PDA

View Full Version : preschooler's pants

Karen G
October 14th 03, 01:37 AM
Are preschoolers intrinsically hard on pant's knees or is mine unique?
3 out of 7 days in the past week, my 4.5 year old has put holes in the
knees of her pants. Now in the defense of the pants, most of them are
two years old (this is the second year of her wearing these pants).

I guess I need to figure out where to buy pants again.
Karen G

AnnaS
October 14th 03, 02:29 AM
I would imagine that most preschoolers probably spend a lot of time on
their knees. I can vividly remember that as a young girl all my pants
had colorful patches on the knees that my mom had sewed on. At the time,
I thought they were cool!

Anna

Karen G wrote:

> Are preschoolers intrinsically hard on pant's knees or is mine unique?
> 3 out of 7 days in the past week, my 4.5 year old has put holes in the
> knees of her pants. Now in the defense of the pants, most of them are
> two years old (this is the second year of her wearing these pants).
>
> I guess I need to figure out where to buy pants again.
> Karen G

Banty
October 14th 03, 02:30 AM
In article >, Karen G says...

>Are preschoolers intrinsically hard on pant's knees or is mine unique?
>3 out of 7 days in the past week, my 4.5 year old has put holes in the
>knees of her pants. Now in the defense of the pants, most of them are
>two years old (this is the second year of her wearing these pants).
>
>I guess I need to figure out where to buy pants again.
>Karen G

Two words:

Land's End.

Banty

dragonlady
October 14th 03, 03:15 AM
In article >,
Karen G > wrote:

> Are preschoolers intrinsically hard on pant's knees or is mine unique?
> 3 out of 7 days in the past week, my 4.5 year old has put holes in the
> knees of her pants. Now in the defense of the pants, most of them are
> two years old (this is the second year of her wearing these pants).
>
> I guess I need to figure out where to buy pants again.
> Karen G

Sounds normal.

I used to put iron on patches on the insides of their pants at the
knees. That way they didn't show, but added some strength -- and when
they did first start to go through the material, the pants would hold
together enough to hang on to for playing in.

I also sometimes patched them, but I don't think that's popular anymore.

meh

Robyn Kozierok
October 14th 03, 03:35 PM
In article >,
Karen G > wrote:
>Are preschoolers intrinsically hard on pant's knees or is mine unique?
>3 out of 7 days in the past week, my 4.5 year old has put holes in the
>knees of her pants. Now in the defense of the pants, most of them are
>two years old (this is the second year of her wearing these pants).

At least with boys, preschool is just the beginning. My 10yo has holes
in the knees of most of his new school jeans already. sigh....

Up through size 3 or so, jeans seemed to last through two or three boys.
After that, I'm lucky if they last the season.

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

Robyn Kozierok
October 14th 03, 03:35 PM
In article >,
Banty > wrote:

>Two words:
>
>Land's End.

Are they really more sturdy? Someone else told me Gap jeans last well,
but Ryan has put holes in his in no time. :(

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

Banty
October 14th 03, 04:07 PM
In article >, Robyn Kozierok says...

>In article >,
>Banty > wrote:
>>
>>Two words:
>>
>>Land's End.
>
>Are they really more sturdy? Someone else told me Gap jeans last well,
>but Ryan has put holes in his in no time. :(
>
>--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

What Land's End offers are pants which are double-kneed as well as being made of
tough fabric. We like the 'cargo climbers', which have the double-knee
incorporated with the whole style pretty well.

Banty

Robyn Kozierok
October 14th 03, 04:28 PM
In article >,
Banty > wrote:

>What Land's End offers are pants which are double-kneed as well as being made of
>tough fabric. We like the 'cargo climbers', which have the double-knee
>incorporated with the whole style pretty well.

I guess the question is whether or not the fabric is really any tougher
than other jeans, because the double-knees don't really gain me much.
They boys don't care if their jeans have holes in them; *I* care about
them going to school in holey jeans, and it seems that the pants would
look just as unpresentable if they had double knees so the holes were
"only" on the outer layer.

And of course, with no sales on, they cost more than twice what Wranglers
cost at KMart, so they'd have to last more than twice as long for me to
feel the money was well-spent.

