PDA

View Full Version : March 05 Where's Everyone At (Pregnancy Version)

SuperEeyore
March 14th 05, 03:56 PM
How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

Are you craving anything?

Do you have or had morning sickness?

Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
differently?

If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
it be?

What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your ribs?

Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

Laurel
--
Birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02

March 14th 05, 04:37 PM
SuperEeyore wrote:
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

17.5 weeks. Excited and nervous. I keep thinking, "I'll be less
worried when..." (I pass through the first trimester, I get through the
20 week ultrasound, etc.) but I'm still waiting for someone to pull the
rug out from under me. I guess I'm a pessimist.

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or
are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

I've felt a couple of little scratches from inside, but nothing that
could be called a kick. I wish it was more. I'm looking forward to
the time when I feel the baby all the time. It shouldn't be long.

> Are you swelling?

Thankfully, no!

> Are your feet changing sizes?

Not yet.

> Do you rings still fit?

Yep.

> Or if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut
feeling?

My stomach is definitely hard. I'm showing a little, but not so much
that someone who didn't know me would know that I'm pregnant - they'd
just think I'd been eating too much!

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

I never have.

> Are you craving anything?

Fruit. Pizza (still, but I'm tryng to rope it in).

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

Only if I wait too long before eating, but that strikes any time of the
day.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly?

DH is a sweetheart. He kisses the baby goodnight. He's been very
gentle toward me, and he doesn't let me lift anything or open doors for
myself.

> Are you pets acting differently?

The cat's too busy holding us hostage for cookies (we do NOT negotiate
with terrorists!), and the dog smells me more often, but I may just be
noticing it more because I'm protective of my belly.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would
> it be?

I'd love to get rid of the fatigue... It causes all sorts of other
issues (moodiness, headaches, etc.).

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

I really like my doctor's appointments, I find them very reassuring.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

Nope. And if they do, I'm going to pat their belly right back! Ha! I
could singlehandly stop belly abuse!! :) I plan to say, "Well, this
is an unusual way of shaking hands, where are you from?"

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in
your ribs?

The first movement was the coolest...

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Surprise.

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Not yet.

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

Not at all!!

Amy

Shelley
March 14th 05, 04:37 PM
How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?
- 37 weeks, 5 days.

Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are
you
the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?
- Most definately seeing movement. My poor sister, who has never had a
child and has so desparately wanted to feel this baby move finally got
do so on Friday night. I like feeling movement.

Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit?
Or
if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut
feeling?
- Was swelling and could barely get my rings off but it has gone down
some now. Wierdest thing is now the tops of my feet, where the
swelling was most prominent, feel like they are bruised.

Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?
- No

Are you craving anything?
- Just chocolate, but that's normal.

Do you have or had morning sickness?
- Had some but fairly mild.

Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
differently?
- Not really.

If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would
it be?
- No back aches.

What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?
- I can't help but feel like part of a special club when I am pregnant.
I want the world to know and like the feeling special. Kind of like
your wedding day.

Are people just patting your belly like it or not?
- No

What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
ribs?
- Lately, I could swear I can feel little fingers or something.
Instead of just foot jabs and rolls I sometimes feel little jabs, like
its a small hand.

Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?
- Strawberry

Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?
- Most definately. I have so much I want to do but I end up paying for
it the next day because my back kills me. Yesterday, DH and I put
together a new dressor and rearranged some furniture so accomodate new
baby. I've been buying things and packing my baby and labour bags. I
also made my own baby book based on DS's complete with a fabric covered
front and back (it turned out very well if I must say so myself.)

Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?
- Yes, it's very similar to my first pregnancy.

Shelley
mom to Jacob (3 yo)
edd mar 30/05

SuperEeyore
March 14th 05, 04:39 PM
SuperEeyore wrote:
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

18 weeks and 1 day. I have really been enjoying each day of this pregnancy,
not taking the experience forgranted like my first pregnancy. This week
someone new is growing eyebrows aparently!

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or
> are you the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

I'm definately feeling movement, and every so often this one part of my
belly starts rippling outward. Dh gets the most movement though, anytime he
puts his hand to my belly someone new goes insanely happy. Very bizarre if
I do say so myself. I like movement, but I am so not thrilled at the
rippling and shifting of the buldges...

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still
> fit? Or if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the
> gut feeling?

My boobs grew. My largest bra used to fit with a bit of ropy cup syndrome,
but last week I noticed that the cup is fully filled now. I guess my boobs
want to keep up a bit with my bump.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

I'm not a big belly sleeper, but I probably couldn't.

> Are you craving anything?

Homecooked foods from my parent's house.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

No, I was spared. But I did have a bad time with heartburn for a few days.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?

Dh thinks it is great that someone new only moves on his hand reliably. My
daughter says lately that I have a baby brother or sister in my tummy, when
asked which is it, she says both. =oP My cat is trying to hatch this
pregnancy out just like last pregnancy.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
> would it be?

The severe heartburn episodes.

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Just the excitement of getting to know someone new in utero. I love
learning early personality quirks of my children.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

No. o_O

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in
> your ribs?

When my belly started moving like that scene in Jurrasic Park with the
ripples.

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

supriseberry for now.

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

decluttering and making our apartment much more efficient.

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

Not really, each pregnancy has had it's own variations.

Laurel
--
Birthmom to Bj 4-12-96
mommy to Juliet 4-13-02

Melania
March 14th 05, 04:54 PM
SuperEeyore wrote:
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

Just passed the 30 week mark. Getting stupidly impatient for the baby
to come out, in spite of knowing things will be a lot more peaceful
before that happens, and knowing that I'm really almost there, anyway!

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or
are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

I'm a belly-poker! Not that it's necesary with this one, the little
slam dancer.

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still
fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut
feeling?

Not swelling noticeably.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?
Not even remotely an option.

> Are you craving anything?
An unbroken night of sleep with no toddler jumping on me at 3 am would
be nice.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?
No morning sickness.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets
acting
> differently?
DS is a big love sponge lately - can't get enough cuddles and kisses.
He worships the round belly and big breasts, giggling and dancing with
glee, and running up to smother the tummy with kisses whenever he
happens to see me naked.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would
> it be?
Get rid of the blasted sinus hideousness that has plagued me since the
first trimester.

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?
Something of a particularly intimate nature (*blush*) . . .

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?
Yep, more than last time, for some reason.

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in
your ribs?
I feel like there's a little fist pushing into my right hip socket
through the pelvis - felt it with #1, as well.

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?
??? Is there a chocolate option?

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?
Oh, no nesting!!!

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?
Pretty much. It's not that different from my first.

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Iuil
March 14th 05, 06:13 PM
Warning - this is a bit whiny.

> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

31w4d - I want it over with already.

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

Yes, yes, yes and yes :-).

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

No swelling at all, TG. I'm kind of paranoid about it because of the late
onset PE last time. But then, all the rest with legs up (cos of the SPD) is
probably helping there.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

No and I want to cry about it. I'm a belly sleeper, I cannot sleep on my
back even if propped up. And sleeping on my sides isn't helping my hips and
pelvis at all.

> Are you craving anything?

Not really. I'm not particularly hungry most days anyways. I guess the
main thing I'd crave is protein but that's just my bloodsugar levels acting
up.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

Had no puking at all this time but did have constant low grade nausea until
around 20 weeks.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?

DD is getting quite clingy, especially when DH is around, possibly due to
the fact that I'm physically limited in what I can and can't do and he's
trying to take over things like lifting/carrying/etc.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
> it be?

I'd like to be able to walk, roll over in bed, bend down etc without feeling
like my pelvis and crotch are about to disintigrate.

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

The thought that there's gonna be a little baby at the end of it.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

Only one person, DH's aunt, and she did the same with DD's pg. We don't see
her that often so it's not that bad. Everyone else seems to know better but
Lily is a law unto herself.

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
> ribs?

It had to be when DD blew a sharp note on a whistle and I swear the baby did
the startle (Moro) reflex - I got hit and kicked in about 4 different places
at once! The feet are under my left boob, bumunder the breastbone. This
baby is a lot lower than DD was, which has its pros and cons.

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Yes :-).

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Kind of. I want to start sorting out clothes etc but I need DH to get them
out of the attic first. I have been picking up a few bits and pieces in 0-3
sizes again, just so we have something new for this baby.

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

No. I really didn't expect to be so limited by it, especially since I was
reasonably
active right up to the day before DD was born the last time.

