PDA

View Full Version : Re: Linea negra

Elly
July 8th 03, 07:26 PM
"Em" > ha scritto nel messaggio
news:RXpOa.2308$N7.1091@sccrnsc03...
> I'm pretty fair-skinned also & my line is still very faint brown. I didn't
> make note of when I first noticed it, but I'd say that I've had it for at
> *least* ten weeks & it hasn't changed colors at all. Just kind of a light
> tan. I've always had a very, very faint line there even without being
> pregnant, so it isn't that much of a change for me! I don't feel like it
> "mars" my belly at all.

I wouldn't have noticed it at all, my Mom noticed it when we were watching
the baby move ;-) As I was at the beach the day before and would have
noticed it (you know, bright sunlight, applying sun block often and looking
at the belly - BTW, the belly button is still an innie but it is doing funny
things when I'm going up from the lying down position!) so I believe it
really appeared *overnight*.

<I'm a little worried about getting stretch marks
> though--I know to view them as "badges of honor" and so forth, but it
still
> makes me upset to think about my nice, round, smooth belly getting marks
on
> it :-( I'm trying to make sure to take lots of pix of it now, while it is
> pretty big, but as yet un-marked! (aside from the linea nigra).

No stretch marks yet, but I guess that will happen - they run in my father's
side of the family, and unfortunately I inherited the tendency - I grew up
quite fast during early puberty and they are proving it (thighs mostly).
I know there is not much I can do about them, I just use Johnson's &
Johnson's baby oil to keep the skin moist, and that's all.
Your words about your nice, round, smooth belly getting marks describe
exactly how I feel (both about linea nigra and possibility of getting
stretch marks)! I still have problems with the digital camera and can't
download the pics, but there are a few taken (still on the SmartMedia card)
that are quite good with my bare bump.

> Btw, Elly, now that the weather where I live is becoming *extremely* warm
> (90's for the temp, 105+ heat index) I'm feeling slightly less blissfully
> pregnant. I think I'm already starting to understand why the third
trimester
> is not necessarily looked upon with the same glowing fondness as the
second!
> (i.e. I feel kind of like a big whale when I try to get up & I get so dang
> *hot* so easily! I heat up quickly & start to actually feel physically ill
> from it). I still feel like this pregnancy thing agrees with me quite
well,
> but I am getting a bit more whiny about some things! (DH agrees!).

Em, I'm so sorry to hear that! Try to spend a lot of time swimming and rest
more...
I officially entered the 3rd trimester today, well at least according to my
ob/gyn's calculations, and I still feel quite OK. I have been hot today
(very hot day here too) and I walked around a lot at the worst possible time
of day (11 am - 1 pm), so now I have a slight headache; plus, I had a
toothache and visited my dentist today as well, so the toothache is still a
bit present; I combined the two aches and took a paracetamol. Hope it will
work.

Take care,
Elly
27 weeks + 1 day
EDD October 6th

Em
July 10th 03, 04:16 PM
"Elly" > wrote in message ...
> "Em" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > I'm pretty fair-skinned also & my line is still very faint brown. I
didn't
> > make note of when I first noticed it, but I'd say that I've had it for
at
> > *least* ten weeks & it hasn't changed colors at all. Just kind of a
light
> > tan. I've always had a very, very faint line there even without being
> > pregnant, so it isn't that much of a change for me! I don't feel like it
> > "mars" my belly at all.
>
> I wouldn't have noticed it at all, my Mom noticed it when we were watching
> the baby move ;-) As I was at the beach the day before and would have
> noticed it

I don't remember when mine first appeared. Like I mentioned, I had a sort of
line there anyway, so I didn't really pay attention to when it darkened up a
bit. I have had some people (like my mom & my best friend) comment on it
very recently while I was in my bathing suit, so I guess it is a noticeable
change! I've also noticed that just in the past week or so, it has started
to extend past my belly button towards my ribs. It used to just start at the
bottom of my belly button and go down. Now my belly button is in the middle
of a light brown line!

> (you know, bright sunlight, applying sun block often and looking
> at the belly - BTW, the belly button is still an innie but it is doing
funny
> things when I'm going up from the lying down position!) so I believe it
> really appeared *overnight*.

My belly button is having an identity crisis of sorts lately & is sort of a
half innie, half outie ;-) Mostly just kind of stretched and pinched looking
though!

> <I'm a little worried about getting stretch marks
> > though--I know to view them as "badges of honor" and so forth, but it
> still
> > makes me upset to think about my nice, round, smooth belly getting marks
> on
> > it :-( I'm trying to make sure to take lots of pix of it now, while it
is
> > pretty big, but as yet un-marked! (aside from the linea nigra).
>
> No stretch marks yet, but I guess that will happen - they run in my
father's
> side of the family, and unfortunately I inherited the tendency - I grew up
> quite fast during early puberty and they are proving it (thighs mostly).
> I know there is not much I can do about them, I just use Johnson's &
> Johnson's baby oil to keep the skin moist, and that's all.
> Your words about your nice, round, smooth belly getting marks describe
> exactly how I feel (both about linea nigra and possibility of getting
> stretch marks)! I still have problems with the digital camera and can't
> download the pics, but there are a few taken (still on the SmartMedia
card)
> that are quite good with my bare bump.

