PDA

View Full Version : CTTS: 5yo and snow

Penny Gaines
December 14th 03, 02:30 AM
Dh asked the 5yo if she wanted a "white Christmas with snow everywhere".

She considered for a moment and said "no, not everywhere. Just snow
outside."

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Lee
December 22nd 03, 05:48 PM
Penny Gaines said:

>Dh asked the 5yo if she wanted a "white Christmas with snow everywhere".
>
>She considered for a moment and said "no, not everywhere. Just snow
>outside."

We had a 5 year old neighbor in the house recently who was
curious about what it meant to wish for a "white Christmas".

He confused me for a bit, because he understood what a white
Christmas was, but didn't understand how it could make sense
to wish for it to happen.

After some discussion, I realized that he thought that some
parts of the planet were always covered with snow, and that
others were more like ours, where the ground is never covered
with snow.

Most of the snow he had seen on TV was in nature shows about
the Arctic or Antarctic.

H Schinske
December 22nd 03, 06:12 PM
>Penny Gaines said:
>>
>>Dh asked the 5yo if she wanted a "white Christmas with snow everywhere".
>>
>>She considered for a moment and said "no, not everywhere. Just snow
>>outside."

When my son first saw snow (well, probably not the first time, but the first
time he was old enough to talk at all) he said "Oooh, bubbles!"

--Helen

Iowacookiemom
January 1st 04, 08:08 PM
>When my son first saw snow (well, probably not the first time, but the first
>time he was old enough to talk at all) he said "Oooh, bubbles!"

LOL. Henry used to call green grapes "bubbles."

-Dawn
Mom to Henry, 11

Weyoun the Dancing Borg
January 27th 04, 01:51 PM
Iowacookiemom wrote:

>> When my son first saw snow (well, probably not the first time, but
>> the first time he was old enough to talk at all) he said "Oooh,
>> bubbles!"
>
> LOL. Henry used to call green grapes "bubbles."
>
> -Dawn
> Mom to Henry, 11

I used to call bananas "Berlurlurs.