PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: preschool snacks..went great

Karen G
October 5th 03, 04:48 PM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions. For my first assignment, I
took cinnamon raisin bread and milk. The kids loved it. My daughter
wants to take snack every day. I have lots of ideas for the next few
rounds.

Karen G

Robyn Kozierok
October 7th 03, 04:41 PM
In article >,
Karen G > wrote:
>Thanks for all of the great suggestions. For my first assignment, I
>took cinnamon raisin bread and milk. The kids loved it. My daughter
>wants to take snack every day. I have lots of ideas for the next few
>rounds.

Yum! This reminds me: cream cheese is yummy on cinnamon raisin
bread! You probably don't want to use that idea soon since you just
did the bread, but maybe someone else will like the idea ;-)

--Robyn

Scott Lindstrom
October 7th 03, 05:32 PM
Robyn Kozierok wrote:
> In article >,
> Karen G > wrote:
>
>>Thanks for all of the great suggestions. For my first assignment, I
>>took cinnamon raisin bread and milk. The kids loved it. My daughter
>>wants to take snack every day. I have lots of ideas for the next few
>>rounds.
>>

> Yum! This reminds me: cream cheese is yummy on cinnamon raisin
> bread! You probably don't want to use that idea soon since you just
> did the bread, but maybe someone else will like the idea ;-)

Or pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting ... Mmmmm.
Cream cheese is yummy period :)

We get the Penzey's Spice catalog, and they always have
great recipes in it. The pumpkin cake and the Banana
Chocolate Chip Cake would both be great for a snack --
although a bit time-consuming to make ;)

DS is in charge of snack for his (2nd grade) class
this week. So far it's been Oreos yesterday (the
Halloween version) and Chocolate Chip Cookies today.
Unlike the OP's Preschool, DS's school doesn't
ask for the snacks to be completely healthy.
I think we'll send cheese tomorrow.

Scott DD 10 and DS 7