My mom got lots of stretch marks, but not til close to the end. I almost
wish I had some already, so I would stop *waiting* for them & entertained
vague hopes that I will "escape" without them! I put cocoa butter on my bump
after my shower, but that is the extent of my "treatment" thus far.

> > Btw, Elly, now that the weather where I live is becoming *extremely*
warm
> > (90's for the temp, 105+ heat index) I'm feeling slightly less
blissfully
> > pregnant. I think I'm already starting to understand why the third
> trimester
> > is not necessarily looked upon with the same glowing fondness as the
> second!
> > (i.e. I feel kind of like a big whale when I try to get up & I get so
dang
> > *hot* so easily! I heat up quickly & start to actually feel physically
ill
> > from it). I still feel like this pregnancy thing agrees with me quite
> well,
> > but I am getting a bit more whiny about some things! (DH agrees!).
>
> Em, I'm so sorry to hear that! Try to spend a lot of time swimming and
rest
> more...

My parents have a pool, so I get to enjoy that on the weekends. Very nice &
makes a big difference.

> I officially entered the 3rd trimester today, well at least according to
my
> ob/gyn's calculations, and I still feel quite OK. I have been hot today
> (very hot day here too) and I walked around a lot at the worst possible
time
> of day (11 am - 1 pm), so now I have a slight headache; plus, I had a
> toothache and visited my dentist today as well, so the toothache is still
> bit present; I combined the two aches and took a paracetamol. Hope it will
> work.

Congrats on the third trimester! It feels weird to be at this point already.
I feel strange to realize that it is conceivable that my baby could *be*
here in as little as 8 weeks! Of course, I also remind myself that it could
just as easily be 13 more weeks, but it is still strange/fun to contemplate
the 8 weeks bit :-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Elly
July 11th 03, 11:04 AM
"Em" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> I've also noticed that just in the past week or so, it has started
> to extend past my belly button towards my ribs. It used to just start at
the
> bottom of my belly button and go down. Now my belly button is in the
middle
> of a light brown line!

Thanks for the warning ;-) I didn't expect it to extend past the belly
button up!

> > Em, I'm so sorry to hear that! Try to spend a lot of time swimming and
> rest
> > more...

> My parents have a pool, so I get to enjoy that on the weekends. Very nice
&
> makes a big difference.

Oh yes! Yesterday after the childbirth class (which was not postponed and DH
was able to get the day off work so got his certificate allowing him to
attend birth, yay!) and lunch I felt so big and tired, I went to bed; around
6 pm DH woke me up to go to the beach, and I kind of whined, "I don't feel
good, you go, I'll just sleep instead", but he managed to persuade me and it
was the most positive thing that happened to me all day long! The water was
very nice and I spent around 45 minutes swimming and relaxing, and not
feeling big! Well, usually I don't feel big, I feel quite fit and agile, but
yesterday I definitively felt like a whale :-)
Being in the water is absolutely the best feeling for me during pregnancy -
but unfortunately I don't think the water childbirth will be allowed in my
case due to the history with bacterial problems :-(

> Congrats on the third trimester! It feels weird to be at this point
already.

Yes, the last part has definitively come too fast!!

> I feel strange to realize that it is conceivable that my baby could *be*
> here in as little as 8 weeks! Of course, I also remind myself that it
could
> just as easily be 13 more weeks, but it is still strange/fun to
contemplate
> the 8 weeks bit :-)

When you put it like that, it does sound so *around the corner* ;-) I still
think, the baby might be here in 9 to 15 weeks, and that still seems a bit
far away.
Not for DH, though! Yesterday at the childbirth class we got our list of all
the things we must have at home by the time baby is born, and DH wanted to
go home, have lunch, and then drive 2 hrs to buy the mattress for the
cradle, LOL! In the end it was too hot and I was too tired so he gave up the
idea and (as I said) we went to the beach instead.
I'm a bit disappointed I can't start the *baby shopping* next Monday (having
the ultrasound on Tuesday and having to stay here instead of stay with DH at
his place -and this is where the best shopping sales are happening) and
hoping I won't have to be here the week after that! I've heard from other
pregnant friends that my ob/gyn will be on vacation that week, so hopefully
I won't have to come in again (for whatever reason) during that week, and
will be able to spend those last 2 weeks of July with DH (doing shopping,
house-hunting (no news about that, BTW), etc.).

Elly
27 weeks + 4 days
EDD October 6th