Jean

rangitotogirl
March 14th 05, 07:05 PM
"SuperEeyore" > wrote in message
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?
5 weeks today. Excited, anxious, everything rolled into one.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?
Yup, but these b00bs are a bit uncomfortable.

> Are you craving anything? Do you have or had morning sickness?
No cravings or morning sickness

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?
DH's feeling more tired than I am. I think he's developing couvade
symptoms.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
> it be?
Too early to know yet.

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?
No, not really. I expected to feel tired but I feel great so far. The
excitement has put me on a natural high.

Robyn

Joybelle
March 14th 05, 07:19 PM
"SuperEeyore" > wrote in message
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

11.5 weeks. I'm just trying to enjoy everyday (now that I'm now ill
anymore!) and savor the pregnancy.

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

Nope, not yet. Feeling some stretching.

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

No swelling. I lost weight when I was sick, so everything is actually kind
of loose. Feet are the same size, my ring fits. I'm bloated a little.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

Oh definitely still able to sleep on my belly.

> Are you craving anything?

I really don't like food while I'm pregnant. Eating sucks.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

Well, I thought last week I was having morning sickness, but it turns out it
was part of being sick. So I only puked for a week! This is so dumb, but I
actually feel a little anxious that something is wrong because I'm not
sicker. My first pregnancy I only had mild nausea and threw up twice. She
was born quite healthy, but she had a clubfoot. She was also born with a
dimple on her spine that was determined to not be a problem, but wiht my
second the thought of spina bifida was much more prevalent than the thought
of clubfoot. My second and third pregnancies I definitely had morning
sickness. A lot. They were born quite healthy and no birth defects. I
know it's irrational, but a part of my brain thinks if I feel this good is
somthing going to go all wrong.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?

Argh!!! My three kids are positively ornery! My six year old seems to be
the one who is the most emotional and worked up. My four year old is pretty
happy-go-lucky. The two year old?? Well, he's two. That's all I'm gonna
say! My DH has been too sick, poor thing. He is finally better, and he
really seems to be enjoying my increased libido...lol

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
> it be?

How tired I am. I wish I could get more done, but I'm just too tired to
care too much.

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Well, I'm still pretty early, and half the time it doesn't even feel like I
am, but I guess my favorite part so far is just knowing I am.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

They don't even know yet.

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
ribs?

Gotta wait for that!

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Will be a surpriseberry!

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Never!

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

Well, I actually expected to be sicker, since I was with the last two, but
I'm trying to count my blessings. I'm so sick of having to eat, though.
Blech. I just wish the right food would magically appear and actually fill
me up!
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Paula J
March 14th 05, 11:43 PM
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:56:42 -0800, "SuperEeyore"
> wrote:

>How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

24 weeks today, and thrilled because we're at viability!! With my
history of loss and preterm delivery, it's just a relief to finally be
at the point where this little guy would have a chance if things go
wrong.

>Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
>the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

Feeling and seeing, and I love it! I will stop watching anything on TV
to watch my tummy ripple and bounce :-)

>Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
>if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

Big belly here, but no swelling elsewhere. I'm as close to bedrest as
a mommy of 2yo twins can be, so my feet never have the chance to
swell!

>Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

Definitely no longer an option. I wish, though... my hips are getting
sore from being on my sides.

>Are you craving anything?

Chocolate

>Do you have or had morning sickness?

Had it, over it, thank God!!!

>Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
>differently?

One of my DDs likes to kiss my tummy, and she will pat her own and
talk about the baby. The other one is just clingier than usual.

>If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
>it be?

Right now, I'd just change my history and incompetent cervix diagnosis
so I could be out and about more!

>What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Feeling and seeing the baby move

>Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

Nope, don't get to go anywhere.

>What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your ribs?

I really hate being kicked in the bladder. It doesn't hurt but feels
so odd.

>Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

blueberry -- Noah Daniel

>Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Not allowed to do any housework, but the dust building up on
everything is driving me NUTS

>Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

Yep, pretty much :-)

--
Paula
Mom to Olivia and Cassie (b. 4/8/03 @ 26 weeks)

arachne
March 15th 05, 12:46 AM
"SuperEeyore" > wrote in message
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

9.5 weeks. will be nervous until i hit the 2nd trimester. and then i can
stop counting inhalf weeks. LOL!

