PDA

View Full Version : adjusting to bunk beds

Karen G
March 3rd 04, 05:23 AM
We did it. We finally found a reasonably priced and reasonable nice
looking set of bunkbeds for our girls' room. We opted for standard
bunkbeds (I posted a while back about loft beds and L shaped sets), but
low ones considering their age. We got them set up and the older one is
thrilled with her perch. The younger one is thrilled with her alcove.
Both are quite happy with the additional floor space for playing in
their room.

As expected, the older one did run into a problem with the ladder. She
fell going up when she wasn't paying attention. She knew it was her own
fault and reacted pretty well. She's still thrilled with her space, but
much more careful about the ladder. The reason I am posting is that we
added the non-skid tape to the ladder both to remind her and give her
some extra traction. The painted wood surface is pretty slippery in
socks. We also gave her a pen light to keep near the ladder at night.

Karen G