How adjustable is the waist with the built-in belt? Very few styles come
in slim, which is the best fit for all my boys.

--Robyn

Karen G
October 14th 03, 05:08 PM
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:35:14 EDT, (Robyn
Kozierok) wrote:

>Up through size 3 or so, jeans seemed to last through two or three boys.
>After that, I'm lucky if they last the season.

That's what I was wondering. In this case, my preschooler is a girl,
but the pants are wearing out just the same. I wondered if we were just
hitting the "season of wear."

Thanks,
Karen G

Kevin Karplus
October 14th 03, 05:14 PM
In article >, Karen G wrote:
> Are preschoolers intrinsically hard on pant's knees or is mine unique?
> 3 out of 7 days in the past week, my 4.5 year old has put holes in the
> knees of her pants. Now in the defense of the pants, most of them are
> two years old (this is the second year of her wearing these pants).

Preschoolers vary enormously on how hard they are on clothes.

In defense of the kids, more damage is done to cloth in washing
machines than by the kids---they just add the final stress that tears
clothes worn out by washing. "Stone-washed" clothes are particularly
fragile, as cellulases have been added in the manufacturing process to
digest the cotton fibers and make them behave like worn-out cloth.
Bleach is also very hard on cellulose fibers (cotton and linen).

I don't think my now 7-year-old son has ever torn the knees of any of
his pants. I attribute this to three things:
1) He's not very active, prefering reading to most forms of
physical activity. He gets exercise by walking and
riding the Trail-a-bike, neither of which is
particularly hard on clothes.
2) We have a gentle washing machine (one of the newer front
loaders) and use small amounts of mild detergent and
no bleach.
3) He's gotten a lot of hand-me-downs from cousins, so does
not wear the same pants over and over.

When I was a child I wore out a lot of knees in pants---I had very
bony knees that put a lot of stress on the pants. Even into my
college years I wore out a lot of knees. Nowadays, my pants are more
likely to fail at the bottom cuffs, or in a line just below the seat
where the edge of the seat of my recumbent bike rubs against the pants
when I pedal.

--
Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
Professor of Computer Engineering, University of California, Santa Cruz

Banty
October 14th 03, 05:25 PM
In article >, Robyn Kozierok says...

>In article >,
>Banty > wrote:
>>
>>What Land's End offers are pants which are double-kneed as well as being made of
>>tough fabric. We like the 'cargo climbers', which have the double-knee
>>incorporated with the whole style pretty well.
>>

>I guess the question is whether or not the fabric is really any tougher
>than other jeans, because the double-knees don't really gain me much.
>They boys don't care if their jeans have holes in them; *I* care about
>them going to school in holey jeans, and it seems that the pants would
>look just as unpresentable if they had double knees so the holes were
>"only" on the outer layer.

You can carefully rip out the top layer. The main problem is that the
second-layer fabric looks too new against the surrounding. But my boy dind't
care.

>And of course, with no sales on, they cost more than twice what Wranglers
>cost at KMart, so they'd have to last more than twice as long for me to
>feel the money was well-spent.

Sure there are sales - watch for the overstocks sales.

>How adjustable is the waist with the built-in belt? Very few styles come
>in slim, which is the best fit for all my boys.

They have completely adjustable elastic waists with an adjustable belt. This is
one reason why my son insists on them.

Banty

Robyn Kozierok
October 14th 03, 05:42 PM
In article >,
Banty > wrote:
>>The boys don't care if their jeans have holes in them; *I* care about
>>them going to school in holey jeans, and it seems that the pants would
>>look just as unpresentable if they had double knees so the holes were
>>"only" on the outer layer.
>
>You can carefully rip out the top layer. The main problem is that the
>second-layer fabric looks too new against the surrounding. But my boy dind't
>care.
>

>>How adjustable is the waist with the built-in belt? Very few styles come
>>in slim, which is the best fit for all my boys.
>
>They have completely adjustable elastic waists with an adjustable belt. This is
>one reason why my son insists on them.

Ok, I'm convinced.... I just have to watch for them to go on sale.
They do have some on sale now but not in sizes we can use (or nice
colors, IMO).

