PDA

View Full Version : CTTD: Making up the rules as we go

Ann Porter
March 4th 04, 04:03 AM
Today, my 4 y/o wanted to play the "no talking" game. The rules were, the
first one to talk or laugh, loses. He said "ready, set, go," and we started
the game.

Well, I didn't have anything in particular that HAD to be said, what with
being 44 and all. So in a few minutes, he says, "Mommy, another rule is,
when I whisper, you have to talk, and then you lose."

Nothing like stacking the deck in your own favor!

--
Where we are weak, harshness and fear will not make us strong;
where we are strong, gentleness and forebearance will not make us weak. --

Brad
March 4th 04, 11:58 AM
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:03:48 -0500, Ann Porter wrote:

> Today, my 4 y/o wanted to play the "no talking" game. The rules were, the
> first one to talk or laugh, loses. He said "ready, set, go," and we started
> the game.
>
> Well, I didn't have anything in particular that HAD to be said, what with
> being 44 and all. So in a few minutes, he says, "Mommy, another rule is,
> when I whisper, you have to talk, and then you lose."
>
> Nothing like stacking the deck in your own favor!
>
> --
> Where we are weak, harshness and fear will not make us strong;
> where we are strong, gentleness and forebearance will not make us weak. --
> Jamie

I think he is very smart.. Since, whispering isn't really talking :p

Kelly in Oz
Mummy to Emily 2.5yrs and Isabella 15mths