PDA

View Full Version : [CTTS] Saddam Hussein's Ultimate Punishment?

Claire Petersky
January 7th 04, 07:14 AM
My kids were having a lively discussion about what the fate of Saddam
Hussein should be.

Their verdict: to be sentenced to serve as the Bennett Elementary School
lunchroom volunteer for Life. I guess they consider this worse than the
death penalty.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:
Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

Noreen Cooper
January 7th 04, 07:00 PM
:
: Their verdict: to be sentenced to serve as the Bennett Elementary School
: lunchroom volunteer for Life. I guess they consider this worse than the
: death penalty.

I give all the yard duties and lunchroom attendants at my son's elementary
school a token holiday present every year to show my appreciation for the
work they do. It's a very difficult and thankless job to keep order and
safety on the playground and in the lunchroom but without them it'd be
Lord of the Flies II. So, yes, it'd be a fitting punishment, indeed, if
you're looking to stress out someone to the max.

Noreen

Robyn Kozierok
January 8th 04, 01:45 AM
In article >,
Noreen Cooper > wrote:

>I give all the yard duties and lunchroom attendants at my son's elementary
>school a token holiday present every year to show my appreciation for the
>work they do.

So, what do folks use for "token holiday presents" when there are
a ton of school staff you want to thank?

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)
Check out the new TCP/IP Guide! http://www.tcpipguide.com

Beth Kevles
January 8th 04, 12:02 PM
For token holiday gifts for a lot of staff, I send in a box of
interesting chocolates or a pie, along with a holiday note to the staff
from my kids, and let everyone share. Only teachers/staff with whom we
have a closer relationship get individual cards and gifts.

For what it's worth, the teachers seem to appreciate the cards more than
the gifts, as a rule.

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

Noreen Cooper
January 8th 04, 12:02 PM
Robyn Kozierok > wrote:

: So, what do folks use for "token holiday presents" when there are
: a ton of school staff you want to thank?

Gourmet jams from a reputable distributor: http://rogaland.com/products/
I chose the Cloudberry and Lingonberry spreads since both are hard to come
by in the U.S.

You can also buy sale products such as lemon curd, gourmet chutneys, or
unusual jams from specialty stores such as Molly Stones for under $4.00
U.S. dollars.

Noreen

Iowacookiemom
January 10th 04, 06:23 PM
>Robyn Kozierok > wrote:
>
>: So, what do folks use for "token holiday presents" when there are
>: a ton of school staff you want to thank?

When we lived in the midwest and had a Great Harvest bread store nearby
(sigh...), I gave their certificates for one loaf of bread (I think they were
around $3.50 each). Folks loved them.

-Dawn
Mom to Henry, 11