PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my child to go to sleep earlier than 10:30 in the evening?

Rebecca
September 29th 03, 08:29 PM
I am really stressed. I am in school full time and I don't weem to
have enough time like I had before I started school. I am feeling
really bad and frustrated and this huge layer of guilt is piling on
top of me. Somebody please answer my posting I really could use some
great advice!

Ann Porter
September 29th 03, 08:54 PM
"Rebecca" > wrote in message
om...
> I am really stressed. I am in school full time and I don't weem to
> have enough time like I had before I started school. I am feeling
> really bad and frustrated and this huge layer of guilt is piling on
> top of me. Somebody please answer my posting I really could use some
> great advice!

How old is your child? Are you also employed? Do you have a partner? Is
he/she picking up any of the slack? Do you have any family nearby that can
spell you for a couple of hours a week so you can get some schoolwork done?

Full-time school is a huge commitment of time...you AREN'T going to be able
to do everything you did before school. Set some priorities. In my life,
housework is the first thing to go :)

We'll need more information before we can give you sensible advice.

Best,
Ann

Circe
September 29th 03, 08:54 PM
"Rebecca" > wrote in message
om...
> I am really stressed. I am in school full time and I don't weem to
> have enough time like I had before I started school. I am feeling
> really bad and frustrated and this huge layer of guilt is piling on
> top of me. Somebody please answer my posting I really could use some
> great advice!

Unless your kids have to get up early in the morning to accommodate your
schedule or go to school themselves, I don't think getting them to bed
before 10:30 is in any way necessary. My kids routinely went to bed between
10 and 10:30 before they started going to school in the early morning. (Now,
we're lucky to get them down by 9:00, but it seems to work okay for them.)

Assuming they *do* need to be in bed earlier, it's not clear to me from your
post why you're having trouble getting them to bed sooner. Is it that there
is so much to be done in the evenings that you simply can't pull everything
together before 10:30 (I'm familiar with this particular problem!)? Are they
resisting going to bed earlier? Or something else?

I think you'll get more useful advice if you can be clearer as to exactly
what the problem is.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [18mo] mom)

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls.