PDA

View Full Version : halloween costumes

Karen G
October 22nd 03, 12:58 AM
I want to add some more items to my girls' dress up box. They have just
about worn out the Disney set that they got for Christmas last year. I
spent a couple of hours putting it back together a few months ago. I
was considering getting a few Halloween costumes on clearance, but I
have no idea when they actually go on sale. Does anybody know? Is this
a good source of character dress up clothes?

Karen G

Donna Metler
October 22nd 03, 12:11 PM
"Karen G" > wrote in message
> I want to add some more items to my girls' dress up box. They have just
> about worn out the Disney set that they got for Christmas last year. I
> spent a couple of hours putting it back together a few months ago. I
> was considering getting a few Halloween costumes on clearance, but I
> have no idea when they actually go on sale. Does anybody know? Is this
> a good source of character dress up clothes?
>
> Karen G

I'd visit Target/walmart, etc the day after halloween, and see what's on
clearance. The disney character dresses are often shelved in toys, not
seasonal, so probably won't go on sale, but certainly a lot of other things
will. I buy a lot of accessory and costume items for use in my music classes
when we do drama after halloween.

Kevin Karplus
October 22nd 03, 02:55 PM
In article >, Donna Metler wrote:

> "Karen G" > wrote in message
>> I want to add some more items to my girls' dress up box. They have just
>> about worn out the Disney set that they got for Christmas last year. I
>> spent a couple of hours putting it back together a few months ago. I
>> was considering getting a few Halloween costumes on clearance, but I
>> have no idea when they actually go on sale. Does anybody know? Is this
>> a good source of character dress up clothes?
>
> I'd visit Target/walmart, etc the day after halloween, and see what's on
> clearance. The disney character dresses are often shelved in toys, not
> seasonal, so probably won't go on sale, but certainly a lot of other things
> will. I buy a lot of accessory and costume items for use in my music classes
> when we do drama after halloween.

We've found thrift stores to be an excellent source of dress-up clothes.
Right after Halloween is a good time, since they bring out lots of the
weirder (better for dressup) clothes in October, and prices drop after
Halloween. For that matter, thrift stores are often a good place to
find parts of Halloween costumes, if you are willing to use some
ingenuity.

--
Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
Professor of Computer Engineering, University of California, Santa Cruz

Penny Gaines
October 22nd 03, 10:45 PM
Donna Metler wrote in >:

[snip]
> I'd visit Target/walmart, etc the day after halloween, and see what's on
> clearance. The disney character dresses are often shelved in toys, not
> seasonal, so probably won't go on sale, but certainly a lot of other
> things will. I buy a lot of accessory and costume items for use in my
> music classes when we do drama after halloween.

In the UK, seasonal items often go on sale before the event they are
celebrating - eg Easter eggs can go on sale the day before Easter.
It might be worth the OP's time to check a day or so before Halloween.

--

Penny Gaines