PDA

View Full Version : Christmas present request -- can you identify this?

iowacookiemom
December 8th 03, 02:49 PM
It's so hard to find anything an 11 year old wants that doesn't cost
$500, and even harder to get an 11 year old boy to be specific about
clothing he might want... so I was thrilled when Henry mentioned he
would like a certain kind of shirt. It sounds vaguely familiar to me,
but I can't identify the brand and I'm going blind scrolling through
page after page of catalogs on the internet...

He describes it like this: A short sleeved camp shirt (straight,
vented bottom) with a coordinating t-shirt underneath that has a
"swirly black" pattern running across the chest. I'm unsure if the
camp shirt is the same or similar color of the t-shirt, whether the
camp shirt is a solid color or pattern, etc.

Can anyone identify a brand name or source?

Thanks in advance,

Dawn
Mom to Henry, 11

Robyn Kozierok
December 8th 03, 08:02 PM
Dawn's request (with which I can't help, sorry Dawn!) reminded me that I
have one of my own.

Does anyone know where I can get heavyweight long-sleeved shirts with
fabric like that of a good rugby shirt, but without the typical rugby
shirt collar in boys sizes? Ryan (10yo) has decided that he finds the
collars uncomfortable, but likes the fabric of the shirts...
We don't have many brick&mortar clothing stores nearby, so online
sources are especially appreciated...

any thoughts?

Thanks,
--Robyn

Scott
December 8th 03, 08:21 PM
Robyn Kozierok wrote:
> Dawn's request (with which I can't help, sorry Dawn!) reminded me that I
> have one of my own.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get heavyweight long-sleeved shirts with
> fabric like that of a good rugby shirt, but without the typical rugby
> shirt collar in boys sizes? Ryan (10yo) has decided that he finds the
> collars uncomfortable, but likes the fabric of the shirts...
> We don't have many brick&mortar clothing stores nearby, so online
> sources are especially appreciated...

I would call Lands End and ask them. (Actually, *I*
would ask the BH, who works there -- I'll do that
tonight)

scott DD 10 and DS 7.5, often in LE clothes
really at netscape dot net

Karen G
December 8th 03, 09:58 PM
> He describes it like this: A short sleeved camp shirt (straight,
> vented bottom) with a coordinating t-shirt underneath that has a
> "swirly black" pattern running across the chest. I'm unsure if the
> camp shirt is the same or similar color of the t-shirt, whether the
> camp shirt is a solid color or pattern, etc.

The style sounds like Gap or Old Navy. It might be Levis. You might
ask one of his friend's moms.

Karen

Mary Gordon
December 10th 03, 08:58 PM
Have you tried Gap?

http://www.gap.com/asp/dept_index_all_paging.asp?wdid=3020

If you scroll down on the above page, you will see a collarless rugby
shirt in assorted colours. I live in Toronto, and my sons like Gap
long sleeved pullover shirts - they make a variety in heavy cotton
knit that are like rugger shirt fabric (and I've seen many styles that
seem to be in the stores only but not on this web page).

Mary G.

Robyn Kozierok
December 11th 03, 01:46 AM
In article >,
Scott > wrote:
>Robyn Kozierok wrote:
>> Does anyone know where I can get heavyweight long-sleeved shirts with
>> fabric like that of a good rugby shirt, but without the typical rugby
>> shirt collar in boys sizes? Ryan (10yo) has decided that he finds the
>> collars uncomfortable, but likes the fabric of the shirts...
>> We don't have many brick&mortar clothing stores nearby, so online
>> sources are especially appreciated...
>
>I would call Lands End and ask them. (Actually, *I*
>would ask the BH, who works there -- I'll do that
>tonight)

Thanks! They do have a V-neck version! I'd prefer a crew but
I'm glad to at least find this.

--Robyn

Robyn Kozierok
December 16th 03, 02:44 PM
In article >,
Mary Gordon > wrote:
>Have you tried Gap?
>
>http://www.gap.com/asp/dept_index_all_paging.asp?wdid=3020
>
>If you scroll down on the above page, you will see a collarless rugby
>shirt in assorted colours. I live in Toronto, and my sons like Gap
>long sleeved pullover shirts - they make a variety in heavy cotton
>knit that are like rugger shirt fabric (and I've seen many styles that
>seem to be in the stores only but not on this web page).

Thanks, those look great! We don't have a Gap locally, but I'll
probably order some of these for him.

--Robyn