PDA

View Full Version : been offline

Anne Rogers
March 13th 05, 12:55 PM
We had thunder on Thursday and it managed to take out my laptop :-(. I
had a very brief look at the group on Friday and again today,
definitely some posts I want to reply to, but I'm using DH's work
computer, so I need to be quick. I honestly expected a birth
announcement from Jenrose when I checked in just now, I'm crossing my
fingers for you, it WILL happen soon!

I had a check up on Friday, everything seems to be fine, I said I was
concerned about the size of the baby (I'm definitely smaller this time
than I was with Nathanael and he was small too), but the OB said it
was fine, though I wasn't overly confident with that as he didn't
palpatate my uterus, or measure the fundal height. However I'm not too
concerned as it's obviously not extreemly small, so there wouldn't be
any need to actually do anything. I managed to forget to ask about the
number of contractions I have been having, they are mostly painfree
which doesn't worry me, but I have had 2 attacks in the last week of
painful ones lasting 2-3 hours with each contraction being around a
minute, which does worry me slightly. However I'm ok with having not
mentioned this, as we are going on holiday on Tuesday and I think any
risk is really very low, so I'd rather not have a doctor saying I
shouldn't go!

The current plan is to return to England when I am 35 weeks, the
airline requires a doctors note after 32 weeks, which at the moment
there should be no problem with, I've not got another check up
scheduled before then and I expect those 3 weeks will be quite nerve
racking for me.

I'm still planning a home water birth, using the bradley method, we've
been practicing and I'm really noticing how much better I am at
relaxing myself I really feel this is going to be the way for me to
deal with contractions.

My laptop should be fixed tomorrow, so hopefully I will get a huge
session of replying to posts.

Cheers

Anne

Todd Gastaldo
March 13th 05, 03:56 PM
BRADLEY METHOD

"Anne Rogers" > wrote
<snip>
I'm still planning a home water birth, using the bradley method, we've
> been practicing and I'm really noticing how much better I am at
> relaxing myself I really feel this is going to be the way for me to
> deal with contractions.

Just a quick note: Anne already knows this so...

For women who may not know - the Bradley "classic" - semisitting - closes
the birth canal up to 30%.

Semisitting and dorsal (medicine's most common delivery positons) close the
birth canal up to 30%.

Most all other delivery positions allow the birth canal to OPEN the "extra"
up to 30%.

See Dr. Gastaldo corrects BRITISH GRAY'S ANATOMY...
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/44c2b0485b369c81

Todd

PS1 Anne sorry to hear that the thunder storm got your computer - glad to
see you back posting.

PS2 If anyone has the current Bradley Method Student Workbook, I'm
interested to know whether it still pictures semisitting and calls it the
"Bradley Classic."

Andrea S
March 13th 05, 05:33 PM
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message...

> We had thunder on Thursday and it managed to take out my laptop :-(. I
> had a very brief look at the group on Friday and again today,
> definitely some posts I want to reply to, but I'm using DH's work
> computer, so I need to be quick. I honestly expected a birth
> announcement from Jenrose when I checked in just now, I'm crossing my
> fingers for you, it WILL happen soon!
>
> I had a check up on Friday, everything seems to be fine, I said I was
> concerned about the size of the baby (I'm definitely smaller this time
> than I was with Nathanael and he was small too), but the OB said it
> was fine, though I wasn't overly confident with that as he didn't
> palpatate my uterus, or measure the fundal height. However I'm not too
> concerned as it's obviously not extreemly small, so there wouldn't be
> any need to actually do anything. I managed to forget to ask about the
> number of contractions I have been having, they are mostly painfree
> which doesn't worry me, but I have had 2 attacks in the last week of
> painful ones lasting 2-3 hours with each contraction being around a
> minute, which does worry me slightly. However I'm ok with having not
> mentioned this, as we are going on holiday on Tuesday and I think any
> risk is really very low, so I'd rather not have a doctor saying I
> shouldn't go!
>
> The current plan is to return to England when I am 35 weeks, the
> airline requires a doctors note after 32 weeks, which at the moment
> there should be no problem with, I've not got another check up
> scheduled before then and I expect those 3 weeks will be quite nerve
> racking for me.
>
> I'm still planning a home water birth, using the bradley method, we've
> been practicing and I'm really noticing how much better I am at
> relaxing myself I really feel this is going to be the way for me to
> deal with contractions.
>
> My laptop should be fixed tomorrow, so hopefully I will get a huge
> session of replying to posts.
>
> Cheers
>
> Anne

Hi Anne,

You seem to have it all worked out - I wish I had. I always plan on being
mobile during labour, but end up on the bed flat on my back when I have hit
5cms. That's because it hurts more being mobile because contractions are
more effective. My midwife said 15+ hours is pretty poor for a 5th baby.
Water also makes the pain feel worse for me, even though the idea of a water
birth appeals.

What is the Bradley Method?

I was thinking about you today Re postnatal depression, I am already feeling
down and am wondering about going on meds as soon as the baby is born. Do
you have any plans?

I am feeling down mostly because I feel sick/am sick all day, also none of
my jeans fit and I am only 9 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your laptop, I hope you are covered by insurance. Some
companies class it as a 'natural disaster' to avoid paying out.

Andrea (UK) mom of 5 and EDD 14th October.

Anne Rogers
March 14th 05, 02:44 PM
> What is the Bradley Method?

it's a method of natural childbirth that focuses on deep relaxation and on
the husband coaching the wife, unfortunately the main books on it have a
slightly nuts way of doing the 2nd stage as although they recognise the need
for opening the pelvis, they've managed to forget about the tailbone. It
doesn't focus on being active once serious labour hits, that would disrupt
the deep relaxation.

> I was thinking about you today Re postnatal depression, I am already
feeling
> down and am wondering about going on meds as soon as the baby is born. Do
> you have any plans?

I'm actually still on meds from last time, my psychiatrist knew I was going
to TTC and he was happy with me taking a reduced dose, I sort of wanted to
come off it completely around Christmas, but he really didn't want me to do
that, though I am feeling very well right now, so it seems a bit silly, but
apparently you should be as long on the when you are well as you were when
you were ill. I know he has ideas for after the birth and as I remain under
his care there will be no delay having to go through my GP. I am also
planning to hire a postpartum doula, I'll have to take a loan or so
something, but not getting PPD or it not being so bad is definitely worth
it.

> I am feeling down mostly because I feel sick/am sick all day, also none of
> my jeans fit and I am only 9 weeks.

that's a bummer, I didn't have much sickness in the 1st trimester, but 16-24
weeks were horrible, no idea why, but I had loads of vomitting.

> Sorry to hear about your laptop, I hope you are covered by insurance. Some
> companies class it as a 'natural disaster' to avoid paying out.

not sure whether I am covered or not, but this kind of thing is cheap in
Korea, so we have barely paid over what our excess would be, so there is no
point in claiming.

Anne