PDA

View Full Version : Re: Help with Crib and Stripped Allen Wrench Bolts

Rupert
July 9th 03, 01:18 PM
(Jeffy3) wrote in message >...
> We need to lower the mattress on our 5 month old's crib and of course
> two of the freakin' bolts are stripped so the allen wrench provided by
> the manufacturer isn't working anymore. And of course they are
> rounded so it's impossible to get a grip with a pair of plyers. Anyone
> have any suggestions?

If the tops are rounded enough, you can get at them with a hacksaw.
Cut a line in it so that you can use a screwdriver to take it out.
Then go buy some new bolds. I hate allen wrench heads- I'd replace
them with screw bolts or hex bolts.