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

i swear i have been feeling the occaisional tickle way down low. but 9 weeks
must be too early.

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

i have a little belly. people who don't know me have that look - is she fat,
is she pregnant? people who do know me guess correctly as i usually have a
flat tummy. the rest of me is getting a little thinner and my wedding &
engagement ring is starting to slide off. i am scared i will lose them so i
have to buy one of those spacer things. i am eater to hunger, but i think i
should eat a little more than i do.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

never liked that position.

> Are you craving anything?

yes yes yes. and all stuff i can't have as i am bf DS, he has serious food
allergies & the allergist has me on a strict (healthy) diet to protect #2
which i'd be doing bf or not.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

yes. but constant nausea is being replaced by tiredness thankfully.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?

DS likes to "look at" the bubba. he loves babies & can't wait. he did freak
me out yesterday by saying that the bubba was gone, but he's just repeating
what we told him when i had the m/c.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
> it be?

the nausea.

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

just being pregnant. i'm so happy that i am.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

not at that stage & i hate touching like that so beware if you do!

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
> ribs?

that i swear i have felt a couple of tickles, but like i said.......

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

not allowed any berry. LOL! no but seriously, boy would be good playmate for
DS & girl would be fun to dress up. so healthy baby makes me happy. not
going to find out the sex though - no u/s. going to try out lots of old
wives tales though like the ring above belly thing.

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

nope.

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

yes. but it's so much harder with a toddler!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -- Milton
Berle

CY
March 15th 05, 07:01 AM
"SuperEeyore" > wrote in message
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

Will be 27 weeks on Thursday. Waiting for 28 weeks for the viability age.
I'm freaked out that this pregnancy has gone without incident, and once I
get to 28 wks, I'll feel better!

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

I love it, though this baby moves a LOT. I can both see and feel it, and
it's constant, ALL THE TIME!

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

Not swelling but my feet have grown a whole size. My ring no longer fits.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

Nope, haven't been able to for a long time.

> Are you craving anything?
I craved pickles for a while, but nothing since.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?
No, thank goodness.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?

LOL> Yes, DD is acting very differently, but that is all my fault for not
handling it properly. She's doing much better now. DH is just the same, as
are the dogs, hamster and fish!

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
> it be?

Nothing - it's been a breeze!

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

My growing belly

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

Yes, but I love it!

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
ribs?

The head in the middle of my abdomen. Very odd to feel a breech baby. DD
was head down from at least 20 weeks and stayed that way throughout.

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?
Blueberry

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?
I am, which I find odd. I cleaned my whole house one day and have been very
anxious to get my garage (of all things!) taken care of.

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?
No. Expected it to be much harder. I shouldn't jinx myself though!

March 15th 05, 09:44 AM
SuperEeyore wrote:
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

32 weeks. I feel eager for the birth, but not quite ready for it too.

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or
are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

Lots of movement; love the movement.

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still
fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut
feeling?

I am swelling, and have been for quite some time, but I find if I rest
and drink lots of water the swelling is alot better.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

Not an option.

> Are you craving anything?

Beef. don't buy any other meats at the store right now.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

My m/s in all pg only consists of a little queesiness. I think it
lasted longer this pg, but I think that is only because I now live down
a windy road.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets
acting
> differently?

My dds are very eager for the baby to arrive. I think my youngest, who
acts happy about the baby coming may have a hard time of it when the
baby arrives because whenever I hold other people's babies at playgroup
she cries.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would
> it be?

I would lower my bp and make hip/pelvis/back pain go away. I couldn't
settle for wishing just one symptom away :-)

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

I love that my kids seem so happy about the upcoming arrival.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

No. I think I have a natural standoffish attitude with people because
it is very rare for people to do things like touch me or say unwanted
things. I always hear about it happening to other people, and wonder
what vibes I give off that keep this from happening to me.

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in
your ribs?

It was very wierd at around 28 weeks that the baby who had always
kicked very low suddenly kicked up high by my ribs; dh felt it too. It
was like my uterus shifted up high for awhile. I have never again felt
the baby up that high.

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Surpriseberry, by choice.

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

I was, but now I am trying to take it easier to keep bp down.

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

No, I think this pg has been harder than my other 2; I am feeling
mighty laid up for being only 32 weeks. I think maybe it will be a
bigger baby.

