PDA

View Full Version : Hello

May 19th 05, 10:19 PM
I miss everyone.
How is everyone doing? How is Katx rash?

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color.
Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your
friends by their color is unthinkable." -Anon.

Cele
May 20th 05, 12:19 AM
On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:19:32 GMT, "V"
> claimed:

>I miss everyone.

Yeah, it's pretty quiet in here these days, isn't it?

>How is everyone doing? How is Katx rash?

Can't speak for xkatx's rash, but she looked pretty healthy
and was great company when I saw her a couple of weeks ago
in Edmonton.

And CME took me to the West Edmonton Mall with her
incredibly polite, delightful sons. All in all, it was a
good trip - very productive for work, as well as the fun of
meeting my fellow Canadian asspers. :-)

There's never a dull moment around here, all the same. T was
hit by a car, while crossing a street downtown, a couple of
weeks ago (the day after I got back from Edmonton). She's
ok, but at emerg they thought she'd broken her leg. Turns
out it's just major muscle bruising, but ugh! And it was a
hit and run, too - not very darned nice. All the same, in
the midst of all that, she left her old job, got herself a
new one that she's pleased with, and we all attend her
graduation ceremonies on June 1. Believe me when I tell you,
that's a very big deal.

D is very happy with her new job at FedEx and her partner is
starting his college course in June. She's enrolled to do a
B.A. in psychology (hi, Kate! :-) ) starting this fall. So
the kids are in good shape. It's very interesting having an
empty nest. I'm actually glad Paul and Pete'll be here to
fill it soon.

On that front, I finish work at the end of June & will go to
Wales to join my <ahem> husband and stepson immediately
thereafter. At that point, Paul has another month of school,
so I'm hoping to get a contract with my employer to develop
some courses & manuals that we need for the Online program
during that time. Either way, once Paul's off at the
second-last week of June, we'll do the remaining packing &
organising for their immigration, and some visiting &
partying as well, and then the three of us will fly home.

Meanwhile, I've got one more trip away from here for work
(Vancouver Island, nothing exotic), and then we're in the
home stretch. I'm doing some catchup right now because last
week I was home in bed all week with a raging case of strep
throat, as well as trying to advise T on her injury claim.
Now the throat's fine but I'm having a semi-annual episode
of back pain, so am typing on the laptop in bed while I try
to immobilze things long enough for the flare to subside.
But hey, how lucky am I, to have a job that I can actually
continue to do while lying in bed? I figure that's grounds
for rejoicing, right there.

OK, that's my update. How's everyone else doing?????

Be well, everyone.

Cele

(PS: Dennis, are you reading? Paul's talking about visiting
his brother in Ireland in July. You gonna be around?)

CME
May 20th 05, 03:40 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:19:32 GMT, "V"
> > claimed:
>
>>I miss everyone.
>
> Yeah, it's pretty quiet in here these days, isn't it?
>
>>How is everyone doing? How is Katx rash?
>
> Can't speak for xkatx's rash, but she looked pretty healthy
> and was great company when I saw her a couple of weeks ago
> in Edmonton.
>
> And CME took me to the West Edmonton Mall with her
> incredibly polite, delightful sons. All in all, it was a
> good trip - very productive for work, as well as the fun of
> meeting my fellow Canadian asspers. :-)

The pleasure was all mine, it was so neat to put a face and voice to years
of text. Btw I still have those pics on my phone of the fire breathing
dragon. lol

Oh geez I'm glad to hear T's ok. Any chance they'll catch the *******?

> D is very happy with her new job at FedEx and her partner is
> starting his college course in June. She's enrolled to do a
> B.A. in psychology (hi, Kate! :-) ) starting this fall. So
> the kids are in good shape. It's very interesting having an
> empty nest. I'm actually glad Paul and Pete'll be here to
> fill it soon.
>
> On that front, I finish work at the end of June & will go to
> Wales to join my <ahem> husband and stepson immediately
> thereafter. At that point, Paul has another month of school,
> so I'm hoping to get a contract with my employer to develop
> some courses & manuals that we need for the Online program
> during that time. Either way, once Paul's off at the
> second-last week of June, we'll do the remaining packing &
> organising for their immigration, and some visiting &
> partying as well, and then the three of us will fly home.

Oh I wish you good luck, what an exciting time for you both. I'm oh so
envious!

> Meanwhile, I've got one more trip away from here for work
> (Vancouver Island, nothing exotic), and then we're in the
> home stretch. I'm doing some catchup right now because last
> week I was home in bed all week with a raging case of strep
> throat, as well as trying to advise T on her injury claim.

Oh I used to chronically get strep throat due to stress... I almost had my
tonsils out last year so I feel your pain.

