PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh weekend getaway

Emily
March 11th 05, 05:16 PM
Hi folks,

Woke up this morning feeling nauseous. Also a headache
since last night. I'm nearly 15w, so I don't think this
is m/s anymore, but I hope it gets better soon, because
we have wonderful plans for this weekend...

We're going to pick DS up from daycare early (lunchtime)
and take him out to my mom. He's going to stay with her
(and my step-dad, grandma and SIL, all of whom he loves)
for two nights, while DH and I take a vacation in our
own city. We're going to stay at a very nice boutique
kind of hotel downtown, see a basketball game tonight (DH's
team is in town), *not* bring our computers, relax
and be together. Oh, and did I mention that one of the
amenities available at the hotel is an in-room pregnancy
massage? Just scheduled one!

So, I really hope I don't feel rotten all weekend.

Another fun twist on this is that I gave my students a take-home
final, due Monday evening, and then had to warn them that
I will be off-line most of the weekend. But, I sent this
warning when I assigned the final last Monday, so really they've
had plenty of time to email me questions.

Emily
--
DS 5/02
EDD Labor Day 9/5/05

Melania
March 11th 05, 08:17 PM
Emily wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Woke up this morning feeling nauseous. Also a headache
> since last night. I'm nearly 15w, so I don't think this
> is m/s anymore, but I hope it gets better soon, because
> we have wonderful plans for this weekend...
>
> We're going to pick DS up from daycare early (lunchtime)
> and take him out to my mom. He's going to stay with her
> (and my step-dad, grandma and SIL, all of whom he loves)
> for two nights, while DH and I take a vacation in our
> own city.

We did this with #1 and are hoping to do it again this time around. It
is sooo nice to do!

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Todd Gastaldo
March 11th 05, 11:23 PM
> Oh, and did I mention that one of the
> amenities available at the hotel is an in-room pregnancy
> massage? Just scheduled one!

Cool!

EVERYONE needs good massage! Not just pregnant ladies!

Todd

Emily
March 14th 05, 06:27 PM
Joybelle wrote:
> Sounds like fun!! I hope you had a wonderful time!! My hubby and I are
> heading out this coming weekend , and I'm looking so forward to it. I hope
> you didn't feel ill.

It was *great*. Totally relaxing, and fun. I think I was feeling
off in the morning on Friday because I overdid it on Thursday. I
was fine the whole weekend. And DS had a great time with Grandma,
so guilt free!

We're going to try to do it at least once more before the new baby
comes, though maybe not in such high style. (The hotel was very nice,
and accordingly pricy, though less now that it will be next month
or over the summer.)

Emily
--
DS 5/02
EDD Labor Day 9/5/05

Joybelle
March 14th 05, 08:09 PM
"Emily" > wrote in message
> Hi folks,
>
> Woke up this morning feeling nauseous. Also a headache
> since last night. I'm nearly 15w, so I don't think this
> is m/s anymore, but I hope it gets better soon, because
> we have wonderful plans for this weekend...
>
> We're going to pick DS up from daycare early (lunchtime)
> and take him out to my mom. He's going to stay with her
> (and my step-dad, grandma and SIL, all of whom he loves)
> for two nights, while DH and I take a vacation in our
> own city. We're going to stay at a very nice boutique
> kind of hotel downtown, see a basketball game tonight (DH's
> team is in town), *not* bring our computers, relax
> and be together. Oh, and did I mention that one of the
> amenities available at the hotel is an in-room pregnancy
> massage? Just scheduled one!
>
> So, I really hope I don't feel rotten all weekend.

Sounds like fun!! I hope you had a wonderful time!! My hubby and I are
heading out this coming weekend , and I'm looking so forward to it. I hope
you didn't feel ill.

--
Joy

Rose 1-99