PDA

View Full Version : Re: Genevieve's birth story

Elly
July 8th 03, 07:38 PM
Ericka - thank you for sharing this :-)

Take care,
Elly
entered 3rd trimester today!
27 weeks + 1 day
EDD October 6th

"Ericka Kammerer" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> [...]
> off and got dressed. Then, back in bed for more nursing and
> cuddles--and the sandwich Mom had picked up for me that I
> hadn't had time to eat earlier ;-)
>
> Official stats: July 4th, 1:56pm, 8 lbs 2 oz,
> 20.5 inches, 13.75 inch head circumference, 13.5 inch chest
> circumference.
>
> Since then, everything's been just great. I feel
> great--better than after the last two births. The afterpains
> were bad the first day and a half, but I hardly notice them
> now. I've had virtually no perineal swelling or pain, and
> very little bleeding either (all things considered). My
> worst pain is actually sore muscles, particularly my arms.
> She nurses voraciously, and my milk came in Sunday afternoon.
> Engorgement isn't *too* bad, but I'm certainly tender. I
> have a feeling she'll get my supply evened out quickly, though.
> She's an absolute delight--very calm and alert. She sleeps
> well wherever she happens to be, and doesn't seem to have her
> days and nights mixed up at all (knock on wood). She's obviously
> already attuned to the ambient noise level associated with
> having two older brothers, as she doesn't even bother to
> startle when they come tearing through (though she startles
> for other sudden noises ;-) She hardly ever cries.
>
> I have a feeling she's going to be a tad jaundiced
> (like her brothers were), so I'm hoping that we don't get too
> much grief from the pediatrician. She's barely starting to
> get a tad yellow. Bet the bloodwork shows her blood type is
> A+ just like her brothers. My only slight area of concern
> is that it doesn't seem like she's peeing as much as she
> ought, but maybe it's just that it's too hard to tell with
> those darned disposable diapers. She peed all over me as
> soon as she was born, and she's soaked the changing pad
> at least once, so we know the plumbing works. She also
> doesn't seem in any way dehydrated and she's nursing well
> and regularly. She just doesn't seem to put much in her
> diapers. But perhaps now that my milk is in, we'll see
> some more obvious evidence.
>
> The boys are quite smitten with her. Adrian has to
> be pried away from her with a crowbar and has obviously
> appointed himself her protector and my assistant. He's
> decided he's going to learn all there is about babies and
> hangs on every word the midwife says. Colin coos over her
> and holds her and such, but is equally clearly a bit nonplussed
> about being displaced as the baby of the family. I think
> we're going to struggle with that for a little while. At
> the moment, he's a bit out of sorts and trying to monopolize
> all of Daddy's time. As we get back closer to our normal
> routine, though, I think things will get much better with
> him. With everything going on, he's been too cooped up in
> the house, which is never a good thing with him! Plus, he
> stayed up to see fireworks that night, and it's also never
> good when he misses his bedtime.
>
> Well, this tome has gone on far too long--congratulations

Alphawave
July 9th 03, 03:00 AM
What a great birth story! Congrats again, Ericka. :-)

-- Alpha
alphawave at earthlink dot net

Mary S.
July 11th 03, 03:34 AM
Oh Ericka!!!! I knew it! I knew it would be a Genevieve! I'm so happy for you. :)

I'd love a picture, whenever you get a minute. Enjoy your precious sweet newborn.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 16 months

Karen
July 13th 03, 01:51 AM
Ericka Kammerer > wrote in message >...
> As I mentioned before, it was rather uneventful, but here
> goes...

Congratulations Ericka!!!

I *knew* she was a girl! :-)

I'm so glad things went so well !