> Now the throat's fine but I'm having a semi-annual episode
> of back pain, so am typing on the laptop in bed while I try
> to immobilze things long enough for the flare to subside.
> But hey, how lucky am I, to have a job that I can actually
> continue to do while lying in bed? I figure that's grounds
> for rejoicing, right there.
>
> OK, that's my update. How's everyone else doing?????

We're all well here, it's almost my birthday though so I'm going through a
pre-midlife crisis. The crunch before 30, yeah laugh all you like but I'm
feeling this pressure I should be married and settled down. ~sigh~

I might be going back to Australia in June though, this time to Sydney and
I'm wondering if it's the right thing to do because I don't want to take my
sons with me due to missing school etc but I have a job offer and plans I
need to check out and I actually need to be there. Ahhhhhhh choices,
choices.

Anyways, that's my crazy life atm. lol

Christine

May 25th 05, 02:47 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:19:32 GMT, "V"
> > claimed:
>
>>I miss everyone.
> Yeah, it's pretty quiet in here these days, isn't it?

The calm before the storm?

>>How is everyone doing? How is Katx rash?
>
> Can't speak for xkatx's rash, but she looked pretty healthy
> and was great company when I saw her a couple of weeks ago
> in Edmonton.

Great!

> And CME took me to the West Edmonton Mall with her
> incredibly polite, delightful sons. All in all, it was a
> good trip - very productive for work, as well as the fun of
> meeting my fellow Canadian asspers. :-)

I am sooo jealous. I wished assper lived close...or visited....boo hiss

> There's never a dull moment around here, all the same. T was
> hit by a car, while crossing a street downtown, a couple of
> weeks ago (the day after I got back from Edmonton). She's
> ok, but at emerg they thought she'd broken her leg. Turns
> out it's just major muscle bruising, but ugh! And it was a
> hit and run, too - not very darned nice. All the same, in
> the midst of all that, she left her old job, got herself a
> new one that she's pleased with, and we all attend her
> graduation ceremonies on June 1. Believe me when I tell you,
> that's a very big deal.
>
> D is very happy with her new job at FedEx and her partner is
> starting his college course in June. She's enrolled to do a
> B.A. in psychology (hi, Kate! :-) ) starting this fall. So
> the kids are in good shape. It's very interesting having an
> empty nest. I'm actually glad Paul and Pete'll be here to
> fill it soon.
>
> On that front, I finish work at the end of June & will go to
> Wales to join my <ahem> husband and stepson immediately
> thereafter. At that point, Paul has another month of school,
> so I'm hoping to get a contract with my employer to develop
> some courses & manuals that we need for the Online program
> during that time. Either way, once Paul's off at the
> second-last week of June, we'll do the remaining packing &
> organising for their immigration, and some visiting &
> partying as well, and then the three of us will fly home.
>
> Meanwhile, I've got one more trip away from here for work
> (Vancouver Island, nothing exotic), and then we're in the
> home stretch. I'm doing some catchup right now because last
> week I was home in bed all week with a raging case of strep
> throat, as well as trying to advise T on her injury claim.
> Now the throat's fine but I'm having a semi-annual episode
> of back pain, so am typing on the laptop in bed while I try
> to immobilze things long enough for the flare to subside.
> But hey, how lucky am I, to have a job that I can actually
> continue to do while lying in bed? I figure that's grounds
> for rejoicing, right there.
>
> OK, that's my update. How's everyone else doing?????
>
> Be well, everyone.
>
> Cele
>
> (PS: Dennis, are you reading? Paul's talking about visiting
> his brother in Ireland in July. You gonna be around?)

Geesh..that is "ALL"?
Need a nerve pill?

May 25th 05, 02:51 PM
"'Kate-" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:19:32 GMT, "V" > the
> following was posted in blue crayon:
>
>>I miss everyone.
>>How is everyone doing? How is Katx rash?
>
> Hi there!
> I have another 12 days or so off so I'm enjoying the freedom. BF & I
> went for a free 1/2 hour massage today. Sublime. Then out to lunch &
> did some walking around and window shopping. What have you been up
> to?
>
> 'Kate
> How is xkatx's rash?

