PDA

View Full Version : Re: trying again

kereru
July 9th 03, 09:34 AM
> I think the big thing I feel is that it's hard to wait, knowing that these
> miscarriages (I have had two now, too) are probably due to aging eggs
(both
> were early and one seemed to be clearly a problem with the implantation).

Not necessarily (although of course I agree your age does make this more
likely).

I had two early miscarriages and I am 25, it could just boil down to chance
:-)

Judy

Catheleijne Berck
July 10th 03, 01:59 PM
"Honey38ch" > wrote in message
>What do people know about TTC after miscarriage? I have heard so many
> contradictory opinions - try again right away, wait one full 'real'
cycle',
> wait 3 cycles. Is there any reason not to try again the next 'real'
cycle? I
> mean, if I am ovulating, it is a viable cycle, right? The thing is, I am
39,
> and feel that time is of the essence..

> If you're ovulating, it's a viable cycle. It should be up to you whether or
>not to TTC straight away. Do you feel emotionally ready to try again
after
> the miscarriage? Do you feel /physically/ ready? I was told after my first
> that it was completely up to me. After my second, my midwife suggested that
> we have a break, since I'd had a m/c, had a clear cycle, got pregnant and
> had a 2nd m/c and might need a bit more time to be sure that my body was
> back up to par.
>
> I'm not sure statistically what the likelihood is of getting pregnant on
> cycle 1 post-m/c so if you and your partner feel up to it, I'd say go for
> it, especially if you are worried about time.

I don't know about statistical likelyhood, but I got pregnant on my
first cycle after my mc. According to my doc there was no medical reason
not to, only an emotional one, and I was ready to try again.
My daughter was born last saturday so I'm sure as hell glad we tried :-)

Cath
Fenna born 07/05/03