KC

Rivka W
March 15th 05, 01:21 PM
SuperEeyore wrote:
> How far along are you, and how does that make you
> feel?

37 weeks, 2 days. And I am definitely ready for the baby to come any
time now. I'm still kind of nervous about the part where they send us
home from the hospital with an infant, as if they think we'd have any
idea of what to do with one. But mostly I'm excited, and ready to stop
being pregnant.

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or
> are you the type that pokes the belly to get a
> reaction?

Feeling and seeing, definitely. It's very strange to watch my stomach
roll like a boiling pot. I still really enjoy feeling her move - it's
occasionally slightly uncomfortable, but it never actually hurts.

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings
> still fit?

My feet and ankles are swelling some in the evening, but nothing
drastic. Still wearing my rings.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

Hahahahaha! Look at this picture, and you tell me:
http://mysite.verizon.net/rivka5/36_weeks.jpg

> Are you craving anything?

My red meat craving is slightly less than it has been. I still crave
salty things.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

These days I'm having another kind of stomach problem. I have a hiatal
hernia (a little bit of my stomach protrudes up into my esophagus),
which causes heartburn. Now that my stomach is so squashed, it also
causes me to almost-vomit when I cry or have a coughing fit or
something like that. Not very pleasant.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly?

My husband is being an absolute saint. Does that qualify as "oddly"?
He's doing a lot of little things to take care of me.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom
> wise what would it be?

I'm still going to go with the excruciating back pain I had in the
second trimester, which has fortunately been gone for a long time now.

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

It's made me feel so much better about my body - how it looks, and
what it can do.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

Yes. WHY?!

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in
> your ribs?

The strangest was when she wedged herself completely sideways, at a
late enough point in the pregnancy that there *really* wasn't room for
her to do that. Her head was digging into my ribs on one side, and her
feet on the other.

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

A little girl.

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

No, the house is still a pit. :-)

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

To be honest, I thought that pregnancy would be much more
uncomfortable than this. I feel pleasantly surprised.

Rivka
Li'l Critter due 4/3/05

--
Visit my weblog at http://respectfulofotters.blogspot.com

Melania
March 15th 05, 03:24 PM
Rivka W wrote:
> SuperEeyore wrote:
> > How far along are you, and how does that make you
> > feel?
>
> 37 weeks, 2 days. And I am definitely ready for the baby to come any
> time now. I'm still kind of nervous about the part where they send us

> home from the hospital with an infant, as if they think we'd have any

> idea of what to do with one. But mostly I'm excited, and ready to
stop
> being pregnant.
>
> > Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or
> > are you the type that pokes the belly to get a
> > reaction?
>
> Feeling and seeing, definitely. It's very strange to watch my stomach

> roll like a boiling pot. I still really enjoy feeling her move - it's

> occasionally slightly uncomfortable, but it never actually hurts.
>
> > Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings
> > still fit?
>
> My feet and ankles are swelling some in the evening, but nothing
> drastic. Still wearing my rings.
> >
> > Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?
>
> Hahahahaha! Look at this picture, and you tell me:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/rivka5/36_weeks.jpg

You look GREAT!! That is one of the most "I'm so tickled to be having
this baby!" faces I've seen in a while!

Melania

> > Are you craving anything?
>
> My red meat craving is slightly less than it has been. I still crave
> salty things.
>
> > Do you have or had morning sickness?
>
> These days I'm having another kind of stomach problem. I have a
hiatal
> hernia (a little bit of my stomach protrudes up into my esophagus),
> which causes heartburn. Now that my stomach is so squashed, it also
> causes me to almost-vomit when I cry or have a coughing fit or
> something like that. Not very pleasant.
>
> > Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly?
>
> My husband is being an absolute saint. Does that qualify as "oddly"?
> He's doing a lot of little things to take care of me.
>
> > If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom
> > wise what would it be?
>
> I'm still going to go with the excruciating back pain I had in the
> second trimester, which has fortunately been gone for a long time
now.

> > What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?
>
> It's made me feel so much better about my body - how it looks, and
> what it can do.
>
> > Are people just patting your belly like it or not?
>
> Yes. WHY?!
>
> > What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in
> > your ribs?
>
> The strangest was when she wedged herself completely sideways, at a
> late enough point in the pregnancy that there *really* wasn't room
for
> her to do that. Her head was digging into my ribs on one side, and
her
> feet on the other.
>
> > Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?
>
> A little girl.
>
> > Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?
>
> No, the house is still a pit. :-)
>
> > Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?
>
> To be honest, I thought that pregnancy would be much more
> uncomfortable than this. I feel pleasantly surprised.
>
> Rivka
> Li'l Critter due 4/3/05
>
> --
> Visit my weblog at http://respectfulofotters.blogspot.com

Rivka W
March 15th 05, 08:54 PM
Melania wrote:
> Rivka W wrote:
>>> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?
>>
>> Hahahahaha! Look at this picture, and you tell me:
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/rivka5/36_weeks.jpg
>
> You look GREAT!! That is one of the most "I'm so tickled to
> be having this baby!" faces I've seen in a while!

Aw, thanks! That's so nice of you!

I *am* still absolutely delighted, even though the aches and
discomforts have been increasing in the past couple of weeks.

Rivka
Li'l Critter due 4/3/05

Jenn
March 15th 05, 10:47 PM
How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

26 weeks

Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are
you
the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

Feeling and seeing movement now and I'm the type that likes to poke
around lol

Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit?
Or
if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut
feeling?

Oh yeah and I can't seem to find comfortable shoes anymore. As for the
rings well I haven't been able to wear them since my first pregnancy
lol.

Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

I haven't sleeped on my belly since i was 10 weeks.

Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
differently?

DH is more attentive, DD is starting to get a bit more sticky (hope you
know what I mean). My cat well she is her old usual self this time
around, last time she slept on hubby's tummy the whole time. My dog
well he is starting to get more protective of me.

If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what
would
it be?

To have more of a weight gain and to not have the hyperemesis.

What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

To feel him move around

Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

No not really

What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
ribs?

strangest sensation was feeling him rub up against my tummy. Thank
goodness I'm carrying low this time around my DD had her foot in my
right rib from 6 months til birth.

Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?
Strawberry

Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?
Not yet

Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?
Yes and No. Can't really explain.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Alexander Nicholas EDD 6/21/05

Rebecca Jo
March 15th 05, 11:39 PM
"SuperEeyore" > wrote:

> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

Almost 30 weeks. I feel enormous and excited.

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

Lots of movement. Just started being able to see it. I think it's absolutely
amazing. :) :)

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

My right hand seems to swell more than my left hand and it just swells a
tiny bit. The ring that I usually wear on the right hand was getting
uncomfortable so I took it off.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

Hasn't been an option for a long time, sadly.

> Are you craving anything?

Chocolate.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

I had morning sickness at the beginning but not anymore, thank GOODNESS.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?

The cats acted very strangely at the beginning of my pregnancy. They were
both extremely loveydovey all the time. Now they're back to normal.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
> it be?

The achey-tight feeling - I'd like that to go away.

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

feeling the baby move and watching my husband talk to my belly.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

People haven't been touching my belly. I'm an extremely standoffish and shy
person so I think I'll freak out on the first person who does this.

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your
> ribs?

the strangest sensation was probably when the baby was flipping around
entirely and you could feel it on the surface of my belly.

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

surpriseberry.

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Yes. I've been unpacking some boxes we've had lying around since we moved
and doing tons of housework on weekends.

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

It's more achey and uncomfortable than I expected. ;) I'm an idealist.

Rebecca Jo

Chookie
March 16th 05, 11:49 AM
In article >,
"SuperEeyore" > wrote:

> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

30 weeks -- feel like there's ages to go!

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

BTDT. Now I just want Bub to stop elbowing my bladder...

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

Doing well -- the cooler weather helps.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

Hasn't been for ages, but I have worked out a compromise involving a pillow
under my hip.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?

DS is convinced he's getting a sister. We've explained that it's not up to
us, but we'll see.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
> it be?

I could do without the fatigue.

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

The absence of morning sickness, again! And that everyone is happy for us.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

Only a few -- there are advantages to working behind a library desk!

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your ribs?

TMI, but the knocks on the bladder.

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

The last.

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Nesting? When do I get time for that?!

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

Pretty much.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.