Oh a maaaaaassage....whoo
I go to the schools to get all that done for cheaper and it is such a nice
treat.
Enjoy the time off.
All is well here. Might take a different position at work. Unsure of it
all...hate these forks in the road. Thinking about holding off on law school
as I am competely burnt out.....I might work on my masters in counseling
instead....my daughter and I can go to law school together...lol...
I bet you have no idea what burnout is eh? lol...
My kidlets are awesome and are about to be out for the summer. I dread
seeing them off on a plane for the first time, but they will do well I am
sure and they need to see their dad as well.
I will drive like 5 hours there and back to see them off.....and again three
weeks later.
I miss them when they are gone, but will work, work, work, to ensure money
for car.
Huggies,

Cele
May 28th 05, 06:44 AM
On Fri, 20 May 2005 02:40:25 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:19:32 GMT, "V"
>> > claimed:
>>
>>>I miss everyone.
>>
>> Yeah, it's pretty quiet in here these days, isn't it?
>>
>>>How is everyone doing? How is Katx rash?
>>
>> Can't speak for xkatx's rash, but she looked pretty healthy
>> and was great company when I saw her a couple of weeks ago
>> in Edmonton.
>>
>> And CME took me to the West Edmonton Mall with her
>> incredibly polite, delightful sons. All in all, it was a
>> good trip - very productive for work, as well as the fun of
>> meeting my fellow Canadian asspers. :-)
>>

>The pleasure was all mine, it was so neat to put a face and voice to years
>of text. Btw I still have those pics on my phone of the fire breathing
>dragon. lol

It was, wasn't it? We may have a chance to see you both again in the
summer. Paul, Pete & I are headed to Whitehorse for a wedding, and are
considering driving out via Alberta, taking Pete to the mall & then
coming home through Banff/Jasper. I'll keep you posted. And I'll
remember the camera for the dragon! Damn, that was something!

>> There's never a dull moment around here, all the same. T was
>> hit by a car, while crossing a street downtown, a couple of
>> weeks ago (the day after I got back from Edmonton). She's
>> ok, but at emerg they thought she'd broken her leg. Turns
>> out it's just major muscle bruising, but ugh! And it was a
>> hit and run, too - not very darned nice. All the same, in
>> the midst of all that, she left her old job, got herself a
>> new one that she's pleased with, and we all attend her
>> graduation ceremonies on June 1. Believe me when I tell you,
>> that's a very big deal.
>
>Oh geez I'm glad to hear T's ok. Any chance they'll catch the *******?

It was a woman, and no, I guess it's pretty unlikely. I haven't heard
much. T's living on her own and they've probably talked to her, rather
than me, so I'll have to follow up and see what's happening. The good
thing is there'll be a small insurance settlement to cover lost wages
& the like.

>> D is very happy with her new job at FedEx and her partner is
>> starting his college course in June. She's enrolled to do a
>> B.A. in psychology (hi, Kate! :-) ) starting this fall. So
>> the kids are in good shape. It's very interesting having an
>> empty nest. I'm actually glad Paul and Pete'll be here to
>> fill it soon.
>>
>> On that front, I finish work at the end of June & will go to
>> Wales to join my <ahem> husband and stepson immediately
>> thereafter. At that point, Paul has another month of school,
>> so I'm hoping to get a contract with my employer to develop
>> some courses & manuals that we need for the Online program
>> during that time. Either way, once Paul's off at the
>> second-last week of June, we'll do the remaining packing &
>> organising for their immigration, and some visiting &
>> partying as well, and then the three of us will fly home.
>
>Oh I wish you good luck, what an exciting time for you both. I'm oh so
>envious!

I can't quite believe it myself. It will be *awfully* nice to actually
be able to begin our lives together properly. This being together for
a week after marrying and then doing two and a half months on
different continents is not to be recommended. [sigh] Mind you, we're
down to a month now, and tomorrow I go buy the ticket, 'cause today's
payday!

With a bit of luck, we'll be able to connect with Dennis, who, BTW, is
not ignoring us, but rather struggling with a crappy emailer problem.

>> Meanwhile, I've got one more trip away from here for work
>> (Vancouver Island, nothing exotic), and then we're in the
>> home stretch. I'm doing some catchup right now because last
>> week I was home in bed all week with a raging case of strep
>> throat, as well as trying to advise T on her injury claim.
>
>Oh I used to chronically get strep throat due to stress... I almost had my
>tonsils out last year so I feel your pain.

I'm better now, but it was sure nasty, and right after that, my back
went out. I'm almost human again at last. As for the chronic potential
of strep, I know what you mean. The year T was born, I got it every
month, like clockwork, for 13 straight months, from two months to
fifteen months. They were *just* talking tonsillectomy when I finally
skipped a month, and then the bouts got further apart. Now I only get
it every few years.

>> Now the throat's fine but I'm having a semi-annual episode
>> of back pain, so am typing on the laptop in bed while I try
>> to immobilze things long enough for the flare to subside.
>> But hey, how lucky am I, to have a job that I can actually
>> continue to do while lying in bed? I figure that's grounds
>> for rejoicing, right there.
>>
>> OK, that's my update. How's everyone else doing?????
>>

>We're all well here, it's almost my birthday though so I'm going through a
>pre-midlife crisis. The crunch before 30, yeah laugh all you like but I'm
>feeling this pressure I should be married and settled down. ~sigh~

Hey, happy birthday! The thirties are better than the 20s anyway. And,
for that matter, the 40s are MUCH better than either of them. It only
gets better.

