PDA

View Full Version : Re: Barbara (Circe) is doing well (cross-posted)

Lynne M.
July 9th 03, 02:51 PM
(Katie Jaques) wrote in message >...
> Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and wishes. I knew you
> would all want to know about Barbara's condition.
>
> When I left the hospital about 10:30 this morning she was still asleep
> under sedation, but they were just waiting for an order from the
> doctor to wake her up and remove the ventilator tubes. She had a
> reasonably restful night, but when the nurses came to change her
> position in the bed, take blood, etc. she roused easily and was
> responsive, and she knew I was there.
>
> It appears we are out of the woods, although we came terrifyingly
> close to losing her. In the emergency room early yesterday morning
> she was in complete pulmonary and cardiac arrest for about 5 minutes.
> Her own initiative in getting up and calling 911 probably saved her
> life. Had she not done that before rousing Michael, she might not
> have made it, or at best she might have had serious brain damage. As
> it is, everyone tells us she should have no permanent effects.

Thanks so much for the positive update. Please ask her never, ever
to do this again! Sending all best wishes for a full recovery
(for everyone) and an effective treatment/maintenance program for her.

Lynne