PDA

View Full Version : baby shivers

Erin
October 31st 03, 07:01 PM
Ok, hopefully this makes sense. I am just writing wondering if any of
you have seen your baby experience this.

My seven month old daughter has this shiver she does. You know kinda
what we have when we get a chill. She does it a couple of times a day.
I am probably over reacting, but it just worries me. Please let me
know if you have seen this too. Thanks!!

David desJardins
October 31st 03, 07:49 PM
Erin writes:
> My seven month old daughter has this shiver she does. You know kinda
> what we have when we get a chill. She does it a couple of times a day.
> I am probably over reacting, but it just worries me. Please let me
> know if you have seen this too. Thanks!!

I haven't seen this in my children, but I do get shivers. Not so often
as a couple of times a day, more like once a week (but in bursts). A
sudden shiver that doesn't seem really related to anything else. So
far, it doesn't seem to have done me any great harm.

The normal function of shivering is to generate heat by exercising
muscles in your body. Infants don't shiver effectively, though. I
assume you are keeping her warm enough?

David desJardins

Cheryl
November 1st 03, 02:47 AM
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:01:56 EST, (Erin) wrote:

>Ok, hopefully this makes sense. I am just writing wondering if any of
>you have seen your baby experience this.
>
>My seven month old daughter has this shiver she does. You know kinda
>what we have when we get a chill. She does it a couple of times a day.
>I am probably over reacting, but it just worries me. Please let me
>know if you have seen this too. Thanks!!

She might be peeing. My kids have been known to do this around the
same time as peeing, just like adults sometimes do when they've held
it in for a while.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)

Jeff
November 2nd 03, 09:14 PM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:01:56 EST, (Erin) wrote:
>
> >Ok, hopefully this makes sense. I am just writing wondering if any of
> >you have seen your baby experience this.
> >
> >My seven month old daughter has this shiver she does. You know kinda
> >what we have when we get a chill. She does it a couple of times a day.
> >I am probably over reacting, but it just worries me. Please let me
> >know if you have seen this too. Thanks!!
>
> She might be peeing. My kids have been known to do this around the
> same time as peeing, just like adults sometimes do when they've held
> it in for a while.
>

> --
> Cheryl
> Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)
> and DD (30 Jul 02)

Sometimes I shake like that when I pee (whether or not I hold it in for a
while) or sometimes just out of the blue. It has nothing to do with cold.
You might want to ask your kid's doctor about it.

Jeff