Hell with married and settled down. You've got those to beautiful boys
and when the time is right for marriage, you'll know.

>I might be going back to Australia in June though, this time to Sydney and
>I'm wondering if it's the right thing to do because I don't want to take my
>sons with me due to missing school etc but I have a job offer and plans I
>need to check out and I actually need to be there. Ahhhhhhh choices,
>choices.

Unless your boys have serious school problems, a week or even a month
in Sydney won't do 'em a lick of harm at their age. They'll learn more
from the trip than they will from the dying days of the school year,
believe me. You can say a teacher said so. LOL

>Anyways, that's my crazy life atm. lol
>
>Christine

They're good choices, though, so that's something at least. Good luck!

Cele

Cele
May 28th 05, 06:47 AM
On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:47:53 GMT, "V" > wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 19 May 2005 21:19:32 GMT, "V"
>> > claimed:
>>
>>>I miss everyone.
>> Yeah, it's pretty quiet in here these days, isn't it?
>

>The calm before the storm?

Let's hope not. But then, we've done lively weather before, eh?

>>>How is everyone doing? How is Katx rash?
>>
>> Can't speak for xkatx's rash, but she looked pretty healthy
>> and was great company when I saw her a couple of weeks ago
>> in Edmonton.
>

>Great!

Yeah, it was good fun, really.

>> And CME took me to the West Edmonton Mall with her
>> incredibly polite, delightful sons. All in all, it was a
>> good trip - very productive for work, as well as the fun of
>> meeting my fellow Canadian asspers. :-)
>

>I am sooo jealous. I wished assper lived close...or visited....boo hiss

I can't remember where you live? Paul's new to North America, at
least, to most of it, so we're rather planning some wandering in times
ahead. You never know, asspers might come to you one day.

[snip high drama in my life]

>Geesh..that is "ALL"?
>Need a nerve pill?

Heh. Nah, I've had the shots. LOL

Take care.

Cele

May 29th 05, 03:46 AM
"'Kate-" > wrote in message
snip'> This is a nice place now, isn't it? :-) I was just thinking that
the
> other day.
>
> Hugs back atcha!
> 'Kate

It kinda makes me wanna sing kumbaya and hold hands with everyone....even
the mean people.

May 29th 05, 03:47 AM
Cele wrote:

> Heh. Nah, I've had the shots. LOL
>
> Take care.
>
> Cele

Hey waitah minute!
What shot and where is the hook up?
lol...

Cele
May 29th 05, 07:17 AM
On Sun, 29 May 2005 02:47:57 GMT, "V" > wrote:

>Cele wrote:
>>
>> Heh. Nah, I've had the shots. LOL
>>
>> Take care.
>>
>> Cele
>
>Hey waitah minute!
>What shot and where is the hook up?
>lol...

[g] Ya hafta raise one, and then they tell ya. LMAO

All I'm going to say is, have you heard of aversion therapy?

[g]

Cele

Cele
May 29th 05, 07:18 AM
On Sun, 29 May 2005 04:43:47 GMT, 'Kate- >
wrote:

>On Sun, 29 May 2005 02:46:24 GMT, "V" > the
>following was posted in blue crayon:
>

>>It kinda makes me wanna sing kumbaya and hold hands with everyone....even
>>the mean people.
>
>Yeah. toss in a pitcher of strawberry daquiri's and I'm game!

"we shall overcome...."

Damn. We're children of the sixties. No WONDER I bought that floral
skirt today....

Cele

CME
May 29th 05, 11:30 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 04:43:47 GMT, 'Kate- >
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 29 May 2005 02:46:24 GMT, "V" > the
>>following was posted in blue crayon:
>>

>>>It kinda makes me wanna sing kumbaya and hold hands with everyone....even
>>>the mean people.
>>
>>Yeah. toss in a pitcher of strawberry daquiri's and I'm game!
>
> "we shall overcome...."
>
> Damn. We're children of the sixties. No WONDER I bought that floral
> skirt today....
>
> Cele

I bought a rainbow top yesterday... ok it looks better than it sounds. lol
And I'm not mean, I'm blunt.

Christine

May 30th 05, 03:49 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 04:43:47 GMT, 'Kate- >
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 29 May 2005 02:46:24 GMT, "V" > the
>>following was posted in blue crayon:
>>

>>>It kinda makes me wanna sing kumbaya and hold hands with everyone....even
>>>the mean people.
>>
>>Yeah. toss in a pitcher of strawberry daquiri's and I'm game!
>
> "we shall overcome...."
>
> Damn. We're children of the sixties. No WONDER I bought that floral
> skirt today....
>
> Cele

I have an old soul. I am only 33...