PDA

View Full Version : RE: PAS [parenting resources]

Tom Farley
November 28th 03, 06:39 PM
In article >, jsteam >
wrote:

> Need some help on parental alientation syndrome; it seems all my parenting
> efforts have been relegated to vapor.

Without some info about the issues involved, your parenting style or
practices, ages of children, etc. it is hard to offer specific
about parenting questions. These may be found through child health
clinics, school counselors, community service agencies, churches,
youth recreation programs, etc.

I have worked as a bookseller of books for children and parents for
about twenty years. There are good books on parenting and styles of
discipline. Some give more of a recipe approach: when A happens, do
B. Others offer more of an over all framework or philosophy.
Personally, I prefer those, though they may be less useful in dealing
with a crisis. I particularly like "Kids are Worth It: Giving Your
Child the Gift of Inner Discipline" by Barbara Coloroso. I expect
others here will have additions to a list of favorite books on
discipline.

--
Tom Farley - http://www.spont.com
Spontaneous Combustion Storytellers: workshops and performances