Thanks,
--Robyn

Scott Lindstrom
October 14th 03, 06:40 PM
Robyn Kozierok wrote:
> In article >,
> Banty > wrote:
>
>>What Land's End offers are pants which are double-kneed as well as being made of
>>tough fabric. We like the 'cargo climbers', which have the double-knee
>>incorporated with the whole style pretty well.
>>

> I guess the question is whether or not the fabric is really any tougher
> than other jeans, because the double-knees don't really gain me much.
> They boys don't care if their jeans have holes in them; *I* care about
> them going to school in holey jeans, and it seems that the pants would
> look just as unpresentable if they had double knees so the holes were
> "only" on the outer layer.
>
> And of course, with no sales on, they cost more than twice what Wranglers
> cost at KMart, so they'd have to last more than twice as long for me to
> feel the money was well-spent.
>
> How adjustable is the waist with the built-in belt? Very few styles come
> in slim, which is the best fit for all my boys.

DS is skinny and tall (tho not so skinny as his sister
at the moment) and the adjustable waist thingy works
pretty well for him. Of course, he's still in shorts,
(Yes, I know it was raining and 50 this morning, but
he thought shorts would be warm enough) so the only
knees wearing out are his own ;)

Scott DD 10 and DS 7

Karen G
October 14th 03, 09:51 PM
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:42:10 EDT, (Robyn
Kozierok) wrote:

>Ok, I'm convinced.... I just have to watch for them to go on sale.
>They do have some on sale now but not in sizes we can use (or nice
>colors, IMO).
>
>Thanks,
>--Robyn

Check what the local Sears store has as well. They don't have all of
the Lands End styles that are in the catalog, but I have found some
great clearance items there.

Karen

Penny Gaines
October 14th 03, 10:05 PM
Karen G wrote in >:

> Are preschoolers intrinsically hard on pant's knees or is mine unique?
> 3 out of 7 days in the past week, my 4.5 year old has put holes in the
> knees of her pants. Now in the defense of the pants, most of them are
> two years old (this is the second year of her wearing these pants).
>
> I guess I need to figure out where to buy pants again.
> Karen G

Some are, some aren't. Mine only seemed to go through the knees
of hand-me-downs.

The school uniform trousers I get over here all seem to come with patches,
for mending holes in knees. I used to give them to a friend, because my
son never went through the knees, whereas her son would go through them
on a monthly basis.

--

Penny Gaines

Robyn Kozierok
October 14th 03, 10:11 PM
In article >,
Karen G > wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:42:10 EDT, (Robyn
>Kozierok) wrote:
>
>>Ok, I'm convinced.... I just have to watch for them to go on sale.
>>They do have some on sale now but not in sizes we can use (or nice
>>colors, IMO).
>
>Check what the local Sears store has as well. They don't have all of
>the Lands End styles that are in the catalog, but I have found some
>great clearance items there.

Sears carries Lands End? Or are you just saying they also have some
good double-knee pants? In either case, we don't have one nearby
(just a Sears Appliance store, but not a regular Sears).

--Robyn

H Schinske
October 14th 03, 10:28 PM
wrote:

>I also sometimes patched them, but I don't think that's popular anymore.

I do it anyway. Or let them go to school with little holes. Considering the
weird outfits some kids like to wear (many little girls, for instance, like to
wear crazy dress-up dresses to preschool), jeans with holes in the knees didn't
seem like a problem to me. But then I get secondhand clothes anyway.

The iron-on patches don't work well in my experience.

--Helen

Scott Lindstrom
October 14th 03, 10:41 PM
Robyn Kozierok wrote:
> In article >,
> Karen G > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:42:10 EDT, (Robyn
>>Kozierok) wrote:
>>

>>>Ok, I'm convinced.... I just have to watch for them to go on sale.
>>>They do have some on sale now but not in sizes we can use (or nice
>>>colors, IMO).
>>
>>Check what the local Sears store has as well. They don't have all of
>>the Lands End styles that are in the catalog, but I have found some
>>great clearance items there.
>>

> Sears carries Lands End? Or are you just saying they also have some
> good double-knee pants? In either case, we don't have one nearby
> (just a Sears Appliance store, but not a regular Sears).

Sears acquired Lands' End 2 years ago, that's why Sears now
carries some LE stuff.

