PDA

View Full Version : CTTS: 2.5yo "spelling"

Robyn Kozierok
October 16th 03, 06:38 PM
Evan in the grocery store parking lot yesterday:

"F-zero-R-D. Dat spells 'TRUCK!'"

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

Alicia
October 16th 03, 08:48 PM
LOL, that's just cute! : )

"Robyn Kozierok" > wrote in message
> Evan in the grocery store parking lot yesterday:
>
> "F-zero-R-D. Dat spells 'TRUCK!'"
>
> --Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

Splanche
October 17th 03, 01:24 AM
How about my DS, who at about 3 1/2 spelled for me " oh-oh- t -a-r-g-e-t..."

He didn't get that the logo was at the front!

Penny Gaines
October 17th 03, 02:05 AM
Robyn Kozierok wrote in >:

> Evan in the grocery store parking lot yesterday:
>
> "F-zero-R-D. Dat spells 'TRUCK!'"

When my youngest was 3yo, we had an interesting variation on "I spy"

J: I spy with my little eye, something begining with w
me: tree?
J: Yes!

Or even
J: I spy with my little eye, something begining with three
me: window?
J: Yes!

--

Penny Gaines

Hillary Israeli
October 17th 03, 02:06 PM
In >,
Robyn Kozierok > wrote:

*Evan in the grocery store parking lot yesterday:
*
*"F-zero-R-D. Dat spells 'TRUCK!'"

Call Ford! Get this on video! You could make some big bucks, he could star
in the next commercial... :)

(JUST JOKING!)

not-so-newly minted veterinarian-at-large :)

Robyn Kozierok
October 17th 03, 02:20 PM
In article >,
Splanche > wrote:
>How about my DS, who at about 3 1/2 spelled for me " oh-oh- t -a-r-g-e-t..."
>
>He didn't get that the logo was at the front!

Too cute!!

We don't have a Target but we do get explicit mention of the "star" in
Wal*Mart and Evan also always reads the tiny "registered trade mark" R
at the ends of trade names on packages. ;-)

--Robyn

Bev Brandt
October 17th 03, 02:20 PM
(Robyn Kozierok) wrote in message >...
> Evan in the grocery store parking lot yesterday:
>
> "F-zero-R-D. Dat spells 'TRUCK!'"
>
> --Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

Jarrod, my 3 year old, has a friend at preschool named "Diego,"
pronouced dee-egg-o. I guess when they've been doing the alphabet, "D"
has been for "Diego." So that's how Jarrod spells his name:

"J-A-R-R-O-Diego!"

- Bev

Robyn Kozierok
October 17th 03, 02:21 PM
In article >,
Hillary Israeli > wrote:
>In >,
>Robyn Kozierok > wrote:
>
>*Evan in the grocery store parking lot yesterday:
>*
>*"F-zero-R-D. Dat spells 'TRUCK!'"
>
>Call Ford! Get this on video! You could make some big bucks, he could star
>in the next commercial... :)
>
>(JUST JOKING!)

I had that very thought (in a "just joking" way). Didn't Ford have an
advertising campaign along these lines at some point?

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

Beeswing
October 17th 03, 03:45 PM
Robyn wrote:

>We don't have a Target but we do get explicit mention of the "star" in
>Wal*Mart and Evan also always reads the tiny "registered trade mark" R
>at the ends of trade names on packages. ;-)

Great! A copyright lawyer in the making! (Or perhaps a copyeditor?) :)

beeswing,
an editor, not a lawyer

Cheryl
October 18th 03, 04:22 AM
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:20:56 EDT, (Bev Brandt)
wrote:

(Robyn Kozierok) wrote in message >...
>> Evan in the grocery store parking lot yesterday:
>>
>> "F-zero-R-D. Dat spells 'TRUCK!'"
>>
>> --Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)
>
>Jarrod, my 3 year old, has a friend at preschool named "Diego,"
>pronouced dee-egg-o. I guess when they've been doing the alphabet, "D"
>has been for "Diego." So that's how Jarrod spells his name:
>
>"J-A-R-R-O-Diego!"

My 3 year old is having a bit of trouble with phonetics. He asks me
to spell out words for him, and the conversation goes something like
this:
Me:"Truck, starts with the letter T. T-R-U-C-K, t-ruck"
#2:"Truck. D-D-D Truck"

Me:"Car. Starts with the letter C. C-A-R, c-ar"
#2: "Car. D-D-D Car"

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)

Penny Gaines
October 18th 03, 06:08 PM
Robyn Kozierok wrote in >:
[snip]
> We don't have a Target but we do get explicit mention of the "star" in
> Wal*Mart and Evan also always reads the tiny "registered trade mark" R
> at the ends of trade names on packages. ;-)

We've got a t-shirt with the message "I'm a misc.kid" on the front.

When she was four, I told one kid it said "I'm a misc dot kid", and for
a long time afterwards she would read "dot" on the end of any other
sentance I was helping her to read. "Teddy is brushing his teeth dot.
Teddy is going to bed dot. Goodnight Teddy dot."

--

Penny Gaines

Jeff
October 21st 03, 02:31 AM
"Robyn Kozierok" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Hillary Israeli > wrote:
> >In >,
> >Robyn Kozierok > wrote:
> >
> >*Evan in the grocery store parking lot yesterday:
> >*
> >*"F-zero-R-D. Dat spells 'TRUCK!'"
> >
> >Call Ford! Get this on video! You could make some big bucks, he could
star
> >in the next commercial... :)
> >
> >(JUST JOKING!)
>
> I had that very thought (in a "just joking" way). Didn't Ford have an
> advertising campaign along these lines at some point?

I thought FORD stood for Found On the Road Dead or Fix Or Repair Daily.

Is America's funniest home videos still on?

Jeff
Proud owner of a '97 Ford Contour (with 101,000 mi).