CY
March 19th 05, 04:22 PM
I thought that viability was 28 weeks???? I mean as far as if he is born
early, there'd be a chance that he'd make it...is that not the case???
Maybe things have changed since I was pg w/dd!!
"Elfanie" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:01:02 -0700, "CY" >
> wrote:
>

> >"SuperEeyore" > wrote in message
> >> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?
> >
> >Will be 27 weeks on Thursday. Waiting for 28 weeks for the viability
age.

> You are well past viability..=) Viability is considered 24 weeks....
> By 25 weeks, viability rate is 50-80% and you're well past that. =)
>

> >> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?
> >Blueberry
>
> You're having a boy??
> I think I missed that somewhere...congratulations!!
>

> Stephanie Soderblom CLD CCCE CD(DONA) ICD
> Mesa, AZ
> Mommy to Mikael 5/9/95 - Kerstyn 8/6/99 - and Kevin 8/30/02
> New baby due end of May 2005
> Student Midwife
> Birth Doula / Childbirth Educator / Pregnancy and Birth Photography
>
> http://www.birthdiaries.com - Birth Story Diaries=REAL BIRTHS = REAL
PHOTOS

Ericka Kammerer
March 19th 05, 07:27 PM
CY wrote:

> I thought that viability was 28 weeks???? I mean as far as if he is born
> early, there'd be a chance that he'd make it...is that not the case???
> Maybe things have changed since I was pg w/dd!!

It depends on what you mean by viability. By 28 weeks,
the overwhelming majority survive, and the risk of really serious
disabilities is lower. By 24 weeks, more than half will survive.
Around 21 weeks, virtually none will survive.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Emily
March 20th 05, 05:49 AM
SuperEeyore wrote:
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

16w on Monday. I'm feeling pretty good about the pg now,
since I got the normal AFP result, so we're pretty clearly
not on the same path as last time. (That's assuming that
the placenta was bad from the start, which is what the docs
think.)

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

I think I'm feeling some movement, occasionally. Nothing
very definite yet, nor frequent enough to warrant kick counts.

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

No swelling to speak of, but I've been in maternity clothes (pants
at least) for about 3 weeks now. And this morning in the shower,
after a bagel for breakfast, I felt like my pants were too tight...
Must be something pushing on my stomach, I guess.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

I'm not a belly sleeper anyway -- it's lying flat on my back
that I miss. But last week I had a massage, and lay face down.
Reasonably comfortable, and I felt some kicks, so of course I
lay there worrying that I was squishing the baby.

> Are you craving anything?

Not so much these days. Early early on (before the positive HPT),
I had pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) 4 times in 5 days... then went
for more a couple of days later and could just barely choke it down.
I think I'm off that for the duration. I've also been big into eggs,
and cheese.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

It's mostly eased up --- that is, I can get a little hungry without
feeling nauseous now. Twice recently though I've had sudden attacks
of nausea right after breakfast (about a week apart). Dunno what
that's about. Not fun. But, I've managed to avoid throwing up so
far, and the sudden onset ones pass pretty quickly.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?

No pets. DH is being really sweet helping me get rest. DS is
doing fairly well with more daddy time and less mommy time (though
he's been a bit clingy). He's convinced this baby is a girl, and
thinks we should name her Sophia, after his friend Andrew's new baby
sister. If it is a boy, he says we should go with Andrew. I think
he understands that the name is our choice, though :-).

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
> it be?

More energy! I'm usually very energetic, and I really don't like
having to pace myself so much. I live about 30 minutes walk to work,
but can't walk in these days, and I miss it. Well, I could walk in,
but then I wouldn't have energy for anything else all day. I do get
some walking in at work (I teach at a university, so there's a certain
amount of walking involved no matter what), but I miss being able to
do more. At least I know that I won't be pregnant forever...

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

Hard to say. I don't really like this part of the whole process.

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

Only one person's done that, and she's someone I know well enough
I decided not to be offended :)

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your ribs?

None yet.

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

We should find out in a couple of weeks.

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Not yet.

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

I'm somewhat surprised at my lack of energy, but DH and I have
convinced ourselves that the pg isn't really that different from
with DS --- it's just that I have way more responsibilities now
in the form of a) a nearly 3yo to take care of and b) a full
time tenure-track job, compared to a cat to take care of and a
half-time industry job.