Scott

Rosalie B.
October 14th 03, 10:55 PM
(Robyn Kozierok) wrote:

>In article >,
>Karen G > wrote:
>>Are preschoolers intrinsically hard on pant's knees or is mine unique?
>>3 out of 7 days in the past week, my 4.5 year old has put holes in the
>>knees of her pants. Now in the defense of the pants, most of them are
>>two years old (this is the second year of her wearing these pants).
>
>At least with boys, preschool is just the beginning. My 10yo has holes
>in the knees of most of his new school jeans already. sigh....
>
>Up through size 3 or so, jeans seemed to last through two or three boys.
>After that, I'm lucky if they last the season.

IME my girls were not that hard on the jeans, but they wore dresses a
lot so if their knees got wear it was skinned knees rather than holey
jeans. Maybe that was why they were more careful, or maybe they were
just more careful children.

I occasionally used the iron on patches and have considered ironing
them onto the insides of the jeans at the knee. I did sometimes get
the Sears Toughskin jeans. I did not consider that a patch on the
jeans was a reason not to send them to school in them.

I could not hand the jeans down from one girl to the next because #1
and #3 were very skinny and wore the Sears boys slim sizes and the
middle one and ds wore the regular sizes.

grandma Rosalie

Donna Metler
October 14th 03, 11:32 PM
"H Schinske" > wrote in message
> wrote:
>
> >I also sometimes patched them, but I don't think that's popular anymore.
>
> I do it anyway. Or let them go to school with little holes. Considering
the
> weird outfits some kids like to wear (many little girls, for instance,
like to
> wear crazy dress-up dresses to preschool), jeans with holes in the knees
didn't
> seem like a problem to me. But then I get secondhand clothes anyway.
>
> The iron-on patches don't work well in my experience.
>
> --Helen

What about making your own ones, by cutting cute shapes out of fabric, then
using the fusable web stuff on the back (and probably stiching around the
edges). I've done appliques like this for children's costumes for programs
pretty often. Maybe you could start a new fashion at preschool!

Karen G
October 15th 03, 04:26 AM
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:32:18 EDT, "Donna Metler"
> wrote:

>What about making your own ones, by cutting cute shapes out of fabric, then
>using the fusable web stuff on the back (and probably stiching around the
>edges). I've done appliques like this for children's costumes for programs
>pretty often. Maybe you could start a new fashion at preschool!

The problem in this case is that the holes are in leggings/knit pants.
As much as I like to sew, I don't feel comfortable trying to reinforce
them, so it looks like it is time to go buy more.

Karen

jjmoreta
October 15th 03, 09:23 AM
Karen G wrote:
> Are preschoolers intrinsically hard on pant's knees or is mine unique?
> 3 out of 7 days in the past week, my 4.5 year old has put holes in the
> knees of her pants. Now in the defense of the pants, most of them are
> two years old (this is the second year of her wearing these pants).
>
> I guess I need to figure out where to buy pants again.
> Karen G

Check out Sears clothing. Their Kidvantage guarantee promises a replacement
(exact or similar value) if the item of clothing wears out before your child
outgrows it. I would check into the details - all I know is that they ask
to register you in the system but I don't know if they require you to save
tags and/or receipts. You also can earn coupons for spending so much money.
I haven't had a chance to use them much yet as kid #1 still has a few weeks
to make its appearance and I was given all the clothes I'll need.

http://www.sears.ca/e/info/kvantage.htm
- From the Canada site, but I know my local US store has the exact same
policy

With the clothes being 2 years old, I'm not surprised that they're wearing
through. They may be a little tighter and now that she's older, she may be
putting them through heavier use. I remember ages 4-6 were pretty bad for
me and my clothing.

- Joanne

Claire Petersky
October 15th 03, 03:50 PM
"Donna Metler" > wrote in message
.. .

> "H Schinske" > wrote in message
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I also sometimes patched them, but I don't think that's popular
anymore.

> > I do it anyway.
> Maybe you could start a new fashion at preschool!

