PDA

View Full Version : Re: 2 1/4 year old keeps taking off diapers

Larry McMahan
July 9th 03, 03:01 AM
In misc.kids.pregnancy Nina > wrote:

: Thats when I would insist upon the underwear. The discomfort is part
: of the training process, they learn to use the potty because it IS so
: uncomfortable to be wet. The positive spin on this, they are rewarded
: for using the potty by being dry and comfy. They say kids take longer
: to train now because diapers are so good, the kids never feel wet and
: uncomfy.

IME, this is quite a mistatement! I will repeat that among us and our
peers that the FASTEST and most effortless way to potty train is to let
toddlers run around naked.

Discomfort does little or nothing to teach them how their bodies function
and how to control it. Being able to see and feel the results of using
the bathroom by not having restricting clothes in the way is the most
direct way of teaching them what is going on.

JM(NS)HO, based on real life experience!

Larry