PDA

View Full Version : Off Bedrest!

Chotii
July 9th 03, 01:02 AM
Weeeeoooooo!

My OB told me today that I can do "anything I feel up to doing". I haven't
dilated any further despite being up and around quite a lot yesterday and
today (still at 1cm). So...you can believe I'll be up and around!

I even *drove* for the first time in almost 12 weeks, *walked* in to my
appointment.....man, oh, man, freedom is sweet!

--angela

Truffles
July 9th 03, 02:06 AM
Chotii wrote:

> Weeeeoooooo!
>
> My OB told me today that I can do "anything I feel up to doing". I haven't
> dilated any further despite being up and around quite a lot yesterday and
> today (still at 1cm). So...you can believe I'll be up and around!
>
> I even *drove* for the first time in almost 12 weeks, *walked* in to my
> appointment.....man, oh, man, freedom is sweet!
>
> --angela

Absolutely wonderful!!!! :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Alicia Elliott
July 9th 03, 05:35 AM
Oh, Good for you Angela, it must feel so great to have that freedom. : )
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well, it's been a tough road for
you the last several months. Good for you for hanging in there and taking
care of yourself. Keep us posted!
-Alicia

"Chotii" > wrote in message
> Weeeeoooooo!
>
> My OB told me today that I can do "anything I feel up to doing". I haven't
> dilated any further despite being up and around quite a lot yesterday and
> today (still at 1cm). So...you can believe I'll be up and around!
>
> I even *drove* for the first time in almost 12 weeks, *walked* in to my
> appointment.....man, oh, man, freedom is sweet!
>
> --angela

Di
July 9th 03, 06:52 AM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:02:34 GMT, "Chotii" >
wrote:

>Weeeeoooooo!
>
>My OB told me today that I can do "anything I feel up to doing". I haven't
>dilated any further despite being up and around quite a lot yesterday and
>today (still at 1cm). So...you can believe I'll be up and around!
>
>I even *drove* for the first time in almost 12 weeks, *walked* in to my
>appointment.....man, oh, man, freedom is sweet!
>
>--angela

Great new Angela...

Di

H Schinske
July 9th 03, 07:51 AM
>On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:02:34 GMT, "Chotii" >
>wrote:
>
>>Weeeeoooooo!
>>
>>My OB told me today that I can do "anything I feel up to doing". I haven't
>>dilated any further despite being up and around quite a lot yesterday and
>>today (still at 1cm). So...you can believe I'll be up and around!

That's wonderful, Angela!

I know how long it's been -- remember that sweater I was making for Peter? I
not only finished that, but have made the front, back, neck, and most of a
sleeve of *another* sweater, *for me*, since that day I came in to see you.
Mind you I was being a little obsessive about knitting at every spare moment
for a while (me? Obsessive? Nah ...). But I thought about you a lot because it
seemed like such a visible symbol of how much time you had been putting in.

--Helen

Linz
July 9th 03, 10:22 AM
"Chotii" > wrote in message
> Weeeeoooooo!
>
> My OB told me today that I can do "anything I feel up to doing". I haven't
> dilated any further despite being up and around quite a lot yesterday and
> today (still at 1cm). So...you can believe I'll be up and around!
>
> I even *drove* for the first time in almost 12 weeks, *walked* in to my
> appointment.....man, oh, man, freedom is sweet!

Yay! I'm so pleased for you! Well done for getting through the last few
months!

JoelnCaryn
July 9th 03, 11:02 AM
>Weeeeoooooo!
>
>My OB told me today that I can do "anything I feel up to doing". I haven't
>dilated any further despite being up and around quite a lot yesterday and
>today (still at 1cm). So...you can believe I'll be up and around!

That's *great* news! I'm grinning ear to ear for you.

>I even *drove* for the first time in almost 12 weeks, *walked* in to my
>appointment.....man, oh, man, freedom is sweet!

I remember everything outside looking oddly unfamiliar after only a week and a
half in the hospital environs, and driving feeling *very* odd after three
weeks. Must be even stranger for you!