My 8 year old informed me yesterday that patches are in fashion at her
elementary school, so your child can be at the forefront of this new/old
look.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

Claire Petersky
October 15th 03, 03:51 PM
"Karen G" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:32:18 EDT, "Donna Metler"
> > wrote:
>
> >What about making your own ones, by cutting cute shapes out of fabric,
then
> >using the fusable web stuff on the back (and probably stiching around the
> >edges). I've done appliques like this for children's costumes for
programs
> >pretty often. Maybe you could start a new fashion at preschool!
> >>

> The problem in this case is that the holes are in leggings/knit pants.
> As much as I like to sew, I don't feel comfortable trying to reinforce
> them, so it looks like it is time to go buy more.

My older daughter is tall and slim, so I've bought a lot of leggings in my
time. I found that buying US or Canadian-made leggings (which were two
dollars more at Fred Meyer, a local discount house) would last longer than
those made in third-world countries -- worth the extra money. It was not
worth it to buy more expensive leggings than these, like out of the Lands
End catalog, unless these were on clearance, because they did not last
significantly longer.

We cut-off all those leggings that got holes in the knees. We have a nearly
inexhaustible supply of "bike shorts" style shorts as a result.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

Cathy Kearns
October 15th 03, 03:51 PM
"Karen G" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:32:18 EDT, "Donna Metler"
> > wrote:
>
> >What about making your own ones, by cutting cute shapes out of fabric,
then
> >using the fusable web stuff on the back (and probably stiching around the
> >edges). I've done appliques like this for children's costumes for
programs
> >pretty often. Maybe you could start a new fashion at preschool!
> >>

> The problem in this case is that the holes are in leggings/knit pants.
> As much as I like to sew, I don't feel comfortable trying to reinforce
> them, so it looks like it is time to go buy more.

Yeah, my girls seemed to like the knit ones much more. Down
side is the knees don't last anywhere near as long as jeans. Up
side is I could actually get the girls to wear the knit pants.

> Karen

Barbara
October 15th 03, 03:52 PM
(Robyn Kozierok) wrote in message >...
SNIP
> I guess the question is whether or not the fabric is really any tougher
> than other jeans, because the double-knees don't really gain me much.
> They boys don't care if their jeans have holes in them; *I* care about
> them going to school in holey jeans, and it seems that the pants would
> look just as unpresentable if they had double knees so the holes were
> "only" on the outer layer.

Will your preschooler wear anything other than jeans? In
kindergarten, my son wore through the knees of most of his jeans.
(The exception was a pair from a brand called Wes & Willy, but he may
have worn them less frequently.) His chinos, OTOH, survived the year
looking brand new. Perhaps the finer weave helps.

Barbara

October 24th 03, 05:14 AM
Karen G wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:35:14 EDT, (Robyn
> Kozierok) wrote:
>
>> Up through size 3 or so, jeans seemed to last through two or three
>> boys. After that, I'm lucky if they last the season.
>
> That's what I was wondering. In this case, my preschooler is a girl,
> but the pants are wearing out just the same. I wondered if we were
> just hitting the "season of wear."
>
> Thanks,
> Karen G

if you purchase at Sears, that have a great warrantee where if your child
wears out their clothes before they outgrow them, they will replace them.
Edith

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:

http://bookcrossing.com/friend/EdithT

Robyn Kozierok
October 30th 03, 04:16 PM
Does anyone have advice on patching jeans for boys? My thought would
be to get some "cute/cool" fabric, cut a patch, fold the edges under,
attach it with that iron-on tape, and either stitch around it with
matching thread or a nice contrasting embroidery floss. Does this
sound reasonable? What should I look for in a fabric to use for the
patches so that it will be reasonably tough. I don't want them going
through the patches as quickly as they went through the original knees
of the jeans (under 2 months).

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

Banty
October 30th 03, 06:32 PM
In article >, Robyn Kozierok says...

>Does anyone have advice on patching jeans for boys? My thought would
>be to get some "cute/cool" fabric, cut a patch, fold the edges under,
>attach it with that iron-on tape, and either stitch around it with
>matching thread or a nice contrasting embroidery floss. Does this
>sound reasonable? What should I look for in a fabric to use for the
>patches so that it will be reasonably tough. I don't want them going
>through the patches as quickly as they went through the original knees
>of the jeans (under 2 months).

