PDA

View Full Version : camouflage cake ideas needed

just me
September 20th 03, 06:38 PM
Actually, I really hope you take this dare and help me out!

DS is having his bivouac for his birthday. He has requested that we make a
"camouflage" birthday cake. So far the only thing I can think of is making
a marble cake and icing it with [from the can guys] chocolate swirls mixed
with vanilla swirls some of which we food color a greenish yellow. Who can
help this not a great cook do something that looks cool? Oh, and one added
bonus, the cake will actually be four individual servings baked in tins the
size of chicken pot pie individual servings tins. that way there will be no
left overs to tempt the parental units.....

Aula

Penny Gaines
September 21st 03, 10:15 AM
just me wrote in >:

> Actually, I really hope you take this dare and help me out!
>
> DS is having his bivouac for his birthday. He has requested that we make
> "camouflage" birthday cake. So far the only thing I can think of is
> making a marble cake and icing it with [from the can guys] chocolate
> swirls mixed
> with vanilla swirls some of which we food color a greenish yellow. Who
> can
> help this not a great cook do something that looks cool? Oh, and one
> added bonus, the cake will actually be four individual servings baked in
> tins the
> size of chicken pot pie individual servings tins. that way there will be
> no left overs to tempt the parental units.....

Can you get some karki/camouflage coloured net and make it into model
shelters to go on the cakes?

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

just me
September 21st 03, 02:31 PM
"Penny Gaines" > wrote in message
> Can you get some karki/camouflage coloured net and make it into model
> shelters to go on the cakes?

OOOHH! Aren't you the creative one! I will have to explore that
possibility! Thanks!

-Aula