Emily
--
DS 5/02
Scheherazade, stillborn 20w, 3/02/04

Paula J
March 20th 05, 04:16 PM
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:22:47 -0700, "CY" >
wrote:

>I thought that viability was 28 weeks???? I mean as far as if he is born
>early, there'd be a chance that he'd make it...is that not the case???

More than just a chance. The stats on 27-28 week preemies are really
good, actually.

My twin daughters were born at 26 weeks on the nose, weighing under
two pounds each. They will celebrate their second birthday in a few
short weeks and are doing really well (one is completely caught up
developmentally, the other is delayed but making amazing progress).

I'm going to be 25 weeks tomorrow, and once I get as far as you, I'll
feel out of the woods, LOL. You're doing great!

--
Paula
Mom to Olivia and Cassie (b. 4/8/03 @ 26 weeks)
^Grace^ (b. 5/16/02 d. 5/17/02) and ^Adam^ (b/d. 5/17/02)
and a little BOY due 7/4/05 :-)

Hooferoo
March 22nd 05, 03:21 PM
"SuperEeyore" > wrote in message >...
> How far along are you, and how does that make you feel?

25w4d. Feel delighted. In and around viability (according to my sister
this date differs from hospital to hospital if it ever came to
decision time, but I think I'm ok). It's funny how often recently
people have said I'm blooming:)

> Are you feeling and or seeing movement? Does that freak you out or are you
> the type that pokes the belly to get a reaction?

Feeling and seeing lots of movement. Mostly after I've eaten and in
the evenings watching telly. Freaked me out in a good way. My bf was
more freaked out, but chuffed too.

> Are you swelling? Are your feet changing sizes? Do you rings still fit? Or
> if you are earlier along, are you bloated? Or softball in the gut feeling?

Ankles have swollen slightly but can still fit the same shoe, so not
worried.

> Can you sleep on your belly or is that no longer an option?

Haven't been able to from very early on, which is a pity as it's my
favourite position. I don't have much padding on my hips, so even
though I'm well bolstered with pillows these days it still aches some
nights.

> Are you craving anything?

Not really, though not put off anything anymore either (ie.
chocolate)- which is nice.

> Do you have or had morning sickness?

Had horrible nausea up to 14-15 weeks. Appears slightly every so often
now, but thankfully not vomiting at all.

> Is DH or ds/dd noticing anything, or acting oddly? Are you pets acting
> differently?

I'm convinced one of my female cats has changed. We've had her for 5
years and she always cuddle up to my bf. But in this pregnancy
(although oddly not the one I lost) she has been cuddling up close to
me most nights. bf is happy to leave 'the gory details' to me, but
always helps where he can with anything like cooking iron rich meals,
lifting very heavy stuff, letting me kip in peace when I needed it. At
the end of the day he's delighted at having this baby, and that's what
I need the most.

> If you could change one thing about this pregnancy symptom wise what would
> it be?

My skin and muscles in my lower abdomen are always feelings stretched.
Oh, and the wretched nightly trips to the bathroom, which is as far
away from the bedroom as you can get! (old Victorian house).

> What's your favorite part of your pregnancy so far?

People being happy for me after my first loss, seeing this baby's
heartbeat and seeing baby photos knowing there is a good chance I'm
going to have one of those. I can't wait!

Oh, and this ng group too!

> Are people just patting your belly like it or not?

A few women have, never men:) It really depends on who it is and how I
feel at the time whether I mind or not, but I never say if I do mind.
It's not the kind of thing I would ever do to anyone else, not even my
sister when she had hers, but I think it's sweet that people are
interested, so I try and always look pleased and mostly I am.

> What's the strangest sensation you've felt? Do you have a foot in your ribs?

A butt in the belly button is very weird, and the bladder ones are
less than wonderful, but every movement is something I feel grateful
for, so go, boy, go :)

> Blueberry, strawberry, or surpriseberry?

Blueberry. Middle name chosen but secret, first name to be chosen out
of a secret 3 when born.

> Are you nesting? If so, what form did it take?

Not yet, but I have been making a mental list of what needs doing for
when I do:).

> Did you expect pregnancy to be like this?

I didn't expect the constant stretched feeling, the nausea to be as
bad or some of the other million things that have happened to my body.
But at this point in time I'm ready to do it again, which is good for
me as I don't take discomfort well at all!

Jeni