--
Caryn
mama to Oscar, 10/20/02

Stephanie S
July 9th 03, 08:27 PM
"Chotii" > wrote in message
> Weeeeoooooo!
>
> My OB told me today that I can do "anything I feel up to doing". I haven't
> dilated any further despite being up and around quite a lot yesterday and
> today (still at 1cm). So...you can believe I'll be up and around!
>
> I even *drove* for the first time in almost 12 weeks, *walked* in to my
> appointment.....man, oh, man, freedom is sweet!
>
> --angela

You are pretty well ready to go, right? That is good news indeed. Pretty
soon you will be walking with that baby in your arms.

Incidentally, you were a big help to me with the effacing scare I had, which
is OK by the way.

naffi
July 10th 03, 04:25 AM
"Linz" > wrote in message

> "Chotii" > wrote in message
> > Weeeeoooooo!
> >
> > My OB told me today that I can do "anything I feel up to doing". I
haven't
> > dilated any further despite being up and around quite a lot yesterday
and
> > today (still at 1cm). So...you can believe I'll be up and around!
> >
> > I even *drove* for the first time in almost 12 weeks, *walked* in to my
> > appointment.....man, oh, man, freedom is sweet!

yay for you, hope everything goes smoothly for you from now on.

naffi

Sidheag McCormack
July 10th 03, 06:19 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy the freedom :-)

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th

Vicki S
July 10th 03, 11:28 PM
Chotii > wrote:
> ... My OB said on Tuesday that I could go another month. Oh please no.
> The irony of spending almost 12 weeks in bed, only to have baby not come
> for another 4 weeks after I got out of bed, would be too cruel.

Well, that would be nutty, ironic, and even downright unfair, but being
off bedrest does give you the opportunity to get some exercise to
prepare for the birth. Since you are so uncomfortable (been there with
the loose joints myself - ugh) perhaps swimming would be a good option?

I can hardly imagine trying to give birth after being forced to not
exercise for three whole months. I'd have been a wreck! But I'm not
only chronically out of shape, but also a massive wimp. :) So I'm
sure you'll do better than I would have. :)

---
--- Vicki in Indiana

Married my dear husband Joshua on May 21, 1995.
Ima shel ds, born 11/16/99 and breastfed for 22 months;
and Ima shel dd, still nursing. Born at home, 05/19/02.
http://www.geocities.com/vyxter/
An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy. -Spanish proverb
Baby names I like: Theodore, Corinne, Lionel, Adele, Timothy, Amelia,
Chloe, Orlando.

Em
July 11th 03, 03:40 AM
"Chotii" > wrote in message
> "Em" > wrote in message
> > Glad you're up & about at last, angela! Good job for keeping the baby
> > cooking for so long! (watch s/he be overdue now...;-)
>
> Oooh, don't say *that*. I'm in too much pain now! Baby feels so darned
> *low*, its little head pinching my cervix every time I get up. Plus my
> pelvis hurts - the sacrum is getting loose from the bones on either side,
so
> every time I get up I have to take a few very painful, unsteady steps
until
> things settle into place and work properly. Baby's head is not engaged
(and
> I don't expect it to be) but I've managed to get baby's back swung around
> now so its little butt is usually positioned under one breast or the
other,
> instead of being back against my kidneys. I'm hoping this counts as
> 'anterior' because dangit, I really want to go into this labor with as
many
> things in my favor as possible.

I hope I didn't jinx you with my "overdue" comment <hangs head in shame>
:-( I figure that it is a highly unlikely possibility, which is why it felt
"safe" to joke about!

> I'm having many contractions a day, and these are not 'braxton hicks'. For
> one thing, they *hurt*. Sometimes enough to make me whimper. But of course
> they don't recur or become regular (or they do, even as much as every 4-6
> minutes for a half hour, but then they die off). They're just a little
> stronger all the time. My OB said on Tuesday that I could go another
month.
> Oh please no. The irony of spending almost 12 weeks in bed, only to have
> baby not come for another 4 weeks after I got out of bed, would be too
> cruel.

Sounds like you're definitely gearing up for real labor. Does it feel kind
of funny to have gone from "hang in there for a few more weeks" to "I'm so
uncomfortable, I want you born!"?

I think it is so great that you hung in there for those 12 weeks though!Good
work! Hope baby shows up pretty soon.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03