaggy...
then painted over, removed the tape, so it's this bold white pattern against
an almost moroccan sort of blue... from the knee down, it's a green with
masked white "plants" coming up from the floor. When I do this sort of
thing, I just grab paint buckets and go... very therapeutic. I did the two
walls in the retreat room shortly after we moved in, and the wall in the
computer room after my miscarriage. It's one thing I kind of miss having the
energy for--I really enjoy painting that way.

I like the last pic best, artistically... <g>
Jenrose

Catherine C.
March 12th 05, 03:50 PM
Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing! :)

Kelly
March 14th 05, 05:39 AM
Ahhh, very cool. I love paint-too. So easy to fix if you don't like it, or
you want a change. I'd love to see pics of your other walls (if you have
pics, or the time to post)

Kelly
#4 2/15/05

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110610447.ce846ef02a0bd89a68b05a0c7796f0d9@t eranews...

> "Kelly" > wrote in message
>> neat pics! The background of the last pic is so cool-really a nice
>> contrast with the black dress and your hair. Pretty! Is it a wall or
>> painted canvas?
>>

> That's the wall in my retreat room. I have one wall painted that way (was
> meant to be reminiscent of guatamalan fabric) and another wall faux
> finished to look like old red bookleather. The other two walls are white,
> but when everything's "tidy", they're covered with babyslings in a huge
> variety of fabrics. Has the advantage of making a great space for
> photography because of the two painted walls working as "backdrops".
>
> I love faux finishing--have little use for plain painting, just not fun
> for me. The wall in my computer room (3 white walls, one painted) is a
> luminous dark blue that I painted by squashing an old brush against the
> wall, so it's a "cloudy" dark/light blue all over...but before I did so, I
> used masking tape to do this huge swirly stylized lighting, only curves,
> not jaggy... then painted over, removed the tape, so it's this bold white
> pattern against an almost moroccan sort of blue... from the knee down,
> it's a green with masked white "plants" coming up from the floor. When I
> do this sort of thing, I just grab paint buckets and go... very
> therapeutic. I did the two walls in the retreat room shortly after we
> moved in, and the wall in the computer room after my miscarriage. It's one
> thing I kind of miss having the energy for--I really enjoy painting that
> way.
>
> I like the last pic best, artistically... <g>
> Jenrose

Joybelle
March 14th 05, 08:05 PM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1110522226.b51e6b7544ecaefc19889279ffeccde4@t eranews...
> Midwife took these about a month ago, at 36 weeks. None of the stretch
marks
> are from *this* pregnancy, oddly enough.

You look lovely!
--
Joy

Rose 1-99