My suggestion would be to take fabric from outgrown and outworn jeans (from over
the knee area and from in back), fold the edges under, and sew this on with
matching thread or tan-colored contrasting thread to match the jean contrasting
thread. Because, if my experience with it says anything at all, for boys above
a certain age there is no other 'cute/cool' way to do it. Plus it's a durable
patch. The problem that comes up is the triple denim fabric thickness - but I
can coax my 1949 black with gold leaf Singer through it :-)

Of course you can take the jean fabric and do more creative stuff with stitching
or contrast piping if the boys' tastes allow. But the jean fabric makes the
best patch.

Banty

Robyn Kozierok
October 30th 03, 08:05 PM
In article >,
Banty > wrote:

>My suggestion would be to take fabric from outgrown and outworn jeans (from over
>the knee area and from in back), fold the edges under, and sew this on with
>matching thread or tan-colored contrasting thread to match the jean contrasting
>thread. Because, if my experience with it says anything at all, for boys above
>a certain age there is no other 'cute/cool' way to do it. Plus it's a durable
>patch. The problem that comes up is the triple denim fabric thickness - but I
>can coax my 1949 black with gold leaf Singer through it :-)

I'll be hand sewing, fwiw. My boys still have pretty "young" tastes in
clothes, and would probably prefer a bugs/space ships/whatever contrasting
patch to denim (and the social situation at their current school makes
this not an issue) but you have a good point (that I snipped) about the
strength of the denim. We have lots of spare jeans to use for patching.

Thanks,
--Robyn

Ruth Baltopoulos
October 30th 03, 08:06 PM
When I patch jeans, and I assume you are referring to the
knees?, I use a heavy jean material on the inside of the
leg, and a different fun fabric on the top side. I then
stitch through both layers with the edges turned under on
the top patch. I have done this by machine or by hand.

HTH
--
Ruth B -- Remove the blinders to send email :)

Stewie (reading the Bible): "My my, what a thumping good
read, lions eating Christians, people nailing each other to
two by fours. I'll say, you won't find that in Winnie the
Pooh."

---
10/27/2003

gale
October 30th 03, 09:10 PM
"Robyn Kozierok" > wrote in message
> I'll be hand sewing, fwiw. My boys still have pretty "young" tastes in
> clothes, and would probably prefer a bugs/space ships/whatever contrasting
> patch to denim (and the social situation at their current school makes
> this not an issue) but you have a good point (that I snipped) about the
> strength of the denim. We have lots of spare jeans to use for patching.

If you sew do you also embroider? You could do an outline of something like
a bear or something they like rather quickly before putting it on the jeans.
For what it's worth, the denim or a decent weight cordory will make the
better patches due to durability. For the fashion conscious: everything
from the late 60's early 70's is in style and my jeans from those days were
covered with patches that I had embroidered myself freehand, sewn on with a
less visible stitch and then crazy quilted on with embroidery floss [which
ultimately wore off in interesting patterns. The more patches the better!

-A-
--
see my creative works on ebay under aulame 123

Robyn Kozierok
October 30th 03, 09:49 PM
In article <Tbdob.45627$mZ5.273336@attbi_s54>,
Ruth Baltopoulos > wrote:
>When I patch jeans, and I assume you are referring to the
>knees?,

Yes, the knees.

>I use a heavy jean material on the inside of the
>leg, and a different fun fabric on the top side. I then
>stitch through both layers with the edges turned under on
>the top patch. I have done this by machine or by hand.

Thanks for this suggestion. Do you find that they wear
through the fun top fabric quickly though?

--Robyn

H Schinske
October 30th 03, 10:16 PM
wrote:

>Does anyone have advice on patching jeans for boys?

I bought a secondhand sturdy denim skirt for a couple of bucks. Easier to cut
the patches out of than old jeans are, and much cheaper than purchased fabric
patches.

--Helen

gale
October 30th 03, 11:00 PM
"H Schinske" > wrote in message
> I bought a secondhand sturdy denim skirt for a couple of bucks. Easier to
cut
> the patches out of than old jeans are, and much cheaper than purchased
fabric
> patches.

You remind me that I often used the patch pockets on worn out jeans. Those
came ready hemmed......

-A-

--
see my creative works on ebay under aulame 123

Mary Gordon
November 10th 03, 07:27 PM
You can get denim iron-on patches - press them in place, and then run
some stitching around the edge with the sewing machine (helps if you
have one with a free arm).

Mary G.