PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Dad on the run
March 15th 05, 09:43 AM
Hi ! My name is Mark. i am a single dad of 2 children. daughter 10 and
son 12. I have joint custody now and have had a hard time getting my
daughter and son to get used to spending more time with their mom.
Things are stressed with them and their mom. any recomendations from
the group? I could use all the advice I can get. Thanks abunch from a
new guy!

Mark

xkatx
March 15th 05, 06:17 PM
"Dad on the run" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi ! My name is Mark. i am a single dad of 2 children. daughter 10 and
> son 12. I have joint custody now and have had a hard time getting my
> daughter and son to get used to spending more time with their mom.
> Things are stressed with them and their mom. any recomendations from
> the group? I could use all the advice I can get. Thanks abunch from a
> new guy!
>
> Mark

Hi, Mark!
Welcome from Alberta, Canada. I'm Kat, 2 boys aged 4 and 5, and expecting a
girl *most likely* come summer.
I don't think I can really help much, since I can't really relate to your
situation. :(
But, for now, just thought I'd say hi, and welcome!

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

March 15th 05, 08:33 PM
"Dad on the run" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi ! My name is Mark. i am a single dad of 2 children. daughter 10 and
> son 12. I have joint custody now and have had a hard time getting my
> daughter and son to get used to spending more time with their mom.
> Things are stressed with them and their mom. any recomendations from
> the group? I could use all the advice I can get. Thanks abunch from a
> new guy!
>
> Mark

Welcome Mark!
I think just being patient and being a good listener to their reasonings.
Vicky, a.k.a. "V", mom to 9 y/o girl and 11 y/o boy

denanson
March 17th 05, 02:42 PM
"Dad on the run" < wrote in message

> Hi ! My name is Mark. i am a single dad of 2 children. daughter 10 and
> son 12. I have joint custody now and have had a hard time getting my
> daughter and son to get used to spending more time with their mom.

Yeah, I had this for a while but things are better now

Dennis

Dad on the run
March 23rd 05, 05:37 AM
Thanks Vicky and to everyone who welcomed me to the group. I look
forward to sharing and listening. My daughter has been wanting to
spend more time with me to talk and I have capitolized on that by
letting her talk about how she feels and letting her know that I
support her. I had a ladyfriend that I was serious with until
recently and she was great to ask and get a womans opinion about
different things that came up with my Amy. I just try to follow my
heart and my head and do the best I can now.
Thanks for the note. Take care!

Mark K
V wrote:
> "Dad on the run" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Hi ! My name is Mark. i am a single dad of 2 children. daughter 10
and
> > son 12. I have joint custody now and have had a hard time getting
my
> > daughter and son to get used to spending more time with their mom.
> > Things are stressed with them and their mom. any recomendations
from
> > the group? I could use all the advice I can get. Thanks abunch from
> > new guy!
> >
> > Mark
> >

> Welcome Mark!
> I think just being patient and being a good listener to their
reasonings.
> Vicky, a.k.a. "V", mom to 9 y/o girl and 11 y/o boy

March 28th 05, 08:19 PM
"Dad on the run" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks Vicky and to everyone who welcomed me to the group. I look
> forward to sharing and listening. My daughter has been wanting to
> spend more time with me to talk and I have capitolized on that by
> letting her talk about how she feels and letting her know that I
> support her. I had a ladyfriend that I was serious with until
> recently and she was great to ask and get a womans opinion about
> different things that came up with my Amy. I just try to follow my
> heart and my head and do the best I can now.
> Thanks for the note. Take care!
>
> Mark K
>snip

That is all you can do.
Good luck

March 28th 05, 08:19 PM
"Dad on the run" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks Vicky and to everyone who welcomed me to the group. I look
> forward to sharing and listening. My daughter has been wanting to
> spend more time with me to talk and I have capitolized on that by
> letting her talk about how she feels and letting her know that I
> support her. I had a ladyfriend that I was serious with until
> recently and she was great to ask and get a womans opinion about
> different things that came up with my Amy. I just try to follow my
> heart and my head and do the best I can now.
> Thanks for the note. Take care!
>
> Mark K
>snip

That is all you can do.
Good luck

March 28th 05, 08:19 PM
"Dad on the run" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks Vicky and to everyone who welcomed me to the group. I look
> forward to sharing and listening. My daughter has been wanting to
> spend more time with me to talk and I have capitolized on that by
> letting her talk about how she feels and letting her know that I
> support her. I had a ladyfriend that I was serious with until
> recently and she was great to ask and get a womans opinion about
> different things that came up with my Amy. I just try to follow my
> heart and my head and do the best I can now.
> Thanks for the note. Take care!
>
> Mark K
>snip

That is all you can do.