PDA

View Full Version : Daye's post: Mom will like it!

Todd Gastaldo
March 13th 05, 08:48 PM
DAYE'S POST: MOM WILL LIKE IT!

I just found this on google - still hasn't appeared on my newsreader...

Daye wrote:
Hello there Todd...

I am sorry that I have been absent. My illness is making my life
difficult. I am doing better, but as you all know, Post Natal
Depression sucks.

Anyway, I wanted to comment on something you said in the thread
entitled " Dagny's bravery (also: 'Mad woman' - LOL!)":

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/d462519da13f0224?d

You said and I quote:

"I have GOT to mention here some precious things to me: Daye publicly
defending me as a "Champion" (I hope she does not regret doing that
now)..."

I don't regret it. I stand firmly behind my statement. Todd, you are
a Champion. You are trying to make things better for babies. That is
a noble cause, and you are fighting the good fight.

Now, we still need to work with getting your message across better,
but I still believe that you are a Champion. Don't let anyone tell
you different.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/2629e8a4f91fcab7

Daye,

Thanks for saying "we" - but if I shoot myself in the foot - I know exactly
who's shooting - ME! LOL!

Mom is going to like your post!

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Your friend,

Todd

PS1 You saying that I am a Champion - well - I am so honored. (I am reminded
of the animation Shrek - where the Princess calls Donkey a "steed." Donkey
(Eddie Murphy) happily exclaims: "She call me a steed!")

Anyway, thanks Daye. Glad to hear you are a bit better - and welcome back.

PS2 Because of you, I looked into Post Natal Depression.

See Birth psychiatry ('Baby Blues': Are OBs causing some cases?)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/a80bd4f5d81d70de

I can only imagine what you and other women are living through.

I suspect that your educational efforts are having a good effect - helping
many women.

Keep up the good work.

Daye
March 14th 05, 07:31 AM
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:48:10 GMT, "Todd Gastaldo"
> wrote:

>Thanks for saying "we" - but if I shoot myself in the foot - I know exactly
>who's shooting - ME! LOL!

Well, you are doing better. I have been paying attention to your
posts. :)

>Mom is going to like your post!

I got to tell you Todd: that is so sweet. It really tickles me that
you forward my posts to your mother. I bet your mother rocks.

>PS1 You saying that I am a Champion - well - I am so honored. (I am reminded
>of the animation Shrek - where the Princess calls Donkey a "steed." Donkey
>(Eddie Murphy) happily exclaims: "She call me a steed!")

I love this mental image, and I am glad that you are honored by the
well deserved compliment.

>Anyway, thanks Daye. Glad to hear you are a bit better - and welcome back.

Thank you, Todd!!

>PS2 Because of you, I looked into Post Natal Depression.
>
>See Birth psychiatry ('Baby Blues': Are OBs causing some cases?)
>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/a80bd4f5d81d70de

I did read through that. I might have another read because I don't
remember what you wrote.

>I can only imagine what you and other women are living through.
>
>I suspect that your educational efforts are having a good effect - helping
>many women.
>
>Keep up the good work.

Thank you again, Todd. You keep up the good work too. That reminds
me that I need to post about my story again. New woman to share the
warnings of Post Natal Depression with. I wouldn't wish it on anyone
here, but I would like them to know what to look for if it happens to
them.

--
Daye
Mommy to DD3 and DS1