PDA

View Full Version : Re: Patting the belly...

Stephanie S
July 8th 03, 09:16 PM
"Jennifer Rasmussen" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Rupert" > wrote in message
> om...
> > My wife's belly is getting big enough that people (friends) are
> > starting to rub it and talk to the baby. Its funny how people feel
> > free to come up and pat someone's belly when she is pregnant. My wife
> > doesn't mind (I think she enjoys it, being so excited about it all)...
> > Just an interesting observation.
>

> I'm glad your wife is a better sport than me :-). Friends/family are
> great - I love that they are excited about the baby. But I cannot
> fathom the nerve of a total stranger coming up to me and touching me,
> and I am not polite about it when they do. As far as I'm concerned,
> invading the personal space of and laying your hands on a total stranger
> is assault.
>
> Keep them away!
> Jen

I have had people come up to me with tentative outstretched hand, as if
asking for permission. I do not say anything. I do not really care one way
or the other. I just think it is funny to see them hovering there with their
hand in the air. Man, am I mean or what?

Rupert
July 9th 03, 12:52 PM
Astromum > wrote in message >...
> Rupert wrote:
> > Astromum > wrote in message >...

> >>/pat pat So how many weeks are you along? :)
> >>
> >>Feel better?
> >

> > It appears that I am about 20-24 weeks along... :-)
>
> /ROFL
> Ah, congrats! So you must have felt movement by now?
> Or is it your first? :-D
>
> (This is where you say: 'no, it was the second pint that did it')

Hmmm... Should I tarnish this board with a gross "movement" joke?

Rupert
July 11th 03, 01:09 PM
"Em" > wrote in message news:<zkfPa.26689$Ph3.2152@sccrnsc04>...
> "Rupert" > wrote in message
> > My wife's belly is getting big enough that people (friends) are
> > starting to rub it and talk to the baby. Its funny how people feel
> > free to come up and pat someone's belly when she is pregnant. My wife
> > doesn't mind (I think she enjoys it, being so excited about it all)...
> > Just an interesting observation.
>
> I haven't had a stranger pat my belly, but I have had *lots* of other people
> do it--even ones I don't know very well at all. I'm not a very "touchy"
> person by nature, so it is a little odd, but doesn't bother me like I
> thought it mgiht. But, I also feel kind of like The Belly is a separate
> entity from me, so it doesn't really feel like they are touching *me.* Hmm.
> Does that make sense?
>
> > Nobody pats my belly! :-(
>
> Aww! You poor wittle thing <pat, pat>

Well, thank you. It appears I have been pregnant now for about 5 years.

KR
July 11th 03, 07:07 PM
I would have to agree! Although nobody pats my belly except DH so
far, i wouldn't want people I barely know, coworkers, etc. coming up
to me and touching me. That's just wierd.