PDA

View Full Version : The Egad Bad Dad award goes to...

Scott
February 23rd 04, 06:18 PM
I'm afraid that would be me today.

Today before going to the bus stop to see DS off to school, I told
DD I'm come back and walk her to school. And then after DS got on
the bus, I biked into work. When I got in, I looked at the clock,
exclaimed to myself at how early I was, and then D'oh! It occurred
to me that I had forgotten all about DD. Oops. Called home,
the BH said DD was upset, but she walked to school alone.

Major Mea Culpas when I get home, I'm afraid :)

Scott DD 10.5 and DS 8, really at notscape det not

Rosalie B.
February 23rd 04, 07:40 PM
x-no-archive:yes

Scott > wrote:

>I'm afraid that would be me today.
>
>Today before going to the bus stop to see DS off to school, I told
>DD I'm come back and walk her to school. And then after DS got on
>the bus, I biked into work. When I got in, I looked at the clock,
>exclaimed to myself at how early I was, and then D'oh! It occurred
>to me that I had forgotten all about DD. Oops. Called home,
>the BH said DD was upset, but she walked to school alone.
>
>Major Mea Culpas when I get home, I'm afraid :)
>
>Scott DD 10.5 and DS 8, really at notscape det not

I went to pick up ds from football practice, and drove back and forth
along the road for about half an hour without remembering to turn in
to the road to pick him up (it was on my work commute). The coach was
annoyed.

My dad went to take my sister and me to Sunday school and we got to
sing in German (first the alphabet song and then something about
leaving or losing your socks in a bar) and when we looked around, he'd
driven half way down town (his commute to work), and were way to late
to get to Sunday school.

I know at least once, I had a dental appointment downtown and went
down on the bus to be picked up by my parents on their way home, and
they didn't remember until they got home and had to come all the way
back downtown